Author Topic: How do I explain that the prequels are good?  (Read 8371 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: How do I explain that the prequels are good?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »
Of course as much as we are putting in our very detailed thoughts and opinions in here. We sure have seen em more than once haven't we! ::)

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:21 AM »
There are some decent fan edits out there if you want to watch the prequels with out all the stuff we all complain about.  Check out fanedit.org.

Servo brings up a very good point, I love being immersed in the mythos and the universe. And Tamer is right on. I've watched each one at least 10 times each.

GL made the prequels with a different fan base in mind. He was trying to hook the younger audience. How else do you explain Jar Jar and the clones? And it worked. Any person under 20  is going to think clones before ewoks, Captian Rex before Captian Piett. But if you take away the Star Wars part, no lightsabers, Sith, Jedi, and they are just so so movies.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »
I liked the Clones. Maul was pretty cool too (they killed him off too quick just like Fett).

A buddy of mine once said that what made Boba so cool was lucas didn't give him enough lines to screw him up.  In some way ATOC kind of proved that point.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
Daggone good point Zed. Can't argue it one bit.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
I think the problem with the prequels boils down to bad scripting. The story isn't bad. You can be the best director in the world but its impossible to make a good movie with a terrible script. Pretty much all of Anakin's lines were bad. Padme had zero emotion except some parts of ROTS even then it seemed fake. The whole metachlorian thing took away the mysticism of the force. And the Jedi prophecy was unnecessary if the future is always in motion. I just can't get over that Darth Vader made C3PO just irritates me, they should have had him as Amidalla's interpreter.Because Star Wars is a story of two droids and one of them is absent most of the trilogy. And all the silly and campy scenes were obviously directed towards kids but I don't think kids like silliness (jar jar) as much as we think they do. A lot of kids like the OT and there aren't any poop jokes. Other than that its not a bad trilogy.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:04:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 04:28:16 AM »
I also think they had some bad casting thrown in there too. Namely who they got to play Anakin in Episode 2 and 3.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 06:19:21 AM »
  I agree anakin should have been completely different. In episode I he should have been about Luke's age 15-17. And by the end of episode III at least 30. What always grinds my gears is that Anakin is I dunno 10 years old and Padme is like 17. Then episode IQ they're the same age. Anakin aged 10 years Padme 3. Kinda strange.

On a different note if Anakin missed his mom so much why did he wait 10 years to come visit her. I could hear his mom now "I undastand. You have important Jedi stuff to do. You go and fight your robots or whateva. Dont worry about me. The sand people are easily startled, I'll be fine."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:12:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
I would Ask if individual has seen EP 4-6 (plus RO)... if so and "want more" show THE CLONE WARS (theatrical film) then series. If someone really wants to fill in the gaps then suggest EP 1-3

it's not that the prequels are the worst movies ever made but you need to be in a certain frame of mind to look past things... Unless your a child whom only pays half attention to anything.