Author Topic: 2014 Joint Customizing Challenge  (Read 33776 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 2014 Joint Customizing Challenge
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 02:25:05 AM »
Great idea for a REBELS Character Darth Crassus! I like the looks of him. I am gonna use him for a front page reminder about the contest today!

I do agree about the lack of force users. Seeing some of the main characters already donning lightsabers bothers me a bit. I mean, wouldn't they be trying to lay low? I am also having a hard time thinking Vader wouldn't have personally gone after any Force User found. For now I am thinking the Inquisitor is kinda like a scout and when he finds one he calls in Vader.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »
Great idea for a REBELS Character Darth Crassus! I like the looks of him. I am gonna use him for a front page reminder about the contest today!

I do agree about the lack of force users. Seeing some of the main characters already donning lightsabers bothers me a bit. I mean, wouldn't they be trying to lay low? I am also having a hard time thinking Vader wouldn't have personally gone after any Force User found. For now I am thinking the Inquisitor is kinda like a scout and when he finds one he calls in Vader.

Thanks!

I agree. I'm a big Force Unleashed fan, but I think in that game they did a good job making it appear the Jedi were in hiding or on the run. I hope Rebels handles the situation well - I guess we'll see.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
Very cool looking character! Great idea for a mechanic.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »
I decided to remake a character that I'd love to see in the Rebels cartoon - Mother Talzin, aka The Great Mother, from Season 6 of the Clone Wars.  I used the head from a previous Talzin custom, that was an Episode 7 concept.  This custom sports an all new design, based mostly off the CW series, but with a few alterations to make it my own.  I wanted to capture the power and elegance of this pivotal character.  I even made a custom dark magick saber for her:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2014, 04:56:39 AM »
darth sidious, that is one fantastic looking Talzin. I too am hoping perhaps we might see a little bit of our favorite TCW Characters show up on REBELS. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities for her to show up. She seems pretty timeless to me. I would also love to see the questions of Captain Rex and Ahsoka answered with this series too. Off to share this to the front page.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »
This custom sports an all new design, based mostly off the CW series, but with a few alterations to make it my own.   I even made a custom dark magick saber for her:

The saber is nice, and the paint apps are really good, BUT THE SOFT GOODS ARE AMAZING !
I'd love to see the process involved in that.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 06:32:31 AM »
Thanks guys, I did put more time and effort into the softgoods, I didn't snap any photos of the process though.  They required a steady hand and some equally precise cuts.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
Great design on her getup! She looks good.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
Imperial Engineer - My fan-fiction take on some sort of Imperial for the upcoming series

head - POTF2 Spacetrooper
belt/holsters - TVC Captain Fordo
rest - TVC Kmart AT-ST Driver

He almost looks like a no-paint kit bash.  But the whole body and head were repainted.  I guess the body could use a bit of a wash...

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:36 AM »
Looks great CHEWIE. I had a similar idear to go after the AT-DP Driver in this fashion if I can figure out how to cobble together the Veers helmet with the Driver or Stormy Faceplate. That Spacetrooper buckets might just fit the bill better.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
Great design on her getup! She looks good.

Thanks - this site and yakface have certainly inspired me to stay more active in customizing.

Offline PrimitiveTodd

• Ensign
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »
Very nice Imp. Engineer!

Offline dobiwan

• Ensign
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »
Here is my custom Zeb & Kanan custom figure entry, hope you like it guys!!

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
Those look great - much better than what Hasbro has on the way...

Just uploaded my entry to Yakface - time to show them off here as well...

Here's my entry. It's a bounty hunter, Malarc Synter, who is currently working for the Empire and his trusted protocol droid, HD-M1 (who was named by my daughter after we ran to the store to buy an hdmi cable...). Malarc was a highly efficient sniper in a small outer rim militia until he was seriously injured in an explosion, leaving him scarred over 90% of his body.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 05:59:19 AM »
Wow, great entries Dobiwan and My Kind of Scum. I love the aliens you have used to create these characters. You guys are making action figures we would have all bought has Hasbro not predoomed the line with their 5 POA nonsense. Thank you both for sharing. Off to share Dobi's and MKOS I will definitely use your entry for a front page reminder before this is done too.