Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60569 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Sweet! Love the teasers and can't wait!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Little update on this:

I've had to delay work on Volume Three as I've scrapped my original plot idea which involved the Mandalorians very heavily. The recent arc of episodes in the Clone Wars TV series that aired had a plot that - though far from identical - was very similar to the ideas I was toying with (Mandalorians trying to become independent against both sides, working with the Hutts to do so, etc). The Clone Wars is a great source of inspiration, but I don't want to become too similar to it or else there isn't much point in making a separate comic in the first place, haha. So I'll be taking the storyline back to the drawing board, no idea when it'll be done.

However! Bright side! This means if anyone has any elements they would like to see - your favourite characters, planets, vehicles, cultures, etc - or if you have customs and creations by Yarders that might have a place being turned into comic book characters then just give the word! I can incorporate such requests into the plot as I start again from scratch.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
How bout a scene using Walkers with AT-AT Drivers or Heavy Gunners laying down some withering firepower? Yes, I been accused of being single minded at times!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
How bout a scene using Walkers with AT-AT Drivers or Heavy Gunners laying down some withering firepower? Yes, I been accused of being single minded at times!

I plan to open the Volume with a big battle, so this could easily be featured. Not sure about AT-AT drivers, but AT-TEs will likely feature heavily, as will artillery and other heavy ordnance. I haven't shown a full-blown all-out land battle before, so it's something I definitely want to include.

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
I'm loving that Rex cover!! Bad ass :D

Can't wait to see clone in action!
 ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
I'm loving that Rex cover!! Bad ass :D

Can't wait to see clone in action!
 ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr

Thanks man! Hopefully you won't have to wait long. Finished the rewrites for the first few issues, so work will start on them quite soon. For now though, here's a preview of the cover of Volume Three, Issue One (including a touched-up Rex skin, so he's now closer to the show's appearance):

The clones, from clockwise starting with the Captain, are; Rex, Frosty, Kix, Pockets, Jesse, Cutter and Tup. These will be the main recurring 501st soldiers for Volume Three, with one addition - a shiny named Squint.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:20:04 AM by Kualan »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Looks great, back on the front page.

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
Hell yea! Looks great indeed! :)

Can't wait to see em in action!!
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
I can understand why you'd want to avoid treading the same ground as the series.

Looking forward to whatever you will pull out from your hat instead.

I have read the first two chapters over at YF, so I still have a little catching up to do.

But this is an INCREDIBLE series.  Absolutely amazing work.....I'm reprinting my YF comments below.  Things are kind of pokey over there in the PN forum, this deserves a huge audience and hundreds of comments!

This is an absolutely outstanding series. A truly impressive achievement on all fronts!

Just extraordinary work. I quite literally have no idea how you (or Julian or depressis) make these terrific computer generated images.

But this looks just marvelous. An excellent marriage between the movies and the Clone Wars series.

But it's not just the stunning visuals. This is a wonderfully-written story.

The dialogue and characterizations are just spot on. I could hear the voices of the actors in my head. You just nailed it. My favorite scene - although brief - is Dooku's. I could just hear Christopher Lee's measured, sinister tone. Loved it.

You also did a great job with showing the conflicted Anakin. A bit petulant about the council when dealing with them directly, but quick to praise and defend them to an outsider. That's the kind of nuance that the character doesn't always exhibit in other media.

Serra is a great original creation. Battle-weary, with some great cynical humor. And I'm definitely intrigued by Archon and where that story is headed. Your series does a good job in echoing the movies making the Jedi, sadly, kind of jerks. But at least it's consistent with the films! And I really can't wait to learn more about the Covenant.

The battle sequences are terrific, it's all very kinetic and exciting.

Oh, also, I LOVE the comic book style. Just a great visual look all around.

Keep up the incredible work
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:39:30 AM by Lance Quazar »

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Looks great, back on the front page.

Thanks as always for the front page treatment Tamer!

I can understand why you'd want to avoid treading the same ground as the series.

Looking forward to whatever you will pull out from your hat instead.

I have read the first two chapters over at YF, so I still have a little catching up to do.

But this is an INCREDIBLE series.  Absolutely amazing work.....I'm reprinting my YF comments below.  Things are kind of pokey over there in the PN forum, this deserves a huge audience and hundreds of comments!

This is an absolutely outstanding series. A truly impressive achievement on all fronts!

Just extraordinary work. I quite literally have no idea how you (or Julian or depressis) make these terrific computer generated images.

But this looks just marvelous. An excellent marriage between the movies and the Clone Wars series.

But it's not just the stunning visuals. This is a wonderfully-written story.

The dialogue and characterizations are just spot on. I could hear the voices of the actors in my head. You just nailed it. My favorite scene - although brief - is Dooku's. I could just hear Christopher Lee's measured, sinister tone. Loved it.

You also did a great job with showing the conflicted Anakin. A bit petulant about the council when dealing with them directly, but quick to praise and defend them to an outsider. That's the kind of nuance that the character doesn't always exhibit in other media.

Serra is a great original creation. Battle-weary, with some great cynical humor. And I'm definitely intrigued by Archon and where that story is headed. Your series does a good job in echoing the movies making the Jedi, sadly, kind of jerks. But at least it's consistent with the films! And I really can't wait to learn more about the Covenant.

The battle sequences are terrific, it's all very kinetic and exciting.

Oh, also, I LOVE the comic book style. Just a great visual look all around.

Keep up the incredible work

Wow, great feedback. Thanks a lot Lance! I'm really REALLY glad to hear you pick up on the little characterisations such as Dooku and Anakin's. Great to know that it is coming across as intended. Hopefully you'll find more examples of that if/when you read the rest of Volume One and move into Volume Two.

Bit of trivia - Serra herself wasn't an original creation; she's canonical, but her only appearance is as an opponent in the Revenge of the Sith video game. A lot of her personality was an embellishment though, so it's good to hear you enjoyed her as a character.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
The tradition preview pages!

Here are the first seven pages of Volume Three - Issue One;

Tried out a few new tricks - namely facial expressions. Early days yet, but the results on Dooku, Vos and Sev'rance Tann mean I might try this more in the coming issues, to add a new level of depth to the comic.

Hope you enjoy the preview!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow. I like it! That ground battle looks epic.

I really like how you are taking the Separatist point of view too. Always being a fan of the good guys, it is nice to see the story told from another viewpoint. Trust me, this update will be on the front page tomorrow.

I would do that today, but I am all out of room from all the other updates. Now that is an awesome problem.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Amazing! Can't wait to read the rest!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
I like the subtle changes, but really your style is perfect without the tweaks... I guess the artist within you will always strive to improve.

I love you work, it has a style all your own.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
This is looking good!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot