Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279937 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
1. I'm wondering if there will be any kind of 'premium format figures coming out in 2009. What I mean here is a line, similar to the vintage collection of a few years ago, made up of figures where you pull out all the stops (super articulation, the best sculpts, accessories that you may not be able to include at the basic figure price point).  If not this year, could you see this kind of line possibly becoming a reality at some point in the future?

Thanks for the question, Pat.  We actually don't see this as a segment on our horizon, primarily because the default for the basic figure line is pretty much Vintage-style super-articulation already, or close enough to the point where a premium price compared to the basic figure is unwarranted.  Our plan is to maintain the premium articulation at the current figure price point for as long as we can, as long as we can contain costs coming out of the factories.  If Vintage does make a return, and we are seriously evaluating it, it would likely be at the same price as the current line and will encompass more than the OTC but would encompass all of the films (as well as all non-Clone Wars EU).

2. Are there any 2-1B medical droids slotted into the build a droid lineup?  Several variations could be made such as a new version of the Empire Strikes Back droid, a repaint in the Droids animated series color scheme, and a holographic version like the one in the Clone Wars movie.

We just recently released a new 2-1B, and do not have plans to release one in the buildable format in the 2009 Droid line.  Perhaps farther down the road in some capacity it would be a fun addition, but there are no plans right now.

3. I would love to know if there are any McQaurrie concept vehicles coming? Please, please make the walker first if you ever do one!

Sorry to disappoint, but there are no plans for McQuarrie vehicles on the horizon.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:56:49 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
Hey, we got our questions back! No Mcvehicles! I was hoping after the figure line up did so good maybe we would get some vehicles. Ho hum!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
Cool! We got some more answers back! too bad about the McWalker,, Shawn. Mabey we can try to cobble one together one day.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
well it would be awsome to build a stardestroyer concept, which is something like a navy destroyer + a space ship
May the Force be with you !

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2009, 01:33:37 PM »
Okay, it's time to ask something different than my usual Droids or Ewoks questions ( I may have one of those later!)

Dear Hasbro,
With how popular the Old Republic era has proven itself to be, it seems surprising that Hasbro remains quite hesitant when it comes to making Old Republic figures. As yet, there have been no comic packs based on the long running Knights of the Old Republic series, and only a handful of other other characters from the Old Republic period (Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Mandalore, Darth Bane and the upcoming build-a-droid HK-47) have seen production. Yet, from what I have seen, all of those previously released figures were extremely popular and sold very well.
The Knights of the Old Republic games and comics contain a wealth of great figure choices, as well as more build-a-droid possibilities (T3-M4, protocol droids, Sith war droids).
What I am wondering, is why such hesitancy when it comes to the Old Republic? In light of the two games, many comics and an the upcoming Old Republic online game, isn't it about time that Hasbro really started paying more attention to the Old Republic?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
Nice question, James!

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »
pictures have surfaced of wedge antilles red 2 x-wing, but no information was put out on it at toyfair. can you confirm this item will be released and tell us the msrp, release date, and if it is an exclusive?

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2009, 09:25:16 AM »
Okay, it's time to ask something different than my usual Droids or Ewoks questions ( I may have one of those later!)

Dear Hasbro,
With how popular the Old Republic era has proven itself to be, it seems surprising that Hasbro remains quite hesitant when it comes to making Old Republic figures. As yet, there have been no comic packs based on the long running Knights of the Old Republic series, and only a handful of other other characters from the Old Republic period (Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Mandalore, Darth Bane and the upcoming build-a-droid HK-47) have seen production. Yet, from what I have seen, all of those previously released figures were extremely popular and sold very well.
The Knights of the Old Republic games and comics contain a wealth of great figure choices, as well as more build-a-droid possibilities (T3-M4, protocol droids, Sith war droids).
What I am wondering, is why such hesitancy when it comes to the Old Republic? In light of the two games, many comics and an the upcoming Old Republic online game, isn't it about time that Hasbro really started paying more attention to the Old Republic?
this was in the october q&a round up report and things mite have changed but hasbro has said that the first kotr comic-pack  and also from the old republic timeframe a tales of the jedi comic pack with exar kun and ulic qel-droma both will be out in 09.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:28:19 AM by Darth Caedus »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »
Dear Hasbro;
  Is there any chance we could get a legacy style clone accessories and swap out kit containing some spare parts to dress up our clones with? Parts such as Kamas, Pauldrons, Helmets, Heads with varient haircuts, backpacks and guns?

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2009, 10:57:46 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
Are there any plans to update some of the more outdated cantina character sculpts? When displayed with some of the more recent and AWESOME releases, some of the old figures like Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, Lak Sivrak, Takeel and Labria don't really hold up that well anymore. I know that there are still lots of all new cantina characters yet to be made, including some of the cool Holiday Special/Decipher cantina aliens (go Y'bith, Myhr Rho and Kelbo!), but I hope that you can find the space to start fitting in some resculpts too.
One more thing on the cantina; do you think somehow you could find a way to get a booth out there so we could re-create the Han Solo and Greedo scene? Maybe pieces for a booth could come with some of the above mentioned figures!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:41:01 AM by James »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
Great idea on the booth, James!

Dear Hasbro;
  Is there any chance that we will be seeing a version of the Dwarf Spider-Droid in the Clone Wars line in the future?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2009, 06:14:35 AM »
Well folks, with apologies, we will NOT be receiving our answers this week, nor will we for next week.  I had submitted them on time according to the old schedule, before they put this NEW schedule into place, and the folks at Hasbro said they'd use that round for this week's answers.  I am emailing them now to find out why they didn't answer them as they said they would.  I apologize for this mess.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »
You know I can understand them putting the Q&A on a back burner or once a month during a busy movie schedule but right now what gives they can't be that busy compared to when the Q&A was first established. Basically the questions need to be based on stuff we most likely will never see or that is three years out otherwise we already know the answer by the time they respond Negating the point of Q&A IMO!

Dear Hasbro

Since Evolutions are ending how about the possibility of bringing back Cinema Scenes, I for one like the three figure format with an actual background accessory that can be used?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:59:56 PM by masterfett »

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
Dear Hasbro
Since Evolutions are ending how about the possibility of bringing back Cinema Scenes, I for one like the three figure format with an actual background accessory that can be used?

Excellant question Masterfett.  I also liked the poft2 cinema scenes.  Wish they would bring them back, unless they would consider the battlepacks to modern day cinema scene. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
I was wondering that if the Clone Wars TV episodes start showing some vehicles from the OT movies ( I am going to assume that eventually they will start introducing some of them to stay consistent for the time periods) will we see these released in a Clone Wars vehicle line and I would assume with new paint jobs and possibly new sculpts?

I am also curious as to how long you know in advance of what things we might see in the new TV episdoes that might eventually go into a production phase by Hasbro? Am I correct in assuming you do need a decent amount of time to see what they are going to show us and then go through the initial design phase to the time it reaches final production? For example, how long in advance did you know of the new Y-Wing before it was shown to us in the The Clone Wars Movie? And if you do get a prior briefings, has George and company  tentatively identified a few vehicles or offerings for the new non-animated TV show that we keep hearing is being casted?

That last question is one that might need some writing help! I hate it when my mind works better than my fingers type!