Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158261 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »
Super articulated Greedo, the worst bounty hunter ever...

This figure sold

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »
Boushh is best known because of leia's impersonation of him during the return of the jedi.  Most people don't realize that he was indeed a real person and a pretty decent bounty hunter.  The story goes that he was infamous for demanding more credits than the bounty offered when he obtained his quarry.  In one such instance the Black Sun crime syndicate took his quarry and killed him instead of giving him his pricy sum...  He also loved to blow things up, most of the time having his quarry turn themselves over in fear of being blown to smitherines by Boushh.  Often he was called suicidal for his obsessive use of Thermal Detenators.  Leia of course took advantage of all of these aspects of Boushh when she impersonated him....

But here he is, Boushh before the fall:

Features of the custom:

removable poncho with survival backpack
Removable helmet
Thermal detonator which can plug into either the left hand or the bandoleir
Working holster w/ blaster pistol
"electro staff"

construction:
completely sculpted onto gi-joe 25th aniversary figure parts using apoxi sculpt.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »
My favorite of my recent customs: ME in mando armor.  The gunslinger.

anyways so there is no backstory yet...  pretty much just a figure for the sake of making a figure.

The outfit's color scheme is based on my normal everyday wear.. with armor added of course.  I will probably eventually make me a set of armor like this one.  I realy like the way the boots came out and they are supposed to resemble my stingray skin cowboy boots.

ok... figure construction:

Wild bill base figure.  Crockmaster boots repainted. Arms are that of an animated boba fett.  Helmet is animated boba fett.  Head is a Mutt head.  Backpack is boba's repainted.  Guns are animated debut boba fett pistols... I think that covers it.

Here are the pics

So.... the helmet isn't wearable for the mutt head.  As all of you have probably noticed mutt has an enormous head... the helmet and head are just made to be interchangeable.

SO.... things I still want to do for this fig are make a cowboy hat or get one.  Make or get a "pet" boa constricter which can be set around the figure's neck.  Make a "pet" lizzard as well.  All of which of course are supposed to make it more like me.... 

cowboy hat and right shoulder pad made from a fossil trilobite...  more things to bring it looking more like me.  Or at least adding touches of my personality and likes to the figure...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »
I believe that is it for now, Please tell me what you think.  Sorry if I have overwhelmed anyone with so many posts in a row! ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
Well now I am gone for two days and what do I find, a great new custom guy has joined the forums. First off, welcome to the yards, and more importantly, awesome work. I love the articulation you have given your figures. Ofcourse everyone knew I was gonna like that smaller walker you just made from scratch. Very nice. That female Mando made from the Joe figure looks sweet too. Like the ride you made for her too. I love it. This place is going customs crazy!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »
Thanks for the praise.  The articulation in star wars figures has always sucked and definately needed changing!  The swoop was alot of fun to build and I'll probably do several more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »
I like the snowclone too. Heck anything with a Battle of Hoth theme I like! Love the sound of more swoops too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »
Devin, that scratchbuilt walker just rocks!! I really like that swoop as well. I still think that it's cool that you built a scale version of yourself. heck, if I did that, I would have to find a little clone to put in my hand.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
No worries, Clint - I'll chalk it up to the shock from sudden exposure to awesomeness.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
I present V'lad the mandalorian dictator.  V'lad is a viscious warlord living in a renegade section of Mandalore.  He is much feared by his fellow people mostly because his love for impaling his victims and use of ancient bladed weoponry.  He insists that his victims suffer beneath his spear and only offers a quick death to those who have served him well...

still a wip at this point

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »
Nice spikes. I do love that animated Fett figure. You are into those mandos something fierce, Devin. Kinda like me and the clones.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
you built a scale version of yourself. heck, if I did that, I would have to find a little clone to put in my hand.

"Look, I'm an action figure!!"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 10:39:54 PM »
LOL!!! That is what i wanted to see, Doc. All I need is an Iron Maiden t-shirt and a hardhat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
That spiky fett is pretty nice. I could envision a mando doing that!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »