Author Topic: BL4CK5H33P's Customs - Happy Halloween 2014 pg. 22 - 10/06/2014  (Read 45844 times)

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
I am VERY happy w/ the outcome & this is now my favorite all-time custom that I have done...

BARON SOONTIR FEL - Hero of the Empire's 181st Imperial Fighter Wing
The Galactic Empire's deadliest pilot to ever strap into the cockpit of a TIE Interceptor/In...

RECIPE : RedFaction Darius head - the helmet is a modded ClonePilot (Oddball I think???) w/ the lower mask from a SW Infinities (Luke/Mara comic 2pk.) Luke helmet & goggles from a GI Joe fig w/ the rear mounted canister from my fodder bin - the recipe is pretty simple... Upper body & upper arms & leg straps from Blu-Ray edition ESB 4 pk. Snowspeeder Luke, lower body/hips from GI Joe SnakeEyes (not sure what version) Lower arms & legs from GI Joe AlleyViper, feet from a Marvel movie Thor & belt from a Marvel movie CaptainAmerica & replaced the neck & ball from another CaptainAmerica fig w/ minor sculpt to blend the two).
I know my head choice is a bit of a departure from how he is normally depicted (reference pic), but, I wanted a more "battle hardened/military" look...  as for the helmet tanks... I wanted to distinguish Fel from other TIE pilots, & was thinkin' that most dogfights don't last very long - & TIE fighters don't have onboard life support systems (thus the need for a rebreather) So his oxygen mix might be better suited to a smaller, less restrictive design (allowing for a greater range of head movement) & if he needed it more tanks could be stowed inside the cockpit... just an idea... & the suit's chest controls would be more in line w/ X-Wing or Rebellion style flightsuits - in later SW comics Fel defects from the Empire & actually becomes part of the New Republic's famed Rogue Squadron...

Work in progress...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:35:13 PM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Wow, he's brilliant! :)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
Great Work!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:26:34 AM »
excellent work mate !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:29:40 AM »
Great looking custom and welcome to the Yards!

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 04/28/12
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:56:24 AM »
THNX 4 the kind words & the warm welcome --- Here are some more goodies to feast u'r eyes on...

Sh'fett Drah'jr - Mandalorian Female Elite

This custom marks a couple firsts for me... Ist custom using Slayer Design Studio parts & 1st attempt at painting eyes...

Basically, this character is the daughter of Jango Fett - not Boba's sister, but, his half-sibling from shortly prior to Episode1... pre CloneWars Mandalorian history states that Tor Vizsla created the original Death Watch & Jango Fett fought against them as part of the True Mandalorians. Vizsla's wife, Dyn'zha Drah'jr had disagreed with her husband's divisive campaign & sought to bring an end to his plans, by secretively divulging information to the True Mandalorian command. Jango had been assigned as her liason, in the course of these clandestine meetings, the two had developed a genuine bond & had soon found themselves swept up in a torrid love affair.
Upon learning of her pregnancy, Lady Drah'jr, fled to a hidden location & raised the child in the Mandalorian traditions... Sh'fett never met her father & Jango never knew of her existence. She is a formidable opponent & lives up to every expectation of the Fett legacy. Her armor colors have meaning, as many Mando's do... gray is for mourning, black for justice, blue for reliability & purple is for her father. Her helmet bears a "modified" Death Watch insignia, not to give honor to them, but it is the original Drah'jr family brand, that Tor Vizsla had borrowed from his wife's heritage to lend some "royal" credence to his cause.
Hope you guys dig her - THNX 4 lookin' & as always, comments, questions, critiques & suggestions R welcomed!!!

MORE MANDALORIANS to follow...
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:46:34 AM »
This is my 2nd Mandalorian custom... MANDALORIAN HUNTMASTER

Recipe... Red Faction parts (I used Darius for the lower torso & legs) the boots R Kashyyk Trooper pieces --- upper torso & upper arms R from a G.I. Joe Heavy Duty (RoC reactive armor) --- lower arms R from Marvel movie Avengers Hawkeye --- rocket pack from an animated Boba Fett & helmet is a Legacy Boba Fett --- the remainder of parts R holsters & kneepads from same Hawkeye fig & lots of the belt pieces R from the Darius fig & packs from my fodder --- the belly or waist gear is from some unknow SW alien bounty hunter w/ black (truly black) skin??? Oh, & the added boost/thrust pod on the rocket pack is the windscreen/headlamp backer from a Maisto 1:18 die cast sportbike (Ducati or Yamaha - been a while) & the visor is from a COBRA Shock Trooper or Alley Viper

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:53:41 AM »
Well after about 2 1/2 evenings (approx. 12 hrs... total buildtime = approx. 16 hrs.) I finally completed the last few mods & paint apps (probably my most detailed paint job yet) I now have my #3 Mandalorian custom completed & I gotta say, I like each installment more than the last... Here is my completed MANDALORIAN RANGER...

RECIPE :

TORSO : GI Joe POC Dusty
UPPER ARMS : Evolutions Boba Fett
LOWER ARMS : Evolutions Jango Fett
HANDS : Blu-Ray ESB 4-pk. Snowtrooper
UPPER LEGS : GI Joe ROC Duke
KNEES : GI Joe ROC City Strike SnakeEyes
LOWER LEGS : GI Joe POC JungleViper
FEET : XMOW Comic Series Deadpool
HELMET : Evolutions Jango Fett front grafted onto an AT-RT Clone Driver top & rear w/ functional rangefinder from PVC Boba Fett modded w/ a staple replacing the stalk
GEAR : all the packs, holsters & modded jetpack rocket came from my fodder bins & the armorweave mesh kama fabric came from an old pair of running shoes - the pistol is from Marvel movie Avengers Hawkeye & the assault rifle was modded from parts
PAINT : I think there are 9 different colors here (flats & gloss) --- all are Testors Model Master

I think it is a beautiful looking custom & I hope you all agree & enjoy it...

Work in progress...

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 04/28/12 MANDALORIANS!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »
Just can't get enough; I love the HuntMaster: great color choices and parts execution!

Glad to see you join up over here at the Yards; great place to be and best customizing community there is on the Interwebs!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:23:34 AM »
Uh, wow. Those Mandos are awesome!  Welcome to the Yards.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:22 AM »
These Mandalorians are excellent!! :)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 08:13:45 AM »
uhhh, excellent figures, very inspiring! great stuff, man :)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
Wow - way to lead with a bang!!  Great-looking figures!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 04:33:55 PM »
I too agree, wow. Hard to pick one for the front page, but I did.

Once again, welcome to ISY and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
Beautiful work on all of these customs. Welcome to the Yards!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share