Author Topic: 03/15/2024: CloneTroopr's Customs: Jaraeyla Fel (Darth Nox) <SWTOR>  (Read 143124 times)

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
05/25/2020: CloneTroopr's Customs: Canderous Ordo (SWGOH/KOTOR)
« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
Hi! :) Here's my first full custom to show for 2020. Canderous Ordo, the Mandalorian first introduced in the Knights of the Old Republic video game, also made an appearance as a collectible character in the Galaxy of Heroes mobile game. I've done a Canderous back in 2016 based on his appearance in KOTOR, but the character does sport holstered dual pistols in the mobile game. My new version takes inspiration from this appearance. Enjoy! I used a top half of a Boss Fight Studios blank figure and the bottom half of a Boss Fight Studios Knight of Accord figure, filed off the front of the hair to give him a higher bare forehead, and sculpted hair on top. The vest is once again soft-goods. I decided against painting his pants tan this time. Last time it came off a bit naked looking...
0/

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:05:16 AM by CloneTroopr »

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 05/25/2020: CloneTroopr's Customs: Canderous Ordo (SWGOH/KOTOR)
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2020, 05:52:04 AM »
Wow, very nice. Great to see you back too.

Off to the front pages with this one. Looks spot on with your reference material.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2020, 06:36:39 PM »
Really nice.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Super cool!
I love your incorporartio of the shoulder tattoo, that just adds the right grittiness to your homage.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2020, 10:44:42 PM »
When I saw your post yesterday, I celebrated it very much! But I couldn't comment right away, because I had to go. Such a brilliant recipe! I agree with previous comments - the tattoo Looks brilliant! So does the hair you sculpted! Your second Canderous looks spot on! Thanks for sharing the full Story, too! The biggest surprise to me was that he's featured in the Galaxy of Heroes mobile game! So Di$ney do not ignore the KotOR era completely. The latest Black Series releases of Revan are solid proof. Let's Keep fingers crossed we'll get Revan in TVC, too! A 3-Pack with photo-real Bastila, all-new Darth Malak and HK-47 (straight repack) would be fantastic, but that's a different topic.
You know there aren't many people on Earth with such an extended custom KotOR Collection.
You got the best in my opinion. You caught the likeness on all of them. Ordo is one more, buddy.
He's brutally amazing!

10/10

P.S.: How do you embed a link in a word? Need to figure that out...

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2020, 02:02:28 PM »
Wow, very nice. Great to see you back too.

Off to the front pages with this one. Looks spot on with your reference material.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Really nice.

0/

Super cool!
I love your incorporartio of the shoulder tattoo, that just adds the right grittiness to your homage.

Thank you! The tattoo was difficult to get right, there's a lot going on in that emblem

When I saw your post yesterday, I celebrated it very much! But I couldn't comment right away, because I had to go. Such a brilliant recipe! I agree with previous comments - the tattoo Looks brilliant! So does the hair you sculpted! Your second Canderous looks spot on! Thanks for sharing the full Story, too! The biggest surprise to me was that he's featured in the Galaxy of Heroes mobile game! So Di$ney do not ignore the KotOR era completely. The latest Black Series releases of Revan are solid proof. Let's Keep fingers crossed we'll get Revan in TVC, too! A 3-Pack with photo-real Bastila, all-new Darth Malak and HK-47 (straight repack) would be fantastic, but that's a different topic.
You know there aren't many people on Earth with such an extended custom KotOR Collection.
You got the best in my opinion. You caught the likeness on all of them. Ordo is one more, buddy.
He's brutally amazing!

10/10

P.S.: How do you embed a link in a word? Need to figure that out...

Thanks! 😇 I would definitely welcome either an updated head sculpt for Bastila and/or photoreal!

For inserting a URL into text, just do the following without spaces
[ u r l = https://google.com ]text goes here[ / u r l ]

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #471 on: May 30, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
Really nice job with this new version of Ordo. I think your use of the Boss Fight figure was a solid choice. Nice job on the hair, and I agree with the general consensus that the tattoo is great. Thanks for the group shot as well! Nicely done.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2020, 09:10:53 PM »
Really nice job with this new version of Ordo. I think your use of the Boss Fight figure was a solid choice. Nice job on the hair, and I agree with the general consensus that the tattoo is great. Thanks for the group shot as well! Nicely done.

Thank you! :) He was definitely due for an update

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Re: 06/08/2020: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Revan - New Mask (KOTOR)
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
One of my first customs was a Darth Revan figure back in 2012, but I've never really gotten over how beautiful the figure sculpt is on the official figure. My only gripe really was the mask being so inaccurate (Hasbro based it off a mod, not the actual mask). After so many years I finally caved and got a Revan for a "reasonable" bid off eBay, took the head off my custom figure, drilled the peg hole much bigger, and popped it onto the Hasbro version. I also modified my sculpted mask further and repainted it. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:26:03 PM by CloneTroopr »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #474 on: June 08, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »
Now that looks awesome. Man it would be great to see them re-release this figure. Nice work.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2020, 09:30:48 PM »
I agree with you about the sculpt on Revan (that new figure must have cost a pretty penny). Your customized helmet looks really great on the Hasbro body. Nice job on this!

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Hi! :) To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Star Wars: The Old Republic videogame, here's my first custom of the year!

Eternal Alliance Heavy Skytrooper
Skytroopers were the symbol of the Zakuulan Eternal Empire in the Old Republic era. Co-opted by the Alliance, these droids could be seen guarding Alliance bases on planets like Iokath.

This is my first time using Aves Fixit Sculpt and I'm really happy with how the head turned out. As the container label promises, the material turns fully rock-hard after 24 hours. I'd previously been using an inferior clay, and it would only work for small things like sculping hair. I'm super excited because this is going to expand the possibilities for me as a customizer from here on! Enjoy!

Skytrooper fighting alongside HK-55 and Lana Beniko.

Skytrooper and Emperor Arcann

Skytrooper and Sith Warrior

I've already got another custom figure from the game in progress :) Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:54:13 AM by CloneTroopr »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Hot dang! So much good work here. It's a shame you don't see more KOTOR/SWTOR customs. Spot on!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, looks spot on! Thank you for sharing this with us. Man, I think I am gonna go back and watch all the the trailers for this game today.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
You know when I discovered the ROTS line back in 2005 I felt a kind of magic I've never felt before. I pretty much got to know the Star Wars characters through the figures. Especially all the different Clone Trooper versions lit my Star Wars fever on fire!
And when I saw your Heavy Skytrooper custom yesterday I felt the same magic again and I hadn't felt that magic since 2008 or so.
Much respect for that sculpting work! I'm really glad that you're so happy with the sculpting material! This custom of yours and my first attempt on Darth Sion encourages me to finally make a Sith Trooper with some sculpting as well.
Eternal Alliance sounds really good, too! I so need to play SWToR some time soon. So much stuff yet to discover! Also the jet backpack looks great and I really like the golden paint you gave him!
And sorry for my late reply.

- Philipp