Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27875 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2016, 06:46:08 AM »
I have to agree... seeing the AT-AT's has me all warm and fuzzy. While I wont go into spoilers, if you notice in the trailer the chin-gun sound effect happens when the side ear-cannons are used and those ear cannons look slightly beefier then the ESB ones. While no chin-guns seem present at all...

I had heard why the AT-AT's were modified to be like this and hope this means a new version or 2 is going to be coming out in plastic goodness to collect.. and customize.  [at1]

I like the way you think!

Tamer, please...
We are living in the post-superarticulation times. Do you really expect Hasbro to shell out a cool vehicle like that?

Volker, why don't you tell us how you really feel about Hasbro? LOL! I so agree, but here's to hoping we are both wrong!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
Anybody else see the new R1 Hasbro packaging. Looks like the general 5 poa stuff. Similar style as the TFA gen merch. Looks to me like this package is from an army builder. Too slim to be a vehicle.
 http://dailystarwars.com 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:11:40 AM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2016, 08:20:09 AM »
I've got the bad feeling that there will be more LEGO out for Rogue One than Hasbro action figures (who deserve the name) and related vehicles, but let's hope for the best.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
  The only hope for decent looking vehicles is from Bandai Revell or Dragon. Hasbro is neglecting vehicles. I can't see the point of Lego star wars vehicles, there's no detail, its made of blocks. I haven't heard a thing from bandai in a couple of months Kylo Ren is supposed to be released and not even the details have come out. They did make a black stormtrooper, not sure if its R1 or not. Dragon acknowledges rogue one but they haven't even revealed the release dates for the OT stuff. Revell, I don't know what they'll do. I was hoping Revell was going to make a ton of different TFA vehicles like they did in 2010-2012.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:11:59 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
So what is everyone's thought on that new small Imperial Tank? Modified Snow Speeder from TFA even though the time frame is way off? Anyone research it to see if it already has a designation?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
Looks like a light hovertank to me.
This can be a really cool toy vehicle with army building potential.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »
The hovertank is perfect for urban combat. This movie is looking more and more to me like some of the initial West End Games RPG material. Also, Im thinking what we are going to have , cast wise is a Star Wars version of The Dirty Dozen (Half-Dozen?). All suit me just fine.  I love those World War II movies and this looks to be in a similar vein, with some Seven Samurai influences thrown in for good measure. All around major ass kicking will commence.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2016, 07:25:19 PM »
It's nice to see Disney/Lucasfilm with their attention to detail. We're back to Imperial Class-1 Star Destroyers. Note the area between the shield generators is different then Imperial Class-2 ISDs. The one in the picture is very similar to the ISD at the start of ANH.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »
It's nice to see Disney/Lucasfilm with their attention to detail. We're back to Imperial Class-1 Star Destroyers. Note the area between the shield generators is different then Imperial Class-2 ISDs. The one in the picture is very similar to the ISD at the start of ANH.
The conning tower on the Star Destroyers is a nice touch, yeah. Whole movie's going to be chock full of those little details, I'm sure.

And I hope they keep a lot of sideburns, mustaches, and shaggy hair on all the extras. Not enough footage to tell yet, though.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2016, 01:23:19 AM »
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/09/rogue-ones-jyn-erso-is-no-rey-and-thats-great/

Here's a link to an interesting article on the new heroine introduced through Rogue One.

I don't think Jyn is a criminal, but that she's running some kind of one-woman-rebellion on her own and that she gets dragged into the organized rebellion led by former Senators Mon Mothma and Bail Organa like it was described in the old West End roleplay game sourcebooks.
But we'll see in December, right?

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2016, 02:26:18 AM »
It's good to see original Stormtroopers (different from OT, but still similar), previous versions of AT-ATs, a cool tank, the Star Destroyer (and is from ANH) and of course the Death Star.

I think the original Stormtrooper now will have kind of 2 separate branches: the classic OT Stormtrooper (asymmetrical, wonky, rough - which I love) and the RO Stormtrooper (more idealized, most likely symmetrical, better fitting armor, and still resembling the classic Stormie).

The old crappy, wonky, asymmetrical and rough OT Stormtrooper armors are not good for today's standards of film-making. People going into the cinema don't want to see gaffer tape or badly built armor on a hi-def 3D movie. I love the crappy OT Stormie armor, it is the one and only for me, I have no interest in getting an idealized one, but I totally get the idea of new improved stuff for the present cinematic times.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2016, 05:05:30 AM »
I too am hoping for a kind of dirty dozen movie. I am also all for what Serg is talking about too, bring on the new and old stormies for me.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2016, 06:26:02 AM »
The down side to getting a Star Wars movie every year is it doesn't give Hasbro the proper time between each movie to explore all the options on vehicles amd obscure characters for figures. Pretty soon Hasbro products will look like they were rushed and ugly.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 10:10:41 AM »
The down side to getting a Star Wars movie every year is it doesn't give Hasbro the proper time between each movie to explore all the options on vehicles amd obscure characters for figures. Pretty soon Hasbro products will look like they were rushed and ugly.

How's that any different from most of the products out now?  :D
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2016, 02:15:39 AM »
LOL! Yeah, Hasbro says it takes two years from when they first get the idea to get it into production. With a movie every year, it probably is gonna be a bit sporadic. My fingers are crossed though.