Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158227 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
Thank clonehead for getting me involved here.  Theres alot of cool stuff here, unfortunately I've only scratched the surface.  I'm a member over at another forum and probably won't be frequenting here as much.  However by clonehead's request I'll be posting some of my stuff up here too.

If you like what I post please check out my deviant art site here:  http://spudafett.deviantart.com/gallery/  if that link doesn't work someone tell me.
Everything I've done get's posted up there.  Not all of it makes it to forums.

ok... next post will actually have some stuff in it.  I'm hoping I can just copy paste my posts from past threads on the other forums....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:31:30 AM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:35:58 AM »
did I mention that I have an e-bay store under "custom_scoundrels"?   Some of my stuff gets put up there for auction to fund my obsession.  There will be a couple super articulated figures put up there soon.

ok first is my "rouge geonosian"

backstory:

After the first battle of the clone wars many of the geonosian's hives were decimated.  This specific geonosian's queen was killed and his hive was taken over by a neighboring hive.  He hated his new masters and his instinctive devotion to his hive was gone.  He decided to leave geonosis and make a new life whatever way he could.

Before leaving geonosis he aquired a secret copy of the most devestating weopon ever designed, a weopon which could destroy a planet.  He carried this information in a bag at his side protecting it with his life until the right opourtunity came along to sell it to the highest bidder...  This same copy of the death star plans eventually wound up in an excentric R2 unit...

As a gun for hire he came into contact with many new places and new peoples.  his insect mount came from felucia but was being sent to genosis and destined for the arena.  Both being instects they formed a natural bond and served each other mutually.

Being a technical genious as most geonosians were he repaired ships, constructed new and unique weopons, and for the right price he would do it for you...

Boba Fett actually recieved several upgrades to his armor from this rogue geonosian.  His Heavy Destroyer Droid weoponry, assistance with the construction of the MAD BAT, and others...

ok... enough talk heres the pictures:

Ok, the geonosian is a custom of a figure I got from e-bay and it didn't have a head.  so I cut a head from another figure and attached it with a metal rod, he move side to side but not nod...
the pack at his side is from an indy figure,  the holster on his side is also from an indy, the gun in the holster IDK where it came from but it is S.W.

The beetle came from Big Lots, it is from an "adventure pack" entitled "mummy hunter".  I gave the figure to the boys and kept the beetle.  I painted the red on the eyes and the bloody mandibles.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:43:23 AM »
This is probably my favorite figure

Stealth suit boba fett.   The concept was that as a bounty hunter boba fett wouldn't just have one set of armor that he used.  Fett would have several specialized armor sets that he would utilize in his endeavors.  This is a stealth recon version.  The armor sheilds against detection using the same technology that black ops stormtroopers have.  The backpack is a special comunications jamming device.  Since these pictures were taken I have repainted the figure and subsequently sold it on ebay.  I'm most likely going to do a better version of this figure for myself as I fell in love with it.

Long range comunications/ jamming back pack

com backpack from the rear.  It's a repainted battledroid backpack from the 3-po mixup pack.

normal backpack, painted blaster- wood stock silver barrel

with utility light blade

notice the custom toe barbs- made from needles cut to size and sunk into the shoe

you can see a lightsaber hanging from his belt, what jedi did he kill to get it?....

It's come quite aways from first a 30th aniv. fet, to that above and to the final product.  again criticism and compliments welcome please!

In the next post I'll post the repainted pictures.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
the first time around I f-ed up and used enamel paints... before I knew better.  The paints never dried and the figure remained sticky.  I bought some enamels and redid it.

I've got some more additions I made to it but I have to upload the photos.  I'll get on that and post them too.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08:06:59 AM »
Welcome to the family!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

heres what the final product of the stealth boba turned out as before he was sold:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »
nothing too special.  It's the removable armor from the merc. wraith, repainted and detailed, then sprayed with Krylon clear coat to protect it.

this armor makes this figure look even more out of proportion... I am going to HAVE to do a super articulated 25thA modification to this clasic boba....

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 08:49:59 AM »
Welcome Spudafett, and those are some AWESOME customs you have there!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »
Welcome to the Shipyards, Devin! Glad you could make it. Dude, that stealth suit mando just rocks the house! Those toe barbs are just a killer addition and I like the incorporation of the droid backpack and the detailing to his blaster. Tell us about that skull necklace.
Good job on this fig, buddy and once again, welcome.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »
Ahh the skull necklace is from the 25th aniversary gi-joe arctic snake eyes. 

These are nowhere near the best ones I've done.  I'll be posting manny more.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 10:27:01 AM »
an old potf boba figure which had lost his cape and scalps... I made him a new one.

heres what he looks like now:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
"MAD BAT" v1.  "Mandalorian Assassin Droid with Battlefield Assault Tactics"

The Mad Bat's were constructed as a battlefield ali for mandalorians during their greatest period of history. Used alongside the Basilisk War Droids the MAD BAT droids were fearsome and mercilous killing machines trained in the techniques of their mandalorian masters they were smart, cunning, and resourcefull. Each MAD had a modular system of attachments allowing it to adapt to any battlefield situation. These included two fully functioning hands, a flame thrower, a bladed claw, and a light saber attachment. Although MAD's were not as adapt at wielding a light saber as a Jedi was they could hold their own in a sparring match and could be just as lethal with it on the battlefield. Included in their versatility are several different backpacks which could be used in tandem with the arm attachments. A very basic backpack to cary the extra arms is generaly the standard but others were developed. A larger version of the mandalorian standard rocket launching jetpack was made for the MAD's as well as an aquatic pack which has two rotor blades for underwater propulsion. Being non-organic the underwater pack does not need a breathing aperatus to sustain the MAD in it's duties.
This particular MAD BAT has seen better days. With the grand days of the Mandalorian empire fallen and what is left of a great warrior race reduced to smugglers and mercinaries very few MAD's are left in existance. One of which being Boba Fett's personal Mando assault droid. This droid has only survived by learning from it's masters and currently it is learning all it can from Boba... However as old as this MAD is it has developed it's own personality... In much the same way as IG-88 became a ruthless bounty hunter from just a protocol droid origin Fett's MAD is byding his time untill he can overpower his master and start his own lucritive bounty hunting buisness.......

the range finder does flip down as you can see

a rocket launcher which actually fires.  Made from pen parts.  There is a spring inside the tube which when you pull back on the missile it compresses, release the missle and the missile fires.

the green and black jettpack was made with pieces of polystyrene cut to shape fitted around pen parts.  The pen parts make up the middle tube and the missile.  If you guys are interested I'll make another one from scratch and post a how to step by step, it was realy simple actually.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »
Another cool update, Spudafett! Very nice. Now those scratch-built missile launchers and backpacks are something to be proud of. Yeah, I would be interested in seeing how you fab those up.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »
I know *I* would love a jetpack tutorial!  

For some reason, I didn't realize that Wraith armor was removable, or I would have bought them up when I saw them.  I grabbed a BAT because I needed those mechanical hands and other parts - and I figured the head looked rather Mando, so I'd get it just in case...   ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 11:33:44 AM »
I know *I* would love a jetpack tutorial!  

For some reason, I didn't realize that Wraith armor was removable, or I would have bought them up when I saw them.  I grabbed a BAT because I needed those mechanical hands and other parts - and I figured the head looked rather Mando, so I'd get it just in case...   ;D
I meant we, Doc, WE would like a tutorial. Sorry buddy.