Author Topic: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!  (Read 31204 times)

Offline ServO

• Cadet
Re: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 03:42:31 AM »
Oooooh! VERY cool!
Just ask anyone...I LOVE me some cyborg legs!
I really like this figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:52 AM »
Wow, two more great entries.

Nuthin But Bits welcome to ISY! What a great creation. She has that Pan look to me. BTW, incoming pm with where to put your custom figures pictures.

I-am-Boba-Fett very nice. We can't wait to see your recipe and your description of how this all went together. I had forgotten about that particular version of Luke. Off for another front page share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
welcome to the yards Nuthin But Bits !!! a really cool creation look forward to seeing more

Offline Nuthin But Bits!

• Much to Learn, I Still Have!
  • Cadet
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »
cool thanks guys. Im glad u dig it.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »

I-am-Boba-Fett very nice. We can't wait to see your recipe and your description of how this all went together. I had forgotten about that particular version of Luke. Off for another front page share.

Thanks Tamer for the compliment and the front page highlight once again! The breakdown for this Luke is now posted above its pictures on the previous page. I just noticed too, I made Commander=AWESOME!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:20:56 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Great work so far everybody! Here is my no paint kit bash custom figure. This is LUKE SKYWALKER from the Star Wars movie promo pictures. A simple boil n pop job. Here is the breakdown: Head-Luke Skywalker in imperial disguise from comic pack. Torso,hips,legs,lightsaber,hands-Yavin ceremony Luke. Arms-Juno Eclipse (I used these because Luke is not a big dude. These arms fit well into the torso without giving Luke very broad shoulders).

Well, gives a whole new meaning to the insult that a guy has "girl arms"  >:D

Neat idea for a figure. I'm curious, did you try the ROTJ Luke arms? Do those fit?

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »
Great work so far everybody! Here is my no paint kit bash custom figure. This is LUKE SKYWALKER from the Star Wars movie promo pictures. A simple boil n pop job. Here is the breakdown: Head-Luke Skywalker in imperial disguise from comic pack. Torso,hips,legs,lightsaber,hands-Yavin ceremony Luke. Arms-Juno Eclipse (I used these because Luke is not a big dude. These arms fit well into the torso without giving Luke very broad shoulders).

Well, gives a whole new meaning to the insult that a guy has "girl arms"  >:D

Neat idea for a figure. I'm curious, did you try the ROTJ Luke arms? Do those fit?

LOL, good one Darth Crassus!  ;D

Tried the ROTJ Luke arms and other ones too. All of them, the ball joint of the upper arms stuck out too far giving Luke very broad shoulders. The Juno Eclipse arms looked the very best to me so I went with them. Plus they were already black in color so no painting needed which worked out great for my entry in this contest.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2014, 04:26:04 AM »
Nuthun But Bits your custom was used for our front page update of the day!

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »
That cyborg alien is great!  Love the concept.

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
R2-WTF

I got the B.A.D. head from the legacy Jawa and security droid set I wanted, but didn't want to collect the whole series to complete a droid. So I decided to give him a weapons upgrade. He is mainly put together with superglue and prayer. He does have articulation, but due to the sheer weight of the figure, his stances are limited. His outer arms can move up and down, but the joint failed years ago (a problem with McFarlane Toys) and so the swivel had to be glued. All of the inner arms can move, but I had to do some serious joint tightening via glue friction (again due to weight). I dremmeled the seat and figure off the APU, but the rest were broken parts and accessories I had around. I apologize that there are a few of the smaller weapons that I have no idea what they are from. It will only let me post two pictures at a time, I will post the next right under this one. Ok, get comfortable. The parts list takes a while:

Main Body: McFarlane Matrix APU
Backpack: McFarlane Pilot Spawn jetpack, Transformers Voyager Stratosphere wings
Buttpack: C.O.P.S. “The Plumber” backpack
Antennae: McFarlane ShadowHawk grappling hook
Left Shoulder Missile Pod: Kenner Aliens Stinger Missile Pod + gun, McFarlane Commando Spawn projectile, unidentified gun part, Star Wars Super Battle Droid gun arm 
Right Shoulder Missile Pod: McFarlane Matrix Sentinel diorama base tentacle, McFarlane Alien Spawn mine weapon, Unidentified black penlight, Terminator Salvation A-10 Warthog Missiles, Tentacles from McDonald’s Incredibles Syndrome
Outer Right Arm Add-on’s: McFarlane Clown II shoulder guns, Star Wars 12 Inch IG-88 gun
Outer Left Arm Add-on’s: McFarlane Clown II shoulder guns, McFarlane Shadow Hawk gun
Upper Middle Guns: McFarlane Matrix APU control levers, McFarlane Unidentified Spawn figure guns
Inner Missile Pods: Super Gobot Psycho legs, McFarlane Badrock shoulder pods + missiles
Torso Support: Kenner Aliens Stinger roll cage, Super Gobot Psycho inner head
Mid-Torso Outer Guns: McFarlane Super Patriot gun arms
Head and Neck: McFarlane Matrix APU control stalk, Transformers Leader class Optimus Prime tire, Unknown Star Wars rifles, Star Wars R4-P44 B.A.D. head (tire is the perfect diameter to allow the head to swivel right and left)
Upper Inner Left Arm: Transformers Voyager Stratosphere leg, McFarlane Wetworks Mother-1 cyborg arms, unknown shotgun, He-Man Roboto blaster, Iron Man Mark I flamethrower
Upper Inner Right Arm: Transformers Voyager Stratosphere leg, Commando Spawn shotgun, Terminator Salvation T-600 mini-gun, Transformers Frenzy arm (unknown weapons)
Lower Torso: Transformers Voyager Stratosphere torso and upper arms
Lower Inner Arms: Super Gobot Psycho arms (unknown weapons), Star Wars battle droid arms (unknown weapons)
Crotch: McFarlane Commando Spawn rocket launcher

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
Here are the side views of R2-WTF.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »
whatever that horned thing is...gets my vote!

Offline Nuthin But Bits!

• Much to Learn, I Still Have!
  • Cadet
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
dude this is so cool I made the front page!   "ridiculously happy I am!"  thanks guys I cant believe u guys dig it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2014, 04:23:38 AM »
Wow, Penkayne. That is epic.

Had to use Darth Crassus' great Sith apprentice for today's fp update.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
3 more awesome entries! Love each one, nice work guys!