Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279990 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
Unfortunately, no.  With their several changes in their schedule, I got mixed up and sent them in late.  I do apologize, and I promise to get the next round in in PLENTY of time!  There are some great questions out there to be answered, too!

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
So what exactly is the story with the Holiday Special?
We have heard that there will not be any more Holiday Special figures beyond Boba Fett, but what exactly is the reason for this? Is it Hasbro's decision alone or is it a LFL decision? It's common knowledge that Mr. Lucas doesn't particularly like the Holiday Special, but there must not be complete opposition. After all, at the time of this writing the official Star Wars site is running a week long series of articles commemorating the special's 30th anniversary.
As I'm sure you are aware ,whether everyone likes the Holiday Special or not, there are still some interesting characters that came out of the special. For instance, there are Cantina aliens that were not seen in A New Hope, but could fit seamlessly with all the other Hasbro cantina characters, as well as Chewbacca's silver furred father who could become part of the Wookiee army that Hasbro started building in the Revenge of the Sith line. I'm sure that there are many collectors that would gladly snap up some of these figures if they were made.
Being the 30th anniversary of when it first aired, it seems like it would have been the ideal time for another tribute figure. This year it's obviously too late, but I certainly hope that you can budge from that 'never again' stand on the Holiday Special.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »
Here are the latest...

1. Hasbro, I know we just got a holographic vader with the saga2 line, which I bought and loved. Still, I was wondering if we could get a holographic vader that was superarticulated or at least in the pose (hands on hips)  he is in when he is demanding a report on the Shield Generator during the Battle of Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back?  Would there also be any chance we could get this same pose in the Ulimate Unleashed Battle Pack format?

Right now, we don't have plans to offer another holo version of Vader.  If we do release another one, your suggestion of making it a more articulated version to recreate certain scenes makes a lot of sense.  As for a light-up base to highlight holo figures, we have looked at this but feel that the audience for this is very limited.  We'll continue to look at possibilities, though.  Finally, regarding the Unleashed 2" figures, we plan to stick with pretty Clone Wars for this line with one important OTC addition - a Bounty Hunters pack coming in early 2009

2. Can we ever expect to see figures of the Gossam Commando and Koorivar Fusilier?

No plans for either of these.  Regarding the Gossam Commandos, their primariy appearance (In StarWars.com webstrips) has not been reprinted so
we could not do them as a comic pack.  As for the Koorivar soldiers, we will not be pursuing any additional background figures from the Clone Wars
Microseries, with one exception.

3. Will the General Whorm Loathsom figure you confirmed for us be coming with his assistant bunny droid?

Loathsom is a large figure himself who comes with some additional accessories, so we were not able to get the assistant droid in there.
Maybe someday, in another form, we'll get to the droid.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »
WOW, two of my questions asked, AWESOME!

Thanks! ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:49:05 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »
you guys keep asking them, I'll keep sending them in!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »
Sure thing, ;)

Will we be getting  Nute Gunray and Wat Tambor figures in the Clone Wars 3D line? ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:50 AM »
Well at least my idea of a superarty Holo Vader they thought was a good one and they have thought about a light up base.  Man, wouldn't that fig be great for any Hoth Imperial dio? Maybe for the anniversary of TESB they will give it to us. I kinda figured right now they will be spending most of thier efforts in the Clone Wars line.

Hey, that might be a good question.

Understandably you are alloting the majority of your acti0n figure line right now to the new Clone Wars Series, but do you anticipate any new or rereleased offerings in the Original Trilogy line?

Any chance we could get a few more hints as to the identity of the next large vehicle offering? Perhaps a pic or two? Please, please!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2008, 03:30:20 AM »
What are the chances of a Bacta Tank General Grievous being released in a comic two pack from the Visionaries comic story The Eyes of Revolution, accompanied with say a new San Hill sculpt and a Nexu cub as an accessory?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:35:58 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
Will we be getting a figure of the Neimoidian General Lok Durd in the Clone Wars 3D line?

BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lok_Durd
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:22:36 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »
Questions have returned...

1. Will we be getting  Nute Gunray and Wat Tambor figures in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Right now, there are no plans to do these figures in the Clone Wars line.

2. What are the chances of a Bacta Tank General Grievous being released in a comic two pack from the Visionaries comic story The Eyes of Revolution,
 accompanied with say a new San Hill sculpt and a Nexu cub as an accessory?

Very slim that we would do a transitional version of Grievous like that.  We have already done a pre-Cyborg Grievous which is a better figure choice, so if we ever did reprint that story, this figure would be a better choice to pair with someone.

3. Is the Super Vulture Droid that's being released in the Clone Wars 3D line the same thing as the Hyena Droid Bomber?

No, the Hyena Bomber Droid is a unique ship.  The "Super Vulture Droid" is a larger and more true-to-scale version of the Vulture Droid. We use the
word "super" in this case to describe its size and function as compared to the original Vulture Droid.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
All of them are my questions, WOW, thanks! ;D

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
Which Wave in 2009 will General Whorm Loathsom be released in?

Thanks for all the answers about the General Loathsom figure you've given us! ;D

Speaking of the Hyena Droid Bomber, will you be releasing it in the Clone Wars vehicle line?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:32:38 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 03:46:49 AM »
You have good questions Rune. Keep posting em Yarders and we will ask em!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2008, 07:03:59 AM »
Will do, thanks! ;D

Do you have any plans to release the Firefighter Battle Droid from the Destroy Malevolence episode of Clone Wars in the Clone Wars  3D line?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 07:45:18 AM »
Why do you have no plans right now to release a Nute Gunray figure in the Clone Wars 3D line when he's been in the Clone Wars movie, and in three Clone Wars episodes?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:47:38 AM by Rune Haako »