Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60545 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 29/8/2013 - 11 - VENGEANCE!
« Reply #465 on: September 06, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
Love the Mandos, especially with the sniper rifle.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #466 on: September 10, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and feedback folks! The next issue should be a little quicker in the making than the last, and will be twice as action-packed!

For now, here's a couple of posters I made earlier today during a break from making the comic itself:

EDIT: Added a few more. I think the Ventress one is my favourite.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:08:55 PM by Kualan »

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
Volume Three Issue 12 - Justice, Part One - is now uploaded!

Enjoy!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 13/9/2013 - 12 - JUSTICE, PART ONE
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
Awesome Chapter!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #469 on: September 13, 2013, 03:07:44 AM »
Well now this is a great way to start the day. I need to go share this before time leaves me. More comments soon.

Thanks Kualan!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #470 on: September 13, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
Another excellent edition! Great story and action, truly a fun read from start to finish! I only have two minor pieces of feedback; 1.) The scene inside the Senate with Bail, Mon, and Padme felt unnecessary. Additionally, I actually found myself liking them less after this scene (due to their complaining). 2.) The dialog from Ventress seemed unnatural, especially the bite me line.

Beyond that, I truly could not offer any advice for improvement! I only point out my feelings to provide more detailed feedback with constructive commentary. Thanks for sharing what has become one of my favorite photonovels!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #471 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »
Another excellent edition! Great story and action, truly a fun read from start to finish! I only have two minor pieces of feedback; 1.) The scene inside the Senate with Bail, Mon, and Padme felt unnecessary. Additionally, I actually found myself liking them less after this scene (due to their complaining). 2.) The dialog from Ventress seemed unnatural, especially the bite me line.

Beyond that, I truly could not offer any advice for improvement! I only point out my feelings to provide more detailed feedback with constructive commentary. Thanks for sharing what has become one of my favorite photonovels!

Thanks for the feedback CloneCrazy! The scene with the senators was included mainly to showcase why the clones of the Coruscant Guard don't merely swamp the attacking Mandalorians with sheer numbers - because of the committee meeting in the previous issue, many important senators (and the Chancellor himself) are in the Senate building at the time, so a large portion of the available troopers would need to be diverted to guarding them / keeping them contained. There are also huge crowds of protesters currently outside the Senate (as shown in the previous two issues) so the senators were also a way for me to feature the HoloNews reporter Kuun Fan (and those lines of troopers behind him!) to remind the audience that the Coruscant Guard are already stretched thin in crowd management. This will tie directly into events of the next issue and beyond though, I promise!

As for Ventress' dialogue...I agree with you there. Looking back, that last line doesn't ring as authentically as it might. I may go back and change it after thinking up a suitable alternative. But thank you for bringing it up, as I might never have gone back and spotted that without your feedback!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
No problem! Your stories are hard to offer constructive feedback for, as they are so professionally done! Please know I greatly enjoyed this chapter and all of the work you put into it!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #473 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07:47 AM »
I was working on the scripts for the next couple of issues, and this 'Justice' arc that began with Issue 12 will now be the finale of Volume Three. There will be at least two more issues in the arc, with the possibility of a third, and then Volume Three will be done!

There's some (what I hope to be) really interesting stuff to come in the rest of the Justice arc; we'll be exploring the 'dark side' of the Republic, which goes far beyond the likes of Tarkin.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:10:27 AM by Kualan »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #474 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
I finally found some time to enjoy this this afternoon. What a great story. How did I know ole Tarkin was somehow going to survive. Glad he at least got maimed a bit.

I am telling you I am so hooked on this. I really want to see how Ventress gets away from Jabba. Gonna be another great episode after this. What is Voss up to? All kinds of great things we still have to wrap up here and you just never know when it comes to Mandalorians. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #475 on: September 15, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
Thanks a lot Tamer. The ongoing support is truly appreciated.

I knocked up this comic cover for Justice, Part Two as a sneak preview of what's to come. Will likely be a week at the earliest until the issue itself is done.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #476 on: October 03, 2013, 04:46:56 AM »
Major setback.

Had to do a system restore on my computer today, and believed all my files (including the work files for Tales From The Clone Wars and Tales From The New Republic, but also important documents for RL concerns) to be backed up, only to discover said backup was 'corrupted' and now I have lost almost everything on my hard drive.

This means having to redo every page that had been completed on Justice, Part Two so far. A little disheartening to say the least, so it might be some time before I can muster up the willpower to redo everything again.

For now I am focusing on re-downloading all the past TFTCW issues from the external website I set up, which is a lengthy process in itself.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #477 on: October 03, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
Wow, thats just downright awful. I am so sorry to hear this. Wish there was someway I could help.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »
After the hiccup mentioned in my last post, production is now underway on Justice, Part Two - and here's a preview to get you in the mood for the rest of the issue folks:

EDIT: Preview removed - full issue now in the next post!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:09:42 PM by Kualan »

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
Here's Issue Thirteen of Volume Three - Justice, Part Two!