Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24095 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:48:53 AM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2023, 10:18:17 AM »
I love The Hu. Great music. Their stuff debuted in Fallen Order. It does sound very... Star Wars-y.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
It would appear my question on Din being rescued by Bo Katan on Mandalore was rightfully answered. 👀
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2023, 06:14:20 PM »
I hope the future episodes get better. The show has been good so far but it just doesn't seem to me to be up to the same
level as the first two seasons.
Of course the absence of one of the main female characters is very noticeable.
Now that B K has the saber and hopefully the reunification begins we should see a lot of action as the planet Mandalore
is taken back by the Mando's.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2023, 09:34:32 PM »
I don't like how its become the Bo Katan show. She got the Darksaber again out of a technicality. To me Din was the rightful owner of the Darksaber. He was the reluctant leader. Sometimes, like what Bail Organa Told Liea in The Obi wan show, she would be a great leader because she hated the politics. Same with Din.  I feel like Bo Katan had her shot, and failed.  BO is the "establishment". Even her own kind left her. She will have to face Miff Gideon again and , for her sake better win. 
But who cares about the main character of the show?
 Which brings me to the Filoni movie prospect.  its not about bringing the shows and cartoons together, it's about patching up JJ Abrhams  story into the Filoniverse. Honestly I feel like Filoni has too much investment into his characters and whether peolpe like them or not. Going back in time and creating a whole new aspect of the Force just to bring Ahsoka back to life is cheap. After everything ahsoka and Anakin went through, having them duel each other and obviously, Ahsoka losing. Instead of that being an impact full end to her story, they invented Time travel and brought her back instead of bringing a new character to fill the space.  That's what the "fans" want. Until it happens, then it's all wrong.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 09:59:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2023, 06:46:56 AM »
I wouldn't be telling the truth if I wasn't asking if this was the Mandalorian, not the Bo Katan show!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2023, 02:25:21 AM »
Ho-lee-sheeeet.

That episode. There's so much to unpack with what happened. I don't know where to start.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2023, 02:52:59 AM »
Yep, kinda feel that way about the last two episodes. I have to admit I felt it kind of resolved itself a little too quickly for me, but damn that Mando jet pack fighting is legit the coolest fight scene stuff I have ever seen.

I also kept waiting to see the creed Mandos take off their buckets. The more I think on that the more I think there is no way a person could live like that (helmet on all the damn time). Gonna miss Vizla. It will be interesting to see where they take the storyline with his son.

It is just me or does that newly lit forge need to make some small Beskar for Din Grogu! Loved seeing that last fight scene where they all worked together. Loved seeing the Mythrosaur again too. Hopefully that becomes a bigger thing when perhaps a bigger enemy comes after Mandalore. Ole Thrawn is gonna get his butt kicked by that beasty and I Mando rider.

I am still  not sure Djin doesn't end up in charge. I like Bo, but think she has had her spotlight. I mean the show is called the Mandalorian. I had some nit picks, but definitely not enough to say I didn't love this new season. Daggone I am sad its over. I could definitely have seen those last two episodes turn into four real easy. Heck or seen em set up a movie to finalize everything. Sure does make me wonder about that new Mando movie now.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2023, 08:43:36 AM »
Pretty darn good season finale. Answered some questions and and left a lot more up in the air.
I agree with Tamer, the jetpack fighting was awesome. Finally got to see the Mando's in their element.
Lord knows they have sucked as  ground fighters up to this point.

YES YES YES. NO NO NO. WE HAVE FINALLY BROKEN THROUGH THE GROGU SPEACH BARRIER!!!

How well did Gideon's armor shield him from the blast furnace level temps as he was engulfed in fire?
Did he really melt away into oblivion or will he return to either oppose or join Grand Admiral Thrawn?

Mando's new bounty hunter agreement with the New Republic opens up some interesting possibilities
for the upcoming battle with Thrawn.

One question: How is it that the mando jet packs ran out of fuel after flying for a few miles in pursuit of
the giant bird but never run out during a prolonged battle against Gideon's armored commando's??
Was there an inflight refueling ship that we didn't see?

The future of this show should be interesting even though it appears that we will be waiting and waiting
and waiting for what comes next.

Oh, one more thing. I was really disappointed we didn't get to see the rise of the Mythasaur.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2023, 06:10:24 AM »
Oh you know were are gonna see that Mythrosaur in action before the series is over.

I am still thinking Djin becomes the new Mandalore before the series is over after they kill of Bo-Katan.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
I hope Season 4 goes back to the roots where Season 1 started and let us feel this magic, again.

The Mandalorian Season 3 Pitch Meeting
double-click for full screen view

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2023, 02:54:47 AM »
Yeah it might be nice to just have a Grogu and Djinn father and son show for a year. Nothing earth shattering or saving planets, just getting along and having fun with their buds.