Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24243 times)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2023, 08:04:58 AM »
Now that I have carefully reread the announcement you may be right Tamer.
The last half of that advertisement does indicate we will be watching the 1st
episode of season 1.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2023, 03:49:52 AM »
Yeah, I assume its just PR stunt to try and get people hooked so more buy Disney plus. I don't think the new season is gonna start till March.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2023, 01:21:23 PM »
The Super Bowl brings us great entertainment with a 30 second teaser trailer with titbits of new footage:

Ready | The Mandalorian | Disney+
double-click for full screen view

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2023, 03:41:53 AM »
I watched the superbowl and didn't see this, must have missed it. Man I can't wait for this eason to start. Getting closer now. Can you feel it echoing?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2023, 04:05:33 AM »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2023, 12:20:18 AM »
There's something about this show how each season has been better than the last. But somehow, also watches the same way a video game plays.

Very cool seeing Mandalorian culture at play. And I guess the young Boba Fett lookalike was Paz Vizla's son...?

The space gator fight was interesting.

Greef Karga and Navarro have come a long, long way. The IG statute was a cool tribute, sad that he reverted to his guild programming. Doubt it's the last we've seen of him.

BABU FRIK!  0// These little dudes were hilarious. And so was Grogu's interaction with them.

The space pirate battle was awesome. That pirate frigate oozes cool.

Bo Katan is back to her bitchy ways it would seem.

So Mando has a lot going on.

Main objectives:
1) Regain the way of Manda'lor.
2) Bathe in waters of Mandalore.

Side Quests:
1) Revive IG.
2) Find missing IG part.

Optional quests:
1) Kill the space pirate.

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2023, 07:17:57 AM »
It was good. I liked the Pirates. The Nikto pirate Vane was probably named after Charles Vane, who was an actual real pirate. If you watched Black Sails youd know he was pretty badass.
I like the Anzellans. If Hasbro doesn't make them in tvc all is lost.
The only problem I have is IG-11. he self destruct. The whole point of self destructing is so he can't be brought back. The detonator was right in the middle of what they salvaged. Even if he didn't blow up into a million pieces, he would be on the bottom of a lava river. Nobody dies in star wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2023, 08:01:47 AM »
Yep, loved it! I don't know there is something about this series that just nails every single thing I think Star Wars is for me. Loved seeing those Mandos take flight to charge that alligator or whatever that thing was. So cool seeing DJinn save the day with his space muscle car. I am trying not to like it though because as soon as I do up it blows!

Seeing all the new droids was fantastic. What was that droid on Bo's landing pad. I see so much diversity Hasbro could make new TVC from. I mean couldn't you see a Monkey Lizard variety pack! Good to see Greef and Djinn mix it up a bit. We even got a space fight!

It seemed this was over in five minutes. They just know how to do this. If they ever get rid of Faveraux I am gonna be pi$$ed.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
Yep, loved it! I don't know there is something about this series that just nails every single thing I think Star Wars is for me. Loved seeing those Mandos take flight to charge that alligator or whatever that thing was. So cool seeing DJinn save the day with his space muscle car. I am trying not to like it though because as soon as I do up it blows!

WHAT A GREAT OPENING EPISODE!!!!
Mando hasn't disappointed in the first two seasons and I don't believe season three will disappoint in any way shape or form.
That's why Tamer, you don't need to have any concerns. This Star Wars show will not blow up.
The opening was incredible. The ritual of a child becoming and committing to the Mandalorian philosophy of life was masterful. Then the way all of the Mandalorians fight as a force of one to defeat the giant Crocosaur demonstrates how victory is achieved through unity.
The rest of this episode speaks for itself. This is Star Wars as it is meant to be.
Favreau and Filoni are on top of their game with The Mandalorian.
I still can't help but think that George is influencing from behind the curtain.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:08:09 AM by DarthHawk »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2023, 09:10:26 AM »
Quick question...
Is the Pirate King/Captain/Leader actually an homage being paid to Mel Brooks?

Seeweed the Hutt????

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2023, 03:46:24 AM »
Ron, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear ole George is still putting in his bits, here and there.

And that Mel Brooks Swamp Thing is probably spot on too.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2023, 11:28:02 AM »
Alamites, Mythosaur, and Mandalorians, Oh my!

This may very well be the last of its kind. It's amazing that mythosaur has been nesting undisturbed for probably generations. Bo Katan certainly had no knowledge of it and had been in the mines and waters themselves. I guess Kuiil's prophecy is coming full circle, "your ancestors rode the might mythosaur..."

I need some closure on what the HECK the biodroid spider thing was. Any ideas? I'm gonna Wookieepedia research it...
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2023, 05:08:34 AM »
It was so cool to see Mandalore. I feel like we had a Time Machine / Lost in Space episode moments there with some crossover characters. I am really enjoying it. How come I like this in the Mandalorian but it bugs the snot out of me with other shows. And seeing that Mythrosaur at the end. I cannot wait to see if they try to rebuild the planet. You gotta think Djin will go back to the Clan and tell them and maybe we will see Grogu start his Mando journey. Just good stuff. I am really liking who they cast as Bo Katan too. She is a natural for that role as I see her.

I kept waiting for them to stab that robot thingy through the eye. I kept waiting for it to pop out out of all the mechancial stuff and try to kill one of em. I guess it was a cyborg of some sort.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2023, 05:36:41 AM »
It was so cool to see Mandalore. I feel like we had a Time Machine / Lost in Space episode moments there with some crossover characters. I am really enjoying it. How come I like this in the Mandalorian but it bugs the snot out of me with other shows. And seeing that Mythrosaur at the end. I cannot wait to see if they try to rebuild the planet. You gotta think Djin will go back to the Clan and tell them and maybe we will see Grogu start his Mando journey. Just good stuff. I am really liking who they cast as Bo Katan too. She is a natural for that role as I see her.

I kept waiting for them to stab that robot thingy through the eye. I kept waiting for it to pop out out of all the mechancial stuff and try to kill one of em. I guess it was a cyborg of some sort.

Katee Sackhoff has had a lot of great roles in television series; from Star Wars The Clone Wars (voice of Bo Katan), Battlestar Galactica reboot (Starbuck), and Deputy Moretti in Longmire. She does a great job of nailing Bo Katan's snotty 'better than you' attitude.

I have so many questions about this last episode. ..

Why did the Mandalorians not know about the Mythosaur? I know they are supposed to be extinct.

Grogu is learning the way. It's good to slowly see him come into his own. Will his force powers restrict him from being Mandalorian...? So many questions.

How will Mando prove he went into the waters of Mandalore? Will he tame and ride the mythosaur? If he does he will be the most prominent Mandalorian in thousands of years.

Mando lost the dark Saber in combat to the spider cyborg. He was disarmed. Bo Katan used it to kill the spider droid... how does she not lay claim to it by defeating the opponent who defeated Mando?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2023, 05:59:04 AM »
Well I echo your questions about the dark saber. I mean she was able to easily wield it. I think I remember seeing him put it back on when he was sorta getting dressed after she rescued him. I am not sure it can be relinquinshed other than direct combat though. I am a little fuzzy with this dark saber thing. Good question though. I think we can all see she gets it back. I am not sure Djinn is ready to lead the whole thing yet?