Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279465 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Hasbro Q&A
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:14 PM »
1. Seeing as a lot of people seem to like the old Kenner color scheme of Han Solo in his Hoth outfit (blue coat!), I'm wondering if there has ever been any thought to making more modern versions of characters based on the Kenner designed color schemes and costumes. You've made Blue Snaggletooth and Hoth Han, but there are still a lot of interesting choices out there as well: Greedo's all green Kenner outfit, Walrusman's orange and blue outfit with flippers, Hammerhead's blue shirt, Anakin Skywalker's grey Jedi robes, and Boba Fett's Kenner colors. These could be some fun variants for collectors thar are nostalgic about the good old days!

Beyond the legendary ones you have singled out (Snaggletoooth and Han), we think there is a pretty steep drop-off in how "iconic" those really are and think we are better off leaving those rather interesting color choices as vintage curiosities.  That is a very interesting idea, but one we probably won't act on...although we have learned to never say never in the world of Star Wars figures!

2. Assumimg we see a badly needed update for a hoth rebel soldier, any chance of seeing any more of the Echo base personnel to stand (and please sit as well) alongside our Carlist Rieken, Pharl McQuarrie, and Major Bren  Derlin? Command center officers, hangar crew,and Taun taun stable hands would be fantastic. This is one military organization that is sadly under represented in the modern line thus far.

We will eventually turn our attention to more of the Echo base personnel,
but it is looking more like 2010 before we'll see some more new Rebels.

3. We've seen a boxed image of the new Dagger Squadron B-Wing, and it looks fantastic.  Will there be a pilot included with this item, and if so, can we get a sneak peek at it?

????? (no answer at all for this question!!!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »
Sweet, we got questions back! I am wondering if hasbro is a bit miffed that some of their pics are appearing before they want which is why they didn't answer our Bwing question?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:59:36 AM »
Don't know, but it is very curious.  I think JD also had a question about the B-Wing pilot, and theirs didn't get answered either.  I replied asking if they meant to leave the answer blank or not, but perhaps they're planning on something soon in this realm.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »
Oops, I think we struck a chord with Hasbro...

1. Several sites last round had asked questions about the B-Wing Exclusive and its pilot, and each of those sites (including our own!) were given that question back blank. What's the story?!?! Now we're more curious than ever!

The reasons is because people were asking about leaked images, which we do not condone, and it caused us to reexamine our policy on this issue. In the future, we will not be commenting on images that are leaked from unofficial sources.

2. What happened with the price of the G.I. Joe figures? They went up from $4.99 to $6.89 almost overnight. With Star Wars, you tell us you have to pay for the license, and that cost gets rolled into the price point of the toys, but you own the G.I. Joe line all you own. The price point of $4.99 was a huge bonus for fans and collectors.

We don't comment on any other lines except Star Wars and Indiana Jones. When it comes to pricing for any line, many factors come into play for both Hasbro and retailers and prices could change at any time.

3. Recently, Amazon.com listed another wave of Clone Wars figures,
including Ahsoka. This looks to be an exciting character in this new series. Can you confirm if she is going to get made in an upcomming wave? Any chance we can see a prototype or mock up of her?

She will indeed be in Wave 2, and she is one great figure. However, right now we can't share any images as they are part of an upcoming feature. Stay tuned!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »
Sounds like they got their feelings hurt over that Bwing image that showed up on was it Jedidefender?  I dont buy that answer on the GI Joe line either. Kind of a cop out. Typical hasbro.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 06:37:23 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

As I'm sure you are aware, there are a significant number of fans of the earlier Star Wars TV programs, such as the Holiday Special, Droids, Ewoks and the Ewok movies. Your response in various Q&A's has been that if any figures are ever to be made from these shows, that they would most likely have to be exclusives. That is very understandable, since the characters from these shows from the 70's and 80's may not be as familiar to younger collectors.
Now if these could only work as exclusives, how about this for an idea: Make a 4 or 5 pack of figures, one figure from each of the above mentioned shows, possibly with the inclusion of the original Clone Wars, and sell them online at the Star Wars Shop. It could be like an 'Evolution of Star Wars on TV'.  Maybe a collecting website or website's could run a poll for fans to select their top figure choices for each show. Sure, a set like this wouldn't appeal to every single collector, but it would sure make each and every fan of these classic Star Wars shows very happy, plus it would be giving something to all of us nostalgic old-timers in one swoop! Please don't forget the fans of classic Star Wars TV!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »
Daggone good question James. I sure wish they would do this.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 12:44:48 PM »
I think I know two sites that wouldn't mind hosting the voting! ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »
Ok, someone else might verse this better, but with the toysrus fiasco as I am calling it;

Why was the toysrus holo greivous not stocked by some of the stores that were part of the midnight madness event? That being said, why were the regular stores (those not participating in the midnight event) not selling this store exclusive the following morning? Many of us went way out of our way to try and get this and now we are gonna end up with a hefty gas bill to go along with this figure. 

Can you give us a list of all of the 1st day of issue figures? I know that waves1 of both Legacy and Clone Wars have these, but what about the Greatest Hits wave? Do all of those have 1st day of issue stickers or were those that had said stickers just mistakes? Why were these four figures packed with the same build a droid piecies as the first four figures in the Legacy Collection? Will we now have another line to keep track of; Clone Wars, Legacy regular, Legacy Greatest Hits, and Legacy Legends?

Why did the wal-mart store displays for the at-te and the Big Falcon use the vehicle boxes themselves as support for the displays? Needless to say every vehicle box I looked at ( and I got to this display when every vehicle was still in it) was damaged in some way. Many of them were just downright crushed. Most of the top of the boxes I looked at were cut in some way as well. I picked out the best I could of each and purchased one because I want these large vehicles to succeed as I do like em. Now I know that these ships are supposedly geared towards kids who don't care much about box shape, but for we carded collectors is there a plan to rerelease these ships in regular boxes that are not part of the clone wars and legacy store displays for walmart and have them sit in the regular star wars aisle?

I know this seems kinda hasbro negative, but man I think they sure dropped the ball with a few of these items.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 04:47:01 PM »
But speaking of the big vehicles..........great job on the new Falcon, Hasbro! Man did you guys do a great job on this one! This is by far my favorite vehicle that you guys have ever made! And I have been a collector for a long time.
   The only way you could ever outdo this one is if you would consider making a more correctly scaled AT-AT Walker.......Please ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Now there is a question that needs to go to the top of the list!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »
H, here is my question.  You make such a big deal over street dates and for the most part I don't have a problem with them.  Most stores are pretty firm on this, but when the time comes to put it out on the floors they take there sweet times.  I just got back from a store that barely had anything out.  My beef is if you are going to have street dates in the future and the stores must follow it, then they must get the product out asap when the date hits, otherwise drop the whole street date concept.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »
Seeing the demand for AOTC version pilots needed to fly the new deco Wal-Mart Exclusive Gunships is there any chance we can get a rerelease of the First Saga version of the Aotc pilot? It would be a knockout seller in your Greatest Hits or Legends line? And before I forget, thank you for making some great ships in the news Legacy and CW waves, namely the BMF and the ATTE respectively. You guys really deserve a lot of credit for doing a wonderful job on these.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »
Will we be getting a figure of General Whorm Loathsom in the Clone Wars line?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »
Hey Rune, great to see you back!  Great question by the way, I really hope we see this one!