Author Topic: Vintage focus  (Read 22288 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Vintage focus
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »
 Thanks for the saber attachment comparison pics, Reconsgt.  Never seen the unattached version.  Mine, as well as any pictures I recall, all were of the attached version.  Of course, sometimes if you expect to see something a certain way, you see it that way regardless of how it actually is.  Something I'll note whenever I look at a vintage Bespin Luke from now on though. 

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
Picked up a vintage POTF A-Wing pilot coin last week for $3.

Also picked up what appears to be a very nice Battle Damaged X-Wing on eBay for $15. It's missing the canopy and 2 of the wing guns but those are easily procured relatively cheap. The overall condition and coloration of the body were just too minty to pass, the stickers looked great. Not surprised mine was the only bid...seller didn't even have "X-Wing" anywhere in the auction title listing, much less "Battle-Damaged".

Pretty decent bargain there, I think.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
Not surprised mine was the only bid...seller didn't even have "X-Wing" anywhere in the auction title listing, much less "Battle-Damaged".

Wow!  I'm curious how you stumbled upon it.  What did you search for?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
Not surprised mine was the only bid...seller didn't even have "X-Wing" anywhere in the auction title listing, much less "Battle-Damaged".

Wow!  I'm curious how you stumbled upon it.  What did you search for?

I've started doing broader searches on keywords like "Vintage Star Wars" and then sort by those auctions ending soonest. I come across some pretty cool stuff like that...figure lots, weird miscellaneous items like the survival packs, etc.

I have found that my Want List has dwindled to the point that the remaining items I need are pretty cost-prohibitive. Plus I am sick of  the STUPID prices idiots are paying for some of this stuff on eBay. I can't compete with rich jackasses who routinely overbid way beyond the actual value of this stuff.

So as a result I have really had to start bargain hunting.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »
Picked up 2 replacement wing guns for my Battle Damaged X-Wing. All I need now is a replacement canopy and this should be complete.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »
Ok, here's my latest vintage report. Busy week so far:

I got my Battle-Damaged X-Wing in the mail, and I had hoped, it is in great condition, aside from the 2 missing guns and canopy. One of the underneath wing stickers is gone but the rest are all there and in very good condition. Haven't tested the electronics yet but that would be just a bonus at this point.

Also got my cardboard Land of the Jawas backdrop to complete that playset. Unfortunately, as I suspected, it did not come with the upright inserts or all the figure pegs. I had a few replacement pegs on hand though, but I do need those 2 inserts to sit it upright. (Prefer not to pay $9 apiece for them on eBay either, sheesh)

Last night I made a couple of good scores on eBay. I picked up Ackbar's probe-wand and the Ugnaught briefcase as I needed extras of these for my variants. I also snagged one of the Jabba's dungeon playsets which was in excellent shape for about $12 including shipping. (It is missing the branding iron and all the figures, but I already have the figures and I know I can pick up the branding iron separately down the road some time on the cheap)

But best of all, I finally snagged the POTF Anakin Collector's Coin via a Best Offer on eBay. This thing is a b*tch to find for anything resembling a reasonable price, but I finally bit the bullet and came up with an offer I could live with, and it worked. This is a BIG relief, because I am having a hard time making headway on those last 5 POTF figures I need. Finding a vintage Anakin is easy though, now that I have the coin.  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:12 AM »
Between CW and this you have been busy!

On the vintage note I just added a custom yoda's house from the vintage playset from our very own Darth C. Wow, I saw when he made this, but it just rocks in person.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »

On the vintage note I just added a custom yoda's house from the vintage playset from our very own Darth C. Wow, I saw when he made this, but it just rocks in person.

Can you post pics? That sounds awesome...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »

Can you post pics? That sounds awesome...

I will try to do so. I think Chad has posted pics of it somewhere. Maybe that link would be quicker.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
I would like to see all of your vinatge pics,

Perhalps a new sectionfor photos in here for Limelighting of your collection is in order.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 08:00:37 AM »
Well, my stuff is all over the floor up in my attic room right now, it's not much to look at. I need to do a th0rough inventory and cleaning. (SOMEday...)

I'm ready to close the chapter on this vintage focus. I only need like 20 more items and I'm more or less done.

Last night I picked up the vintage TIE Interceptor, one of the few ships I never owned as a kid. Looking forward to this guy.

I have a couple more impending additions, but I'll reserve comment until the Deals are saealed. :)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »
Lost a couple of Slave 1 auctions this week, but was lucky enough to just barely outbid the competition for a vintage B-Wing. This is another ship I never had as a kid, so I am really looking forward to this bad boy.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Congrats on your progress, you sure have been filling that collection on a breakneck pace.    Hopefully you will take some time to enjoy it's pending completion, but don't stop there, there are so many other aspects to vintage collecting that can be very fun and rewarding.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2010, 07:32:01 AM »
Congrats on your progress, you sure have been filling that collection on a breakneck pace.    Hopefully you will take some time to enjoy it's pending completion, but don't stop there, there are so many other aspects to vintage collecting that can be very fun and rewarding.

Thanks, I do feel a certain surge of momentum as the List gets narrower. There is still plenty of stuff out there for me though, you're right. I really need to do a thorough weapons inventory, and then look at possibly upgrading a few of the less minty items from my original collection. (I have already done this with figures but there are a few ships that could stand upgrading als0)

Then there's Droids and Ewoks to help fill the gap. Plus the whole variant tangent...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »
Finally picked up a vintage Anakin now that I have the collector's coin in hand.

Anyone have a spare X-Wing canopy?