Author Topic: Jabba's Sail Barge  (Read 23842 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jabba's Sail Barge
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 06:31:35 AM »
I was out sick for most of the weekend, but here is the latest I have. Wow!
I was down and out yesterday being sick (on St. Patrick's Day no less) and am just now getting my online bearings again. I have a few things to share about the Barge!

1. Dark Side Toys will order and ship the Barge to international customers. Click here to find out more about that.

2. I looks like the Barge is almost to 2,800 Backers!

3. Last and this is just a hint, but if you show up in the afternoon on Thursday 3-22 you might just find out some other exclusive reveals on this bad boy!

It looks to be a fun Barge Week!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2018, 02:24:42 AM »

Going back up!

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 06:17:27 AM »
Entertainment Weekly gives us a look at the painted prototype for Jabba's Sail Barge from HasLabs!

http://ew.com/movies/star-wars-jabba-sail-barge-toy-photos-hasbro/amp/
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 07:29:51 AM »
Thats cool, did everyone see this at that link?

"Yak Face, my old friend

As mentioned earlier, the sail barge set and collectors booklet will also come with a new edition of Yak Face, a.k.a. the alien grifter Saelt-Marae. Yak Face was the last Star Wars toy produced with the line in 1985, and the brand had faded so much by then that it was only distributed overseas, making this figure one of the most valuable items for collectors.

Yak Face, reborn

This figure is from Hasbro's Vintage Collection, and will be packaged with an exclusive Power of the Force card, complete with accessories and a collectible coin."

Now that is awesome. 13 days left and we are not at 3,000 yet! ::)

https://www.hasbrolab.com/

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:32:57 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »
Even more Barge News:

From Hasbro:

"Hi Shawn,

Just 13 more days to back Hasbro’s first HASLAB item, JABBA’S SAIL BARGE (THE KHETANNA) and we have even more exciting new assets and announcements to share! You can now watch the entire Barge come to life with a detailed timelapse video and fully decoed images. In addition, just announced this morning on Entertainment Weekly, an exclusive 3.75” Yakface figure from The Vintage Collection will be included with the Barge. This figure will come in exclusive Power of the Force card back packaging and have an exclusive coin, paying homage to its original release in 1985.

As a reminder, HASLAB is Hasbro’s new platform that hopes to put dream products into the hands of fans. Measuring approximately 4ft long, this large scale, highly detailed item features premium deco and vintage packaging. An incredible addition to any collection, Jabba’s Sail Barge comes complete with exquisitely-detailed and fan accessible interior/exterior decks, a Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure, two soft-cloth fabric sails, and other realistic features that mimic one of the most notorious vehicles in the Star Wars universe.

Visit Hasbro.com/HasLab to find out more information and pre-order your JABBA’S SAIL BARGE (THE KHETANNA) today before it’s too late. #BackTheBarge

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:25:02 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 01:13:18 PM »
Well I am allowed to share this (under embargo until now), but I was invited last week to take part today with a select few to interview Hasbro and the Star Wars Brand Team (Joe Ninivaggi, Steve Evans, and Mark Boudreaux) about this great offering. I will try to do a better job later, but here a basic synopsis of what information I was able to get from the Hangout.

1. If this succeeds they are already thinking about other large vehicles (The Ghost came up) and any Star Wars Movie is fair game (not just Original Trilogy). They also opened this up to multiple scales and sizes of items (not just huge offerings or items at high price points) and I made sure to be specific to ask about playsets. THEY SAID PLAYSETS WERE DEFINITELY AN OPTION!

2. If this does succeed they are definitely thinking about offering figures in subsequent vintage waves to help outfit this behemoth. They didn't necessarily think it would be entirely themed ROTJ Waves, but they did say they were eager to create new characters that haven't seen figure treatment before!

3. I did ask the question about if we did not meet the deadline would this mean our chance was over and they said they did not have a plan for that. We all reiterated (myself and the other fan sites) that there was still plenty of time to see this achieved and the team said they thought there would definitely be a surge as we get closer to the date. When I asked what if we get to 4,999 and the time was up what would we do and Mark said, "I will buy a couple more". I thought that was fantastic. It kind of led me to believe if we get closer we are definitely gonna see this.

4. They also said that whether this particular offering succeeds or not there would definitely be more Hasbro Lab Initiatives to try and get some of those fan demanded items out into circulation. They are definitely not making HasLab a one shot wonder.

5. It was also interesting to hear them debate whether or not to seal the box on this so we could get the Yakface out. The fan sites weren't much help as we were pretty much split fifty fifty on that.

6. Speaking of the box Mark did bring up the shipping box and talked about how this would definitely be shipped well. I am not saying damages may not happen (like my postal workers for example), but Hasbro is definitely trying to get this to us in pristine boxed shape. The MOMC Collector in me smiled at that.

7. Another good question was asked about how much of this we will have to put together. Mark answer that the overall hull will pretty much be full built, but we would need to put together the sails and a few of the pop out pieces, cannons, etc.

8. Mark also went into detail about the design aspects and how they had to agree on the type of wood, metal, etc. they were going to fabricate in plastic to make sure this was as close to authentic as it could get. Starting in September they spent hundreds of hours just on the design phase including going into the original designs at Lucasfilm to make sure they were as authentic as possible. What I also like was that Lucasfilm was also very much hands on with the interior design (something Mark had to create some of himself). The attention they paid to this was just incredible folks.

9. Another site asked about how they came up with the Khetanna for the first big initiative like this and Steve said it wasn't too hard a decision as folks have been grilling for this for years. He noted there were a lot of other items to choose from, but this was pretty much a no brainer. I for one didn't disagree a bit. It was also interesting to note here that he brought up a few other iconic vehicles and while I don't remember them all I do remember him mentioning the new AT-M6 (Heavy Assault Walker from TLJ).

We were then given an up close and personal tour through this and I found out a few other things:
-there is a trapdoor at the top into the prison (where the Ithorian is located)
-they are designing the rails, etc. so that existing figures with accessories will work
-they purposely did not include figure pegs so you can position your figures wherever you want
-they made the back section a little bigger so the new Yakface can stand up
-the sails can be removed if you would like
-ports do open up at many places for the full hull
-Jabba's dais does move a bit
-the two smaller upper cannons that come with this do move and are removeable
-they also designed this with the idea the folks may want to add their own lights (nice!)

I tried to take decent notes, but I am sure I may have missed a bit, but hopefully that gets you even more excited for this. It was just great fun having the team there to really show this off and answer our questions. They were very gracious and open. I will definitely think on this on my drive home and see if there is anything I missed.

Some images I will also be posting on Facebook (we were allowed to do screen snips for the interview, high res to follow):

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:04:24 PM by Tamer »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
I'm seriously considering a second barge right now, and I don't think that is healthy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2018, 02:43:41 AM »
I'm seriously considering a second barge right now, and I don't think that is healthy.

Me too. I am going to be seriously disappointed if we don't get this now. Part of me wishes I hadn't seen it up so close and personal.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2018, 02:45:47 AM »
Look at this surge in the numbers!

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
Thanks Tamer!  Always love your team's QnA's and roundups.

0/

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2018, 03:27:46 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS!! Shawn, I really enjoyed reading this long text of awesome news!!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
Thanks Tamer!  Always love your team's QnA's and roundups.

0/

Thanks CHEWIE. I knew you would like that playset question.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS!! Shawn, I really enjoyed reading this long text of awesome news!!

- Philipp

You are quite welcome too Philipp. I hope you get the chance to order one of these.

And on that note folks look where we are at with 10 days to go!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 05:09:00 AM »
9 days left. Think its gonna be down to the wire!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2018, 02:15:54 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Look what just went on sale in time to outfit your sail barge. Only $26!

"I got many messages today that EE has dropped the droids down to $26 with free shipping on combined orders. Makes perfect sense to me to get a few to outfit your Barge!