Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279600 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »
Alright, we got some answers back! I am curious about the exclusive versions of those classic vehicles that were mentioned.

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2009, 12:11:15 AM »
Grrrr; no supersized AT AT  :'(
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2009, 12:30:20 AM »
Grrrr; no supersized AT AT  :'(
I guess technically, an ATAT wouldn't be called a ship so perhaps they just didn't mention it. I can hope can't I? :-[

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »
I must say, I'm happy with the answer to this question from sandtroopers.com (which was asked by me by the way!)

"3) I'm just wondering if you plan on giving any consideration to expanded universe material from the pre-Thrawn trilogy era (70's & 80's) apart from the Marvel comics material. There is actually quite a bit to draw from such as the Holiday Special (which you have stated can't be touched), the Ewok movies, the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, novels such as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, the Han and Lando novels, and storybooks that originally included records like Planet of the Hoojibs and Droidworld. True, none of them have a lot of exposure today, but they would certainly be remembered by collectors that grew up in a time when these were some of the only sources of Star Wars fun apart from the OT.  So what do you think? Is there any chance that figures based on some of these sources could ever be made, perhaps as chase figures, exclusives or some other type of release?

Hasbro: There is simply so much great Star Wars reference that we can't cover it all, so we try and hone in on the things that have the most pent-up-demand, or things which we feel tell a great story and can be executed within our tooling and cost constraints. Some of these - like the Ewoks and Droid series, which have seen DVD distribution - are definitely possible if we find the right format. This would most likely be as exclusive multi-figure packs.  They are not high on our list given some of our other choices but remain possibilities as we look to flesh out our plans farther down the road.  Splinter of the Minds Eye is likely in comic 2-pack form and was high on the list for 2010, but did not make the final cut.  It is a strong possibility for 2011 if comic packs are still doing well. The rest of the sources you cite have much lower resonance and would not be under consideration."

I may live to see the day that there are new Droids and Ewoks figures after all! I'm guessing that like most multipacks, they would probably be five figures per set. I wonder who would make the cut? Too bad this isn't high on their list, but at least they have obviously give it some thought! Bring 'em on Hasbro!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
SWEET about the Firefighter Battle Droid, thanks for asking my questions guys! ;D

Here's a new one,

Do you have any plans to release a Battle Droid Commander in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »
Another question,

Do you have any plans to release the Confederacy Tactical Droid(s) from the Clone Wars episodes Jedi Crash and The Hidden Enemy, and the flying Super Battle Droid from Jedi Crash in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »
How bout this one guys!

Do you forsee a future where the new characters we are seeing from the Clone Wars TV show will be made in the "realistic" format? I love the new characters and totally understand the kid appeal with the figures from the Clone Wars line, but was wondering if we will see these get the realistic treatment kind of the like the first Clone Wars TV series?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
How bout this one guys!

Do you forsee a future where the new characters we are seeing from the Clone Wars TV show will be made in the "realistic" format? I love the new characters and totally understand the kid appeal with the figures from the Clone Wars line, but was wondering if we will see these get the realistic treatment kind of the like the first Clone Wars TV series?
Hear Hear!

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
How bout this one guys!

Hear Hear!
I am on that band wagon too especially with Ahsoka and some of those very cool clones!
Unfortunately Hasbro already stated in a previous Q&A they will not be making any figures from TCW into realistic figures or vise verse.  :'(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:12 AM »
We have all been enjoying the great images from the New York Toy Fair. I am extremely happy to see deluxes make thier way back into the Clone Wars lineup. If this line meets Hasbro's standards could we hope to see this expand into the Legacy line up?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2009, 07:04:52 AM »
New questions,

Will you be releasing any figures of Jaybo Hood's mixed up Battle Droids from The Mystery of a Thousand Moons episode in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Will you be releasing Dr. Nuvo Vindi from the Blue Shadow Virus and Mystery of a Thousand Moons episodes in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:55 AM »
New question,

Will you be releasing the green AAT driver/gunner Battle Droid from the Ambush episode in the Clone Wars 3D line?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:28:53 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2009, 07:21:01 AM »
Question

Will you be lowering prices soon?....... ;)

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »
Question

Hasbro wont but the retail stores that jacked the prices up will lower them in late summer after the movie season.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:42 PM »
Question

Hasbro wont but the retail stores that jacked the prices up will lower them in late summer after the movie season.

i know fett but we can all hope!....lol