Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280229 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:08 AM »
FYI, I saw posted at yodanews that they already asked the question about getting more bigger ships or playsets. Hasbro said the initial response has been good, but they want to wait till the holiday season is over till they decide for sure. It still doesnt hurt us to ask for a hint as to the next supersized ship identity though?

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »
Dear Hasbro, very excited about the endor shield generator bp.  However are you aware that you have the black tunic imperial officer with a rank badge while in the movie they didn't have one?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »
Is it true that the EB games exclusive Force Unleashed Stormtrooper Commander will not be available at all in the States? Is there any way US collectors can order one of these if it is just an international exclusive?

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:16 PM »
 Greetings Hasbro. I just wanted to say, you guys are doing a great job with the Star Wars toys. You guys were meant to  make them. Anyways, I have a dying question to ask and please give me a concrete answer. Will we ever see a soft good cloak and articulated Jawa anytime soon? I know you guys will return to the "vintage" line again but what new approach will you take on this awesome line? Are you guys gonna take the same approach as your classic GI-JOE figures?  Thanks

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »
Hasbro, regarding the Endor bunker battle pack, perhaps you can clear something up for us. Unless I am mistaken, it has been confirmed that despite earlier promotional photos that tell otherwise, this set now includes only one imperial officer (Lt. Renz). Why is it that when a standard battle pack usually includes five figures this one now includes only four, without any other pack-ins like set pieces or vehicles. It was speculated by the fan community that the second officer would likely have been Col. Dyer as portrayed by Star Wars sound designer and editor, Ben Burtt. Since this does not appear to be in theoffing for this battle pack, When and if might we see a figure for Mr. Burtt? I for one would love to see more of the behind the scenes personalities in figure form based on their cameos in various movies. Perhaps John Knoll as a Bravo pilot Rya Kirsch from episode I. Rick McCallum and Ben Burt as Naboo dignitaries. There is after all precedent. Ralph McQuarie got his own figure last year after all. A Jeremy Bulloch as Lt. Sheckil and Cpt. Colton would be great as well. The nice thing is that most of these would use tooling that could be used for something else as well.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
Is the Battle of Christophis BP a  store exclusive? Can you give us a hint to the cost of this battle pack?

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
As you probably know, Darth Andeddu has now made several appearances in comics (Republic and Legacy). Any chance he could be under consideration for a future comic pack?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 09:52:16 AM »
1. Hasbro, given the newly established and corrected scale of ewok  figures, how long are we going to have to wait for a corrected Wicket or Logray for that matter?  Given that Wicket is the most prominent of all the ewoks, he would seem to demand an upgrade.

They are on the "short list" (ha ha!) of Ewoks that we would like to do soon.  Soon in this case means in the next 1-2 years, so we are confidentthat your patience will be rewarded.

2. Hasbro, is there a chance that we will be seeing that single pilot imperial shuttle looking troop transport from the new clone wars movie?  I would love to add that ship to my collection and it would not be too hard to reproduce to actual 3 3/4 figure scale.

That is actually a *huge* vehicle.  Right now we have no plans to do that one, since some other more overtly "aggressive" and less shuttle-like vehicles are in our sites. If it continues to remain prevalent in the entertainment, and sees more action than just shuttling troops, then at some point we will consider it again.

3. The rumor mill is running full-tilt about the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace.  You have "hinted" that if the AT-TE and the BMF were a success that you may have plans for another "super-sizing". It was mentioned on Yodasnews.com that you are waiting until after the Holiday rush to determine the full impact of these large-scale vehicles. That being said, would it now be possible to get some more information as to the identity of any new supersized ships you have on the drawing board?

We will not be releasing any more info at this time, for two reasons:  1. We have yet to get through the holiday season, and 2. We will be unveiling the news of the 2009 Fall line at Toy Fair and other toy events starting in early 2009.  You'll have to wait until then for concrete news on our next vehicle plans.  One thing we can confirm is that there will NOT be big vehicle news regarding the Phantom Menace.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:22:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
Well we now know that at least all this stuff we are hearing about the Phatom Menace large vehicle is wrong. That is at least something!

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »
jedidefenders q&a confirmed the sa hoth rebel soldier will be out around sprind 09. i wonder if tamer will get one  ::)

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
Any idea when we'll see more speeders? Luke's landspeeder should be about due for a re-release or upgrade since it hasn't been available for several years, as well as upgraded versions of Anakin and Zam's speeders from Episode II. And please, please, please consider Boba Fett's Silver Speeder too! It's about time for Boba's other vehicle! (Please see pic at http://www.droidsandewoks.com/silver_speeder.htm)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 03:58:35 AM »
jedidefenders q&a confirmed the sa hoth rebel soldier will be out around sprind 09. i wonder if tamer will get one  ::)

Oh, I might get one! 8)

James, I love the idea of that Boba speeder, but I would settle for a rerelease of the OTC Slave I and for some reason they won't do that!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:43:31 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »
Thanks for asking my question! Too bad that they said no. As much other stuff as they are releasing I figured that new shuttle had a shot.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »
How about an updated, larger Slave 1 with a Silver Speeder that fits inside? Sort of the same idea as the Falcon with the small escape craft.