Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27908 times)

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2016, 03:34:09 AM »
I tell you what: right now I feel like this movie will be way cooler than TFA.

My nephew and I totally agree with you Commander_Kurgan!
Rogue One looks to be so much better than TFA.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2016, 03:39:11 AM »
According to Jessica Chobot on some site I saw this morning Diego Luna plays a character named Cassian (spelling might be incorrect).
Also, did anyone else notice the AT-AT walkers in the Rogue One trailer are more like the design of the AT-AT's seen in Star Wars Rebels rather than the ones seen in TESB?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:50:57 AM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2016, 04:44:13 AM »
 I was gobsmacked at seeing Mon Mothma! The rest was just bonus!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:47 AM »
Anyone want the wallpapers I am using on my screens now? :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »
I too am feeling way more excited for this one than TFA. For me the first 3 movies are where its at and although I like the prequels and now the postquels seeing this really has an OT feel.

Seeing Star Destroyers, the Death Star, Walkers, Stormtroopers, rebel pilots, Mon Motha (wow does she look perfect) really brings it all back. I am sure that is just the old timer in me loving a return, but I can sure see how folks here would be more hyped up for this than TFA.

I am still pinching myself with that Walker Scene. Ain't it great to see em in another environment besides Hoth? Cmon December. I can't wait to see the exact date, I am sure it might change a time or two before it premiers, but it is looking like December will be the month for all new SW. I wonder if there is some agreement with Disney for Marvel in May and Star Wars in December?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2016, 06:03:39 AM »
I'm wondering what kind of character/backstory this guy has.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2016, 06:10:49 AM »
I was hoping Diego Luna's character was biggs.  ANH is my favorite SW movie so having Biggs would have added more depth to ANH. Casting someone who looks like Biggs then giving him a mustache and hair like Biggs and end up making him someone else is kinda lame. But that's my only moan.
     Donnie Yenn's character seems to be similar to the master swordsman from 7samurai. Is it possible he's blind. How can he beat up an armored trooper with that little stick. Still he's pretty badass.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2016, 07:01:33 AM »
I watched the trailer thought it was different but in a great way...then i showed my wife...what she said made me see it in a different way and as scary the thought is she might be right...she said "oh look it the Star Wars Hunger Games" and then started naming off the girl as Katniss the imperial officer in white as President Snow and Mon Mothma as the leader of District 13... the sad thing is i cant see the trailer now without thinking they are doing the hunger games style.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2016, 07:07:34 AM »
You know that is a good point about Hunger Games. I was kinda likening it to the Walking Dead as far as the characters a bit.

I also got excited by this new Imperial Tank (lets hope Hasbro makes a good vehicle out of this)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »
Tamer, please...
We are living in the post-superarticulation times. Do you really expect Hasbro to shell out a cool vehicle like that?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2016, 07:49:55 AM »
  Officially the movie description is a BAND of rebels unite for a daring mission to steal the plans to the Death Star. Not, Rey steals the Death star plans all by herself. It also has Troy Polamalu with a gun, and a guy that looks like Biggs but he's not Biggs. The trailer just makes it seem she's the only character in the movie. They don't show them together even in the same clip. Supposedly its like 7 Samurai, Dirty Dozen and Saving Private Ryan, but you don't see that TEAM effort, just Jyn. Meybe because it was released during good morning America.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:24:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2016, 10:17:50 AM »
I tell you what: right now I feel like this movie will be way cooler than TFA.

I have to agree... seeing the AT-AT's has me all warm and fuzzy. While I wont go into spoilers, if you notice in the trailer the chin-gun sound effect happens when the side ear-cannons are used and those ear cannons look slightly beefier then the ESB ones. While no chin-guns seem present at all...

I had heard why the AT-AT's were modified to be like this and hope this means a new version or 2 is going to be coming out in plastic goodness to collect.. and customize.  [at1]

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
Check out this part of the larger screengrab with the Rebel Commandos.
Seems like the costume will be easily recreated.

You can klick on the preview photo to see the enlarged version.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:48:39 AM by Commander_Kurgan »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »
By the way: Before somebodyelse says it.
This movie will put the WAR back into STAR WARS.

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
First I've got to say that Gareth Edwards is a better director than JJ Abrams, compare Godzilla to Cloverfield for instance.
 Now for the cool stuff, that heavy shuttle, a AT AT transporter perhaps fits perfectly with the Empires Armoury and the Rebel troop carrier with trailer deserves a scaled model. There's enough here to keep a collector happy for years