Author Topic: BL4CK5H33P's Customs - Happy Halloween 2014 pg. 22 - 10/06/2014  (Read 46375 times)

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/02/12 CALVISS CALRISSIAN!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
WOW!!! I never would've thought that my simple creations would have stirred such tremendous interest... I really am beside myself. THNX 2 everyone for U'r tremendous generosity :)
As far as the facial tattoos on the Nightbrother... that is pretty much the factory look, (I only wish I could lay down paint apps that tight) the only changes I made was to accentuate the mouth lines by goin' over them w/ a 0.5 mechanical pencil lead, then drilled out the neck hole & packed it w/ Sculpey for greater neck articulation...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:35:58 AM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 04/29/12 DATHOMIRI/HUMAN HYBRID!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
Love your Mandos. Your use of parts is great. I have been wanting to use the POC Dusty torso for a Mando and now I know it looks awesome. I'll get around to it someday. Love your custom weapons too, they look cool as hell.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
Love your Mandos. Your use of parts is great. I have been wanting to use the POC Dusty torso for a Mando and now I know it looks awesome. I'll get around to it someday. Love your custom weapons too, they look cool as hell.

^^^ THNX CS78 - When U get around 2 usin' that DUSTY torso, just keep in mind that if U decide to forgo the neck scarf pieces U may need to add a tiny part on top of the shoulders to hide the attachment points... just a heads up & good luck w/ it!!! ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:29:12 AM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/02/12 CALVISS CALRISSIAN!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
This is my 2nd entry for YAKfinities #44 - Cloud City Denizens :)

Calviss Calrissian was born on the planet Socorro, located in the Outer Rim Territories, with a reputation as a smugglers haven. Situated between Coyn and Tatooine and near Duunir, Iyred, Omman, Redcap and the Nodgra system. Kirr Cyrs once said - "If there is a dark side to this galaxy, Socorro is on the hind side of it. Far beyond the notice of dominions large and faceless - where a man's word and the sweat of his brow are worth more than his scrip. This is truly a most splendid place to be."
 The younger brother of Lando Calrissian, Calviss' life had taken him on a much different path. Where Lando had been fond of often referring to himself as their mother's "favorite son", Calviss had followed in their father's footsteps, inheriting the Calrissian family's "shipping" business.
 Shortly after taking over his father's transport and trade routes, the Hutts saw an opportunity to pressure the young pilot into making smuggling runs for them. Seeking advice from his father, on how he should proceed with this threat, his father told him he only had four options - fight them and win, fight them and lose, accept the offer or walk away from it all. He then approached his big brother... who had just recently taken over as Baron Administrator of Bespin's Cloud City. He and Calviss came up with a solution to this matter... Lando would revoke all transport rights, licensing and suspend any and all shipments of tibanna gas to and incoming traffic from Huttspace, until a mutually beneficial agreement could be arranged, The Hutts agreed to terms that Calviss would be compensated for ALL operational costs, in addition to the standard flat rate and would also receive a 10% bonus of any contraband delivered in a safe and timely fashion. Lando had also offered his brother the highest rate of commission available for a transportation contract for tibanna shipments. When the Hutts learned of his lucrative "double dealing" from both ends, they sent a group of four enforcers to "renegotiate" their deal. Calviss had expected this move for some time and had set a trap for the thugs. He had placed neural-stun emitters in strategic locations at his private docking facility on Socorro and waited for them. When the trap had been sprung, he then took the bodies of the four hired guns and began removing their hearts and heads with his vibro-machete. He then sent a droid emissary to them on Nal Hutta, bearing a gift of four heads and six hearts (apparently two of the henchmen were species whose physiological make up consisted of two hearts). This infuriated the Hutts even more and they then hired a sabotuer to disable Calrissian's craft. He foiled this plot by means of a similar security measure he had installed on his craft, a modified CynugsSienarFleetSystems TIE/sa starbomber, featuring a central cockpit and crew quarters, flanked by twin bombbay pods (converted to cargo holds) on either side, along with the hyper-drive, and the tri-wing configuration from a Lambda class shuttle a VERY capable and efficient hybrid design... He then sent a Holonet transmission to the Hutts informing them that he and his ship were still in operation and that he would concede to resume shipments at 5% plus 1/2 costs reduced rate in conjunction with the normal flat rate, if all hostilities would cease. The Hutts found this proposal acceptable and business continued again. Calviss wasn't done with them by a long shot. After making runs for the Hutts for another month, he then packed one of their illegal weapons shipments, along with a sizable load of unrefined, highly volatile tibanna gas, with a tremendous load of thermal detonators. After leaving orbit he blew the charges remotely, utterly destroying one of the Hutts larger weapons storage facilities. He then told the crime lords that any further dealings would be paid at the original 10% plus costs and flat rate, "don't mess with my money and I won't mess with yours...". The Hutts got the message loud and clear and reluctantly agreed that their original contract was sufficient and in effect. Business as usual and the Hutts now refer to Calviss Calrissian as - "Da wanga coo sa du fierfek hotshun an du azalus pateest..." - literally translated from Huttese to Basic means - " The one who is a cursed nuisance and a dangerous ally..."

CALVISS CALRISSIAN -

RECIPE =
HEADS - GI Joe PoC Firefly w/ bits from fodder & RedFaction Winters w/ repainted beard
TORSO & UPPER ARMS - 30th GI Joe CobraTrooper
LOWER ARMS - Blu-Ray edition EpisodeV SnowTrooper
UPPER LEGS - 25th GI Joe comic 2pk. SnakeEyes
LOWER LEGS - GI Joe Renegades SnakeEyes
BOOTS - Movie Thor
HANDS - fodder
GEAR - fodder

Hope U all enjoy my 2nd YAKfinities #44 Cloud City Denizens submission & his backstory - THNX 4 lookin' & good luck to all the contestants!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:49:17 PM by BL4CK5H33P »

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/02/12 CALVISS CALRISSIAN!!! Page 3
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
Very cool!! :)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 11:09:08 PM »
A Human/Dathomiri hybrid Nightbrother - still workin' on his backstory, but, I couldn't wait to share him w/ U all...
I am REALLY diggin' a lot of the figure lines that UNIMAX is offerin' up lately --- (Red Faction, Crysis2, Assassin's Creed, etc.) --- they are usually priced a couple bucks cheaper than any of the Hasbro toylines & have just as good detail in their sculpts --- the construction is similar to other 1:18 scale figures & mix well --- this fig was made using an Assassin's Creed Doctor body w/ a Red Faction Hale head & lower arms from a Marvel movie Avenger's Hawkeye... hope U all enjoy & his backstory is nearly complete.

Just a simple parts swap w/ minimal paint...:)

Great work!  I agree.  I was looking at using this body for one of my own customs.  I did use the main character of Assassin's Creed for a Sith Lord and another one from Crysis2 for a bounty hunter.  There are some Marvel characters I've used and plan on using, as well.  Most of my customs (I stay within SW) are Joe parts and such, now.  Anyway, looking forward to more of your customs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:29:30 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:34 AM »
Really like your work so far, Blacksheep. Most notably the Dathomir Hybrid and Corellian lady. The Mandos are a bit too geared up for my taste, but custom wise they look just fine to me. Keep it up, man!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
Wow, this one is great too. Back on the front page.

Keep em coming!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
Great use of parts again! Don't get mad, but to me he looks like a night ops version of the Dollar Store Snake Eyes. I like the unmasked head you used. Thanks for the tip on the Dusty torso too.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Great use of parts again! Don't get mad, but to me he looks like a night ops version of the Dollar Store Snake Eyes. I like the unmasked head you used. Thanks for the tip on the Dusty torso too.

No reason 2 b mad here bro :) --- I have had this modded GI Joe PoC Firefly head for a while now (it was slated for a Joe fanfic photonovel project - put on indefinite hold) I saw it in the midst of buildin' this character & thought that since he hailed from Socorro - a planet that is a blacksand desert world that he would utilize some type of "enviromental headgear" as protection from the elements - so I easily see the corelation to a night ops vibe :)

I did a GOOD bit of research when compiling his bio/backstory & although I didn't find any direct mention of Lando havin' any siblings, Wookieepedia does mention Lando thinking of himself as his mother's favorite... so I went w/ it... & as far as the color choices I wanted him to flow in the same vein as Lando, but w/ much more emphasis on an overall "swashbuckling/merc/spacer" vibe...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:52:45 AM by BL4CK5H33P »

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
Lando may be his mom's favorite, but this one is mine!  Love the thoughtout backstory. I try to include a bio wuth my figs, but that one blows all of them away.

Offline Laojax

• Ensign
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
Well, the name doesn't exactly roll of my tongue but he's looking great!  Love the idea of a family-wide affinity for light blue! 

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
Your backstory alone should warrant a win in the contest, but the figure should guarantee it. I really like your buttons and buckles on these customs.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
Another great idea and great execution!  Ingenious story to go with the fig to boot!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/04/12 DARTH MARROW!!! Page 3
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:32 PM »
Here is one of my very earliest customs --- it is larger than 3.75" scale & smaller than 6" scale - maybe 5.25"  :-\ ---

SITH LORD DARTH MARROW...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:46:24 PM by BL4CK5H33P »