Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60314 times)

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 9/2/2013 - 1 - THE HYPORI PURSUIT!
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Very cool!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
Glad you guys like it! I've really hit a Clone Wars "vibe" at the moment so am pushing through these new issues to make up for the lost months when there was no update to Volume Two.

Am already ready to begin work on Volume Three, I just need to decide on a character's appearance in it. Am going to go scouting the Custom Figures section, but if anyone has any customs they've seen who could feature as a dangerous bounty hunter (with their creator's permission, that is) just link me here and I'll have a look to see if I can make a feasible 3D rendering of them.

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »
I am in love with this amazing series!

The first part of the new chapter was absolutely epic.  LOVED the land battle.  Amazing work.  Such incredibly rich visuals!  Just jaw-dropping. 

My favorite bit - "the Jedi can handle that."  CUT TO:  Awesome "hero shot" of Anakin and Obi Wan kicking ass.

Awesome, awesome stuff.  I loved seeing Vos, by the way.  I am only vaguely familiar with the Vos "traitor" arc from the EU, but this is a very cool and engaging story.  Once again, the dialogue is as sharp as the stunning images.  Great characterizations, great storytelling.

I have a few minor nitpicks with the second chapter.

I know you can't show an image for every single second of action and that comics is all about what happens "in between" the frames, but I felt a few important things were skipped over and made it just a little confusing.

I think you needed to show the door closing on the shuttle and Kenobi and Vos getting inside.  Or just have had Kenobi manage to get "inside" the shuttle right away.  Fighting on the open hatch/ramp was cool, but you kind of gloss over how they get inside.

Even more problematic, though, was Anakin in the second half.  Suddenly, without explanation, he goes from being on the surface to inside his fighter in orbit in the thick of battle.  I think you needed at least one quick line of dialogue to get us there.  Maybe just have him say into his comlink, "R2, I'm gonna need you!" or something similar.

Also, the shots of him in the cockpit don't QUITE look like him sitting in a cockpit.  At first, I thought he was standing up next to a window in one of the larger capital ships.  I have literally NO idea how you generate and construct these images, so I don't know how "easy" it is to create your pictures.  What are you using as the source for your elements and pictures?  I have no clue.  But those shots were just a little problematic for me. 

I'm also not sure why Kenobi would have been brought aboard the escape pod.  Maybe Vos didn't want him killed - that seems to make sense.  But, again, maybe you needed to just hint at that.  I understand why you'd want to keep Vos' motives murky.  But maybe one panel of him dragging Obi Wan and Tambor is complaining and Vos tells him to mind his own business.  :) 

I know you can't ruin everything and need to keep mystery, but it felt slightly odd to just have Obi Wan suddenly there on the Sep ship.

Anyway, these are MINOR, MINOR nitpicks.  Overall, this is another extraordinary achievement.  I love the hell out of this amazing series and I am always delighted to read your latest efforts.

Keep up the awesome work.  Once again, you've really nailed it on every front - images, dialogue, story/plot, etc.  This is engaging and entertaining as heck.

Bravo!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:06 AM »
I am in love with this amazing series!

The first part of the new chapter was absolutely epic.  LOVED the land battle.  Amazing work.  Such incredibly rich visuals!  Just jaw-dropping. 

My favorite bit - "the Jedi can handle that."  CUT TO:  Awesome "hero shot" of Anakin and Obi Wan kicking ass.

Awesome, awesome stuff.  I loved seeing Vos, by the way.  I am only vaguely familiar with the Vos "traitor" arc from the EU, but this is a very cool and engaging story.  Once again, the dialogue is as sharp as the stunning images.  Great characterizations, great storytelling.

I have a few minor nitpicks with the second chapter.

I know you can't show an image for every single second of action and that comics is all about what happens "in between" the frames, but I felt a few important things were skipped over and made it just a little confusing.

I think you needed to show the door closing on the shuttle and Kenobi and Vos getting inside.  Or just have had Kenobi manage to get "inside" the shuttle right away.  Fighting on the open hatch/ramp was cool, but you kind of gloss over how they get inside.

Even more problematic, though, was Anakin in the second half.  Suddenly, without explanation, he goes from being on the surface to inside his fighter in orbit in the thick of battle.  I think you needed at least one quick line of dialogue to get us there.  Maybe just have him say into his comlink, "R2, I'm gonna need you!" or something similar.

Also, the shots of him in the cockpit don't QUITE look like him sitting in a cockpit.  At first, I thought he was standing up next to a window in one of the larger capital ships.  I have literally NO idea how you generate and construct these images, so I don't know how "easy" it is to create your pictures.  What are you using as the source for your elements and pictures?  I have no clue.  But those shots were just a little problematic for me. 

I'm also not sure why Kenobi would have been brought aboard the escape pod.  Maybe Vos didn't want him killed - that seems to make sense.  But, again, maybe you needed to just hint at that.  I understand why you'd want to keep Vos' motives murky.  But maybe one panel of him dragging Obi Wan and Tambor is complaining and Vos tells him to mind his own business.  :) 

I know you can't ruin everything and need to keep mystery, but it felt slightly odd to just have Obi Wan suddenly there on the Sep ship.

Anyway, these are MINOR, MINOR nitpicks.  Overall, this is another extraordinary achievement.  I love the hell out of this amazing series and I am always delighted to read your latest efforts.

Keep up the awesome work.  Once again, you've really nailed it on every front - images, dialogue, story/plot, etc.  This is engaging and entertaining as heck.

Bravo!

Wow, great post Lance. Exactly the sort of feedback I'm looking for!

Regarding two of your points, they seem to be casualties of the editing process. When Kenobi and Vos are seen immediately after Obi-Wan kicks Vos into the ship, they're actually standing right by the open ramp, but the way I've cropped the shot has made this hard to see. Thanks for pointing this out, as it'll make it easier for me to keep an eye out for that sort of thing in future issues. A shot of the ramp closing could have been useful too, I agree, good point.

For Anakin's transition from the base to his fighter, there was a line in which he asks the Admiral to send down R2 and his fighter, but I cut it when I realised that there wouldn't be time for R2 to get down to the planet and come back in time for them to pursue the shuttle. I thought by leaving it unsaid that it would imply Anakin always had his fighter on the surface, but will have to think of a suitable line to edit back into the issue to make this clearer.

The cockpit thing - ack! I totally understand this one. Cockpits are the bane of my life xD I've yet to find a good reference picture for cockpits, so end up having to construct them from little pieces here and there. Looking back with your observations in mind, it's really obvious that they need a lot of work still. Will make this a priority to find something that looks right in future issues, thanks again.

The 'why Obi-Wan was allowed to live' question is answered in the next issue, but rest assured there is a very deliberate reason rather than Quinlan Vos attending the Bond Villain School of Villainy :D

Thanks a LOT for the feedback Lance, seriously, it's points like this that help me improve future issues as it highlights things I overlook myself.

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »

Thanks a LOT for the feedback Lance, seriously, it's points like this that help me improve future issues as it highlights things I overlook myself.

Of course!  Happy to help.  I've always been such a huge fan of photonovels and, knowing from past and present experience how unbelievably time consuming they are, I try my best to give thoughtful feedback whenever possible.

Please keep up the amazing work!!!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 9/2/2013 - 2 - THE HYPORI PURSUIT!
« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
Issue Three - Past Grievances!

Hope you enjoy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 15/2/2013 - 3 - PAST GRIEVANCES!
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
What a great Mandalorian Battle. I really enjoyed it. Hmm...perhaps Vos isn't so bad after all. Great story and you will see us front page it very soon. Thanks for sharing it. It is a great way to spend a Friday evening.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Thanks for the front page treatment Tamer! Glad you guys liked it.

Starting with the next issue, I'm going to be introducing more original characters as I did with Zell and Recoil in Volume Two. Have some interesting characters in mind that I hope you guys are going to like.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
that is the mandalorian way to kill a jedi  ;D ;D ;D ;D excellent  DH DH

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »
I've really been enjoying this story arc, great job. Your story telling ability continues to improve, which is saying something as you were amazing from the start!!! I look forward to seeing the new original characters, if they are anything like Zel and Recoil they're a sure hit!!!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
that is the mandalorian way to kill a jedi  ;D ;D ;D ;D excellent  DH DH

The Mandalorians didn't get a chance to make much of an impact in Volume Two. Starting with the last issue, that's going to change. You'll be seeing more Mandalorian-vs-Jedi encounters as Volume Three unfolds!

I've really been enjoying this story arc, great job. Your story telling ability continues to improve, which is saying something as you were amazing from the start!!! I look forward to seeing the new original characters, if they are anything like Zel and Recoil they're a sure hit!!!

Thanks CloneCrazy! You can check out some of those new characters now. managed to finish the next issue of Volume Three today!

Here's Issue Four - Devaronian Dealings! One character in this chapter was particularly fun to write for, and I hope you all enjoy it too.

This is mainly a storytelling chapter, very little in the way of action but lots of plot and character development and moving the different players into position. But trust me, in issues further down the line the scale of action is going to reach greater heights than before.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 18/2/2013 - 4 - DEVARONIAN DEALINGS!
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2013, 06:33:41 AM »
Ok, it's been a while and I have just sit to read the last 4 chapters. From Ground fight to space battle, from Mandos Murdering to Character development, Its wonderful. a more adult themed look at the Clone wars is what it feels like and although the action is fast and furious, the plot is spread out and jumps around a bit, like a good movie or novel. Never again will I sway away from drinking in the latest update if I can help it. If tamer doesn't beat me to it, plan on this chapter being featured on the front page.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 18/2/2013 - 4 - DEVARONIAN DEALINGS!
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:05 AM »
Awesome Chapter!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
And it is done.