Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279461 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »
Good question buddy! We just gotta know.

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
I like the question as well. I don't think they're gonna answer it though. I guarantee it's going to be something like; "We have nothing confirmed as of yet.", "You can look forward to toyfair '09, stay tuned."

Considering how hard they tryed to keep the BMF and the AT-TE under wraps we can assume they'll do the same here.

Hasbro, is there any possibility of seeing the previous Durge figures coming back as a saga legends or battle pack release? Now that we have a good clone armour Obi-Wan Kenobi and an IG lancer droid maybe a battle pack featuring clone and seperatist speeder bikes. A reissue of Durge's swoop bike would be great as well.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »
I figure they won't answer it either guys, but they may give us short hint. I would love for them to let us be the first site to show the pic. Maybe if they remember we asked em about it they will get us the scoop! Probably not, but it doesnt hurt to dream, thats what got us the ATTE remember?

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 06:33:59 PM »
Hasbro, given the newly established and corrected scale of ewok figures, how long are we going to have to wait for a corrected Wicket or Logray for that matter. Given that Wicket is the most prominent of all the ewoks, he would seem to demand an upgrade.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »
1. As I'm sure you are aware, there are a significant number of fans of the earlier Star Wars TV programs, such as the Holiday Special, Droids, Ewoks and the Ewok movies. Your response in various Q&A's has been that if any figures are ever to be made from these shows, that they would most likely have to be exclusives. That is very understandable, since the characters from these shows from the 70's and 80's may not be as familiar to younger collectors.  Now if these could only work as exclusives, how about this for an idea: Make a 4 or 5 pack of figures, one figure from each of the above mentioned shows, possibly with the inclusion of the original Clone Wars, and sell them online at the Star Wars Shop. It could be like an 'Evolution of Star Wars on TV'.  Maybe a collecting website (I know we would be more than happy to host such a poll!) or websites could run a poll for fans to select their top figure choices for each show. Sure, a set like this> wouldn't appeal to every single collector, but it would sure make each and every fan of these classic Star Wars shows very happy, plus it would be giving something to all of us nostalgic old-timers in one swoop! Please don't forget the fans of classic Star Wars TV!

Our mode of operation would favor multi-figure sets centered around a theme, and in this case the better approach would be to just do a multi-figure Droids or Ewoks set (we cannot approach the Holiday Special).  Right now, there is nothing on the drawing board.  We are interested in looking at these at some point, but we need to have the right retail
partner, and the number of tools required remains a severe challenge to sets like this.

2. Will we be getting a figure of General Whorm Loathsom in the Clone Wars line?

Why yes, yes you will.

3. Although you have said you highly doubt Xandel Carivus Bodyguards seeing plastic, I was interested in your reply to a question on rebelscum that said...

"We feel the Crimson Empire storyline and its sequel, Crimson Empire II, written by Mike Richardson and Randy Stradley, is an exceptional, lasting storyline worthy of attention. CE not only tells a great "origin" story for the Royal Guards, explaining why they are supremely skilled and unfailingly loyal to the Emperor, but also introduces important and memorable characters in Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, and Mirrith Sinn."

So my question is can we continue to see more figures from the Crimson Empire series, and if so will I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel to see Xandel's Bodyguards made?

We certainly hope to do additional Crimson Empire-themed sets in the future.  The most likely possibility is through Comic Packs.  We would not rule out Xandel's Bodyguards…they remain in the "parking lot" for consideration, although there are many worthy packs in there that would probably be ahead of them.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »
SWEET, Loathsom is coming! ;D

Thanks for asking my question Phatty! ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:08:43 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 07:52:01 PM »
You know it!  I'm definitely excited to be getting that Whorm myself!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
I do hope he's carded, and not in a Battle Pack or something.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »
Thx Phatty  ;D   UBER PROPS to u and Tamer  vadsab
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Thx Phatty  ;D   UBER PROPS to u and Tamer  vadsab

Why thank you. I love the questions you guys come up with.  Keep em coming!

For example: You showed us two great looking "Clone Scouts" who reported intell on the Monastery. Are we gonna see both of these figures show up in the animated line? Especially the commander?

Offline blackadder69

• Cadet
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »
Droids/Ewok-centric multipacks bitchin' idea   O0
Here are my imagined Entertainment Earth Multipacks:

Droids:
Lin-D (or Bix)
Ig-88
R2-D2
C-3PO
BL-17
KT-10
Proto One

Villains:
Vlix Oncard
Admiral Terrinald Screed
Tig Fromm
Sise Fromm
Gaff
Kleb Zellock
Zatac-Cha

Heroes:
Gundy Tosh
Jann Tosh
Jord Dusat
Thall Joben
mungo Baobab
Coby
Jessica Meade

C.E. I and C.E. II figures another bitchin' idea  lvva

Loathsom Whorm, crap idea   >:D
This figure is a guarnteed peg-warmer
He is best relegated to being a mail-in figure, so he won't clog the pegs, preventing us from getting more bitchin' clones   vadsab

"So Long, and Thanx For All the Fish",
Blackadder69?:>}
(Next incarnation of  The Master)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »
welcome blackadder69. Please introduce yourself in the new recruit thread.  I like your ideas of multi packs. I also don't think the idea of the Whorm figure is such a bad idea. He may be one of the few figures in this wave to not be so "skinny".  To each his own though. To each his own.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »
blackadder69, welcome to the shipyards.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
He is best relegated to being a mail-in figure, so he won't clog the pegs, preventing us from getting more bitchin' clones   vader saber

Funny since it's the clones that are warming the pegs. :P

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
Hasbro, is there a chance that we will be seeing that single pilot imperial shuttle looking troop transport from the new clone wars movie. I would love to add that ship to my collection and it would not be too hard to reproduce to actual 3 3/4 figure scale.