Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280258 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
How about an updated, larger Slave 1 with a Silver Speeder that fits inside? Sort of the same idea as the Falcon with the small escape craft.

wouldn't that make for an excellent next bigger supersized ship?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2008, 02:33:53 AM »
Can we ever expect to see figures of the Gossam Commando and Koorivar Fusilier?

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »
Dear Hasbro, I am very excited about the upcoming black tunic officers Cmdr Praji and Lt. Renz.  However I noticed that with Renz (who is in the endor battlepack) has a rank badge on his uniform, which post Yavin black tunic officers do not have as clearly seen in ROTJ.  Will this be corrected and can we expect to see more ROTJ black tunic officers like Dyer and Hewex?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
While Revenge of the Sith has seen a lot of attention in the action figure line since the release of the film, there are two main characters from an important scene that still need to be made in a definitive form as action figures: Darth Vader and Obi-Wan from their final duel.
I know there have been some attempts at making these characters in previous years, but they didn't have all the articulation and detail that these characters deserve. Both Darth Vader and Obi-Wan need to be super articulated, look filthy and grimy with singed clothes from fighting over the lava of Mustafar. It wouldn't hurt if Vader could have a more evil looking face than previous releases, as well as Sith eyes and removable limbs! These guys deserve to be more that repaints, they need to be done right!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
I have heard of numerous stories where there were inadequate supplies of the Game Stop Exclusive Stormtrooper Commander  figures on hand for those who bought the game. I haven't heard of one store who stocked more than a dozen of these figures to be honest. Knowing that part of the issue was not Hasbros, are there any plans to send Game Stop more figures or are there any future plans to release this figure again as part of a legends or basic carded wave?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2008, 04:51:54 PM »
Good question there, Tamer!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
Dear Hasbro

1) Whatever happened to the Lumiya Comic Pack, if it is still going ahead, can you shed some light on who will be packed with her (I am hopping you make good and pack Kiro, instead of another flaming Luke).

2) You said if these large ships did well there would be others, whats the chances of getting the rebel troop transport made to the same scale as the new Falcon.

3) Can you tell us the next Ewoks to be released.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
Straight from the Horse's Mouth...

1. As you probably know, Darth Andeddu has now made several appearances in comics (Republic and Legacy). Any chance he could be under consideration for a future comic pack?

He's still a very minor player.  While there are no plans for him, we do have some great plans for other characters from Legacy and Republic.

2. Greetings Hasbro. I just wanted to say, you guys are doing a great job with the Star Wars toys. You guys were meant to  make them. Anyways, I have a dying question to ask and hope that you can give me a concrete answer. Will we ever see a soft good cloak and articulated Jawa anytime soon? I know you guys will return to the "vintage" line again but what new approach will you take on this awesome line? Are you guys gonna take the same approach as your classic GI-JOE figures?  Thanks!

Right now we don't have any plans for a soft goods or more articulated Jawa in the short term.  There is not much more you would want to do with them in articulation in any case so we'll probably stick with the current level, and explore the soft goods if/when we reintroduce Vintage.

3. You showed us two great looking "Clone Scouts" who reported intell on the Monastery. Are we gonna see both of these figures show up in the animated line? Especially the commander?

We do have plans for the Scouts at some point next year in the Animated line.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »
Great news on the Scouts for the Animated Clone Wars.

Now my question

Dear Hasbro
What happened to Lumiya, when is she going to appear also you keep mentioning Valance when are we likely to see him.

Also out of these characters can you tell us which ones are likely to be made and which ones dont stand a hope in hells chance of ever seeing daylight.

Crimson Jack
Jolli
Kiro
Bey
Rik Duel
Dani
Chihdo
Jedidah (The Last Jedi)
Cody Sun-Childe (one of my all time favs)
Jaxxon (I am pretty sure of the anwser here, lol)
Hedji
Amaiza Foxtrain

And the next ones you produce could you please stop the funky coloring and use some common sense, we keep asking and you seem to ignore us, so please stop with the funky coloring.

Also something I dont think you have been asked which 10 Unique (Not kit bashed) Marvel Star Wars Characters would you like to see in plastic asap.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »
1. I have heard of numerous stories where there were inadequate supplies of the Game Stop Exclusive Stormtrooper Commander  figures on hand for those who bought the game. I haven't heard of one store who stocked more than a dozen of these figures to be honest. Knowing that part of the issue was not Hasbros, are there any plans to send Game Stop more figures or are there any future plans to release this figure again as part of a legends or basic carded wave?

Not only was the problem not ours, we had nothing to do with distribution and did not know the dispensation of this figure until the Friday before the on-sale date for the TFU game. We scrambled to get the word out once we learned, but it was too late to do anything but inform at that point.  We do have plans to get this figure back out there, possibly as early as Comic Con next year.

2. There are SO many great characters from The Force Unleashed game that beg for their own card.  Are we going to see any Incinerator Troopers,
Shadow EVO Troopers, Kazdan Paratus, or even the giant Phase Troopers?  Maybe a 2-Pack of Phase Troopers as a battlepack?  I know that the incinerator troopers and shadow troopers are in the Wal-Mart exclusive 3-Packs, but will we see these on their own cards?

The Force Unleashed looks to be on its way to being perhaps the best selling Star Wars game in history - no mean feat with predecessors like Battlefront II and KotOR. Equally as passionate have been the fans, and "when are we getting more TFU figures?!!" is easily the top question for this Q&A session.  We like TFU as much as you and we are looking at adding additional characters.  If we did, they might not be here before Spring 2010, but many of the characters you suggest are high on our list.  We are looking at a way of getting the TFU Stormtrooper Commander back out and available, possibly for Comic Con next year.

3. Any idea when we'll see more speeders? Luke's landspeeder should be about due for a re-release or upgrade since it hasn't been available for several years, as well as upgraded versions of Anakin and Zam's speeders from Episode II. And please, please, please consider Boba Fett's Silver Speeder too! It's about time for Boba's other vehicle! (Please see pic at http://www.droidsandewoks.com/silver_speeder.htm)

Speeders are admittedly less of a priority for us while we concentrate on more "aggressive" new vehicles and upgrades to key creatures.  We are sure at some point we will re-release Luke's speeder, however.  The others are highly unlikely to ever be re-released or upgraded.  Thanks for making us aware of Boba's speeder.  As cool as it is, it stands a very low chance of seeing the light of day unless it shows up somewhere in future entertainment.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 01:10:01 AM »
Will the General Whorm Loathsom figure you confirmed for us be coming with his assistant bunny droid?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:12:13 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2008, 07:17:37 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
In reading past Q&A's, it seems like there is a desire to someday make some exclusive figures from the two original TV series, Ewoks and Droids, most likely as exclusives. So I just have a few questions on this. First of all, do you think it will ever really happen? I certainly hope so, but do you honestly think it will? Also, if they ever do happen, would they be done in animated or realistic style? Would they more likely come in a boxed set or on individual cards?
By the way, great work on that animated debut Boba Fett from last year. He works great as a Droids figure, but he's getting lonely!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »
Hasbro, I know we just got a holographic vader with the saga2 line, which I bought and loved. Still, I was wondering if we could get a holographic vader that was superarticulated or at least in the pose(hands on hips)  he is in when he is demanding a report on the Shield Generator during the Battle of Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back? Would there also be any chance we could get this same pose in the Ulimate Unleashed Battle Pack format?

On a related note, I was also wondering if you had any plans to make a 3 and 3/4 figure size light up holographic display base that we could use to "light up" our holo figures. This would be great for just general figures, but would rock in regards to holo figures for those of us who have plans for building Hoth dioramas? This could be watch battery or triple AAA battery powered and feature an LED light which would last forever. You could even use last year's kneeling vader SDCC exclusive vader and emperor base, but just make it have the holographic look. Wouldn't these products also be great releases for the 30th Anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back? It could be something similiar to this McFarlane Cortana!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:00:20 PM by Tamer »

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
any plans to update or at least rerelease the hoth(clean) at-at?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
Did Hasbro not answer our questions last week?