Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60578 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
EDIT: [Volume Three begins on Page 24]

Volume Two is here!

Issue One - Prelude To Chaos - begins a whole new chapter in 'Tales From The Clone Wars', and is just a taster of what's to come! Hope you enjoy it!

As ever, a full-sized version is available at www.starwascomic.webs.com. Comments/criticisms/feedback is much appreciated as always!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:15:03 AM by Tamer »

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - Issue One - PRELUDE TO CHAOS!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
SWEET !!!! hey i just thought of using white and black for a sith after watching indy and tod

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
this is excellent !!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
Thanks folks.

re: The black-and-white Dark Jedi; I was inspired to use the model after noticing the similarities in tattoo designs between him and the Mother Talzin character who appeared in a recent episode of the Clone Wars series (though I also watched Indy and the Temple of Doom the other day - huzzah!)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
What a stellar opening to your second Season of this Epic!  That Kel-Dorian Sith looks very sinister indeed, and I can't wait to see him square off against some Jedi.  I love the Mando logo on the Clone Commander's chest, too!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
You won't be disappointed regarding the Kel Dor - he'll be taking on a lot of the Jedi's best and finest as the volume progresses.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Kualan, I've noticed your post but haven't had a chance to look at or comment on it yet. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm really looking forward to reading/seeing your comic.

Jules

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
Awesome, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
Prior to that, please check out the Front Page treatment and I would personally like to thank you for your effort in making this comic and presenting it to us here.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
Wonderful front page treatment, thanks a lot. It means a great deal to have that kind of support. I'm just glad that people enjoy reading the comic! That makes it worthwhile to me.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
Commander Recoil rocks!.  That Twilek Jedi and Sith are very cool too.  Nice short story!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Wonderful front page treatment, thanks a lot. It means a great deal to have that kind of support. I'm just glad that people enjoy reading the comic! That makes it worthwhile to me.

Jules echos my sentiment that we absolutely think this type of art is absolutely sweet. It will always make our front page and we will make sure our house always has a guest room for creations like this.  We just appreciate you sharing it with us.

That being said I too like the new Clone Commander. Him throwing that detonater right when that Sith Lord had our Jedi dead to rights was awesome. I can't wait to see where this goes. I am really liking that new hungry Sith fellow too.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 04:47:21 AM »
Ok, sorry it took me so long it getting to this...

Let me tell you Kualan, this piece of work is a feast for the starving! Clones, Jedi's, Separatist Fleets, laser battles, Clones blowing up Sith..man o man are you doing things right or what!

Technically this piece of work really stands, what's more your writing is perfect for the format. You got the narration just right as was the flow of action. This really is a stunning piece of work. I just want to see more!

If I were to make one comment...and it's only a preference of mine rather than a nit pick, but why not try to experiment with blurring backgrounds in some of the close up shots of the characters, that way you'll get much more depth of field, and the figures will stand out more. I reckon it'll give your format a more Manga feel. (just an idea)

I know I've said it before, but it is a real privilege to  have you here on the forum.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:52:55 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »
I agree with Jules in that the way the narration matches the action gives you a thrill as if you were actually witnessing a live action event. Great job, Kualan! This is really a cool chapter and a joy to read.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 05:32:39 AM »
Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the narration element is the beginning of some experimentation into different narrative styles I'm trying out in this volume; whereas Volume One was pretty straightforward 'action as it happens', I'm hoping to include a lot more variety as Volume Two progresses, with in-character narrations, flashbacks, dream sequences, etc. There'll be more of this in Issue Two.

If I were to make one comment...and it's only a preference of mine rather than a nit pick, but why not try to experiment with blurring backgrounds in some of the close up shots of the characters, that way you'll get much more depth of field, and the figures will stand out more. I reckon it'll give your format a more Manga feel. (just an idea)

It's a good suggestion, and by a stroke of coincidence I've been playing with blurring backgrounds whilst making Issue Two (which is almost done!), but not quite in the way you described. I'll definately test it and see how it turns out when working on Issue Three though; suggestions like this are greatly appreciated, by the way, as it helps me improve the comic to be the best it can be!

I agree with Jules in that the way the narration matches the action gives you a thrill as if you were actually witnessing a live action event. Great job, Kualan! This is really a cool chapter and a joy to read.

Thanks a lot Clonehead. The 'live action' thing was exactly what I was trying to go for  ;D

Jules echos my sentiment that we absolutely think this type of art is absolutely sweet. It will always make our front page and we will make sure our house always has a guest room for creations like this.  We just appreciate you sharing it with us.

You folks are too kind, really.

UPDATE: Issue Two is racing ahead of schedule, and might even be finished by the end of tomorrow!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:34:53 AM by Kualan »