Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280381 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
Thanks! ;D

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 01:05:57 PM »
I would really like to see something from the Droids and Ewoks animated TV series! Hasbro has said in the Q&A's that any figures from these shows would probably have to be exclusives. If that's the only way then great, bring them on! But how about some comic packs from the Droids and Ewoks comic series? These series were published by the Star branch of Marvel Comics back in the mid 80's.

Here's some characters from issue 8 of Droids, part of the 'Star Wars through the eyes of the droids' storyline that I think would make good figures.

TIE Fighter Pilot

That character on the right is actually a TIE Fighter Pilot. I think he has a really unique and cool design, and he could make a nice action figure. And it would be ok with me if the blue highlights were left off!

C-3PO and R2-D2

R2-D2's appearance in the comics is quite a bit different than it was in the TV series, but I still wouldn't mind having a comic version with his red, yellow and black color scheme.

Another Ewoks and Droids comic pack idea is to use one of the issues from the Droids/Ewoks crossover storyline. That way fans of Droids and Ewoks could get at least one character from each series. A C-3PO figure could probably be a repaint of the upcoming Clone Wars figure, but it would be best if R2 were a new sculpt. For Ewoks maybe a semi-animated look could work. Realistic would look too different from the comic, but a cartoon look wouldn't fit in very well with the rest of the Hasbro line. But something similar to the style of the Clone Wars figures might work.

While the Droids comics only carry over a few characters from the TV series, they do have Tig Fromm and Vlix in issue 2! How about a remake of the rarest vintage figure of all time?

Unlike Droids, the Ewoks comics do include a lot of popular characters from the TV series like Princess Kneesaa, Morag and the Duloks, not to mention most of the ewoks from the show.

I think it's time for Hasbro to throw a bone to fans of the original Star Wars TV shows, and hopefully comic packs could be a way. To each his own of course, but at least for me, these are number one on my comic pack want list!

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »
No Q&A from Hasbro this week?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
Unfortunately, due to the restructure of the site, along with very little participation in our discussions at the time, I did not have 3 questions to submit for that round.  However, we will be sending in for the next round, and James, one of yours is #1 on my list!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »
How about mine? :P ;)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 05:17:16 AM »
I'm willing to bet you see one of yours in the near future as well, you always submit good questions!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 04:38:32 AM »
Sweet, thanks! ;D

New Question,

Any chance of us ever getting the Ultra Battle Droid?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:40:12 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 05:29:36 AM »
Woah, I've never seen him before, but I like him! Which comic was he in?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »
It's from one of the Clone Wars Adventures comics, Volume 1.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
Dear Hasbro;
  I remember really liking the more realistic line of clone wars figures that were produced back when the first season on cartoon network came out. Is there any chance of seeing a more realistic version of any of the new clone wars figures? Some realistic sculpts of the new versions of the clones like Cody, Gree, Rex, etc. would make for a great battle pack or evolutions set. It would be great for those of us who shoot to collect one of every clone.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »
Good to be back guys   Va1

Dear Hasbro,

Although you have said you highly doubt Xandel Carivus Bodyguards seeing plastic, I was interested in your reply to a question on rebelscum that said,

"We feel the Crimson Empire storyline and its sequel, Crimson Empire II, written by Mike Richardson and Randy Stradley, is an exceptional, lasting storyline worthy of attention. CE not only tells a great "origin" story for the Royal Guards, explaining why they are supremely skilled and unfailingly loyal to the Emperor, but also introduces important and
memorable characters in Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, and Mirrith Sinn."

So my question is can we continue to see more figures from the Crimson Empire series, and if so will I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel to see Xandel's Bodyguards made?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »
Welcome Back, Schraith! great question!

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »
THX Clonehead  ;D
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
Will we see the AOTC full helmeted pilot from the evolutions set released as a basic figure, perhaps in the legends or Greatest Hits line in the future? If so, will it be the same paint application or can we get some in the yellow AOTC movie version too? Heck, can you imagine a battlepack with four different pilots with paint apps or a full squadron of pilots in the same colors? I would buy a few of em thats for sure! I am gonna need some pilots to put in the new arc 170 and gunship you have coming out!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
You have "hinted" that if the AT-TE and the BMF were a sucess that you may have plans for another "supersizing". If my stores are any indication, these big ships are a sure hit and only a few are left on the shelves. I know I bought mine! That being said, would it now be possible to get some more information as to the identity of the new supersized ship? Perhaps a picture of said ship? If its not possible now, when possibly would hasbro release the identity of this new big ship?