Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27879 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2016, 06:15:10 PM »
So Mads Mikkelsen is playing Jyn's father. http://dailystarwars.com/details/143626478148/MADS-MIKKELSEN-SLIPS-AND-REVEALS-WHO-HES-PLAYING-IN-ROGUE-ONE-A-STAR-WARS-STORY
 I had a feeling he was, it would make sense if he was also an Imperial too. It would sort of explain Jyn's rebellious attitude. We'll see. From rumors I've heard Madds is playing an Imperial scientist responsible for developing the Death Star's weapon system. I think that would be rad. Like Verner von Braun in ww2,  who was a german scientist responsible for developing the V2 rocket, but later hired by the U.S to develop the Saturn rockets. he had a very complex story. He wasn't a good guy, but not a bad guy. Sort of that grey area Rogue One is going for.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:31:56 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2016, 04:46:25 PM »
There was a rumor not too long ago about the character Diego Luna would be playing. There's been discussion at Rebelscum that it isn't Biggs, as the jacket he's wearing looks to have a general rank, and people are saying why would Biggs go on the mission when the plans were planted in R2-D2. It amazes me how people get so defensive or into it on the discussions.

If its not Biggs that's fine, I never said it was definitely him. It just baffles me, why cast someone who looks like him? That was another thing too, I said it looks like him and someone got on me about how Biggs was Caucasian and Luna is Hispanic. So what? It's acting, granted it was a bad movie but in the Mario movie you had a British and a Latino play 2 Italian plumbers, and brothers who looked nothing alike.

At least here the discussions are civil.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »
  Yeah its becoming more evident Diego Luna is not Biggs. Why make him look exactly like Biggs. I think they were just trying to give him a familiar look, That late 70's style. Luna is playing more of a spy, not a pilot. My guess is he's like Lee Marvin's character in Dirty Dozen. Higher ranking officer in charge of assembling a band of criminals to pull off the mission. He's the leader of the group, but not exactly the main character.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:42:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2016, 04:51:31 AM »
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2016, 08:21:34 AM »

Spoiler Alert! Rogue One Official Story Guide details shared!

First off if you do want to hear any spoilers for Rogue One then please read no further, but a fan site out of Germany has shown us some great images of an official Rogue One Story Guide set to be released next year by Media Lab thats shows some great background on Rebel and Imperial Characters, not to mention great new ships. Of course they had me at AT-ACT! Click here to read the full story.

Also, while pre-ordering the former on Amazon.com I also noticed two other great books I also had to order in the form of

The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Lucasfilm LTD.

and

Star Wars Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide by Pablo Hidalgo

that are also gonna be surefire sell outs so you might want to get your pre-orders in! I also just had to get into some of these images (once again spoiler alert):

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10072.msg193495#msg193495
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:41:13 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »
So they're going to play the official Rogue One trailer on Thursday, during the Olympics on NBC. don't know when. Guess they want you to sit through the entire thing to see it. Good thing for YouTube.  http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-olympics-trailer-preview/
  Shoot, this time last year we had like four TFA trailers. Then that one during halftime on MNF. I didn't make it halfway through the first quarter, before I fell asleep. I'll watch it Friday morning, like everyone else.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:15:19 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »
So they're going to play the official Rogue One trailer on Thursday, during the Olympics on NBC. don't know when. Guess they want you to sit through the entire thing to see it. Good thing for YouTube.  http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-olympics-trailer-preview/
  Shoot, this time last year we had like four TFA trailers. Then that one during halftime on MNF. I didn't make it halfway through the first quarter, before I fell asleep. I'll watch it Friday morning, like everyone else.

Same. I'll be waiting for it to hit youtube as well. The days of waiting for a commercial on TV are long gone.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »
   I was able to watch the new Rogue One trailer. I knew they'd show it near the end. It was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:53:50 AM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2016, 05:47:00 AM »
   I was able to watch the new Rogue One trailer. I knew they'd show it near the end. It was pretty cool.

It looks great, I can't wait for it. Vader had more lines in the trailer then Luke did in TFA lol.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2016, 06:00:11 AM »
LOL. Yeah it was cool. The new droid was funny. The supporting characters seem pretty badass. And what Rogue One trailer would be complete without the annoying horn noise.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2016, 09:50:14 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2016, 03:25:48 AM »
Wow, no updates whats up with us?

NEW character posters on the front page!

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2016, 05:32:10 AM »
Finally we get a glimpse of of an X wing in Rogue One showing its markings. Anyone else excited that Blue leader is in the movie? This could hurt my wallet LOL

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2016, 08:11:04 AM »
It will be a great start to the Christmas Season and I too am looking forward to it.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Watched the movie and this is the Star Wars movie I've been waiting for.
Awesome movie. Love it.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf