Author Topic: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!  (Read 31214 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »
Well I turned my frown upside down. I am pretty pleased and have really wanted a super-articulated General Veers in AT-AT Commander Outfit

recipe: Saga 2 Collection General Veers and Vintage Collection AT-AT Commander

Well I started thinking this was probably gonna be a simple head swap with Veers going on that AT-AT Commander, but after noticing some head issues I decided I would use the Veers torso and pop all the super arty stuff onto it. Well the stuff popped on, but wasn't very flattering in the butt and arm area (arms just hung limp) so it was back to the drawing board. I was a bit ticked at this point thinking I had ruined two pretty decent figures. So back to the drawing board today I started from the legs up using that AT-AT Commander legs and hips, then using the Saga 2 lower torso as I liked the holster size on it (that AT-AT Commander's is huge!) which meant I had to cut up the middle armor piece on the Commander set as the Saga 2 version didn't have any version of this (just used a small dollup of hot glue in case I ever wanted to use him with his armor off) and that worked good. Next the hard part was getting the lower torso into the upper torso as the holster lower torso was just a smidgin thick. I trimmed a bit of the peg and after some superhuman feats of strength was finally able to get it into the upper torso. Then, it was pretty much just a matter of drilling out a small bit of the Saga 2 Veers head to get it to set low enough on the AT-AT Commander head socket so he didn't look like he had a case of giraffe neck. I made sure to use a smaller bit than what was in the head already so it fit the smaller AT-AT Commander's head socket pretty well. I didn't have to drill out much even though I thought I would. Then, all I had to do was fight with the googles on the AT-AT Commander helmet (it fits pretty nice over the Veers head  I found out even with the cap on). BTW, upon messing just a bit with those googles I did see they loosened up and will probably be easy to manipulate down the road, but it was frustrating at first. Anyhow here he is:

The Shield will be down in moments, you may begin your landing!

I also found out his body has much more balance as a result of this build and stands better than he did in either version. I could see Hasbro doing this kit-bash and selling a ton of these.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:26:38 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
Bill, I just saw those on Facebook and commented there too, but I think these combinations are great!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »
Love that Veers Tamer. You're turning into a customizer. Just one little note, the left arm is twisted backwards. ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 03:07:12 AM »
Love that Veers Tamer. You're turning into a customizer. Just one little note, the left arm is twisted backwards. ;)

whoops, probably ought to change that! LOL, I think I was just so happy to get him together (that torso was just hard) I was in a daze. And thanks for your comments Tom, but I am not quitting my day job. I seriously think Hasbro would have a hit on their hands if they combined pieces of the Saga 2 Veers and the Vintage AT-AT Commander into one SA version. Kind of like DD did on that great Vader there are some bashes that just look so good right out of the box and there would be no cost for tooling as everything is already there. Ok, note for the day, take pics with the shoulder in the right place. UPDATE: new pics added.

Time to also update the front page with one of Darth Stream's great offerings too. I think that Badlands Chewie is just fantastic. It reminds me of what a WOW Wookie Necromancer would look like.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:27:54 AM by Tamer »

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and lower everyone's expectations, so that tomorrow's entry will look cooler by comparison. The body came in a bulk ebay purchase with its head missing. I did what I had to do.

Star Wars Destroyer Droid, Transformers Voyager Stratosphere head. I superglued it. That's about it.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
Hello Gang !! I really like all the entries so far especially Penkayne's transformers  Outstanding !  I didn't think i was going to be able to enter this contest , since at the time i had no figure in mind to kit bash. Then Saturday it came to me . I have been planning an update to Momaw Nadon  or (Hammerhead) which he will always be in my book lol  for a while  .  Now for the record i always liked the saga 2 version of hammerhead (and still do)  but when we were introduce to articulated figures in the line  well i got spoiled like a lot of us did. so i got myself another saga 2 Hammerhead  and started to think what figure would go good to make a really good articulated figure .  I thought that the vintage collection Gungan warrior was the perfect choice to kit bash so what happened here  was a lot of cutting and dermel work i popped the legs off the waist of hammerhead and replaced them with the legs of the gungan .  then from the saga 2 figure i cut from the knees down and glued them to the legs of the gungan figure. the legs now are articulated . i did the same for the arms . i left the shoulders on hammerhead but cut from the bicepts down to the forearm on the saga 2 figure .then took the hands from the saga 2 figure and again glued the wrists back on to the gungan arms .Articulated arms . once the contest is over i plan on giving him the correct color pants and fine tuning this figure . But imo i think this is an even better figure  now. Enjoy  got some other figures coming in the next few days . Good luck to everybody......

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:47:55 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Darth Bandon
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 01:56:23 AM »
Here's my entry. Darth Bandon, Darth Malak's Sith Apprentice from KOTOR.

Darth Bandon

The recipe is:

TVC Starkiller torso, arms, legs, chest armor, belt
Darth Vader skirt
mid-length plastic skirt cut off Revan cloak
TVC bald Endor Rebel trooper head
Sidious lightsaber
No idea about those hands

Since this is a no-paint contest, I've entered him as is, but I might make a small touch up later to paint over the Imperial insignias on his arms (that's why I've raised his arms in this photo). Still, even after doing that, it'll be a pretty minimal amount of paint.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 06:39:34 AM »
Wow, great new entries for the contest.

Darth Crassus I like that Sith Apprentice. You really used some great parts for this and it shows in an awesome final piece. Ah, but we so need more Sith Lords and their apprentices in our SW Verse.

Mr. Jedi 1977 what can I say other than wow! I think you have made the ultimate Momaw Nadon! Once again I am reminded how irritated it makes me when I see Hasbro going to 5 POA when you show what a great figure they could have on their hands if they would do something like this. Bravo Sir. I am gonna use this one as our front page update for the day!

Penkayne, we definitely are still reeling from that great Transformer General Lee. You are going to be hard pressed to top that one I think, but this isn't over till Sunday!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »
Tamer thank you so much for the very kind words! I completely agree with you about Hasbro it truely is sickening that instead of moving forward to make a better figure they are cutting corners and moving backwards .  I look at it this way there are a lot of good articulated figures to choose from to make a better figure if hasbro goes back to the basic no articulation .  Btw loved the general veers fig that's what one of my future projects was going to be I may have to use that recepie ... All the best

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 07:26:29 AM »
Btw loved the general veers fig that's what one of my future projects was going to be I may have to use that recepie ... All the best

I would love to see what you could create for a Veers!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »
Oh man some really awesome customs rolling in by the boat load! Brian, love that SA Vader, such a great figure now! Tamer, loving that Veers! It sucks that hasbro can't figure out things like you and Brian just did. Tom. I love that group you created, great parts choices! Why Mr. Jedi, that is a beautiful Hammerhead you have there! Great idea using the SA Gungan for his articulation! I love it!  Darth Crasus, love that Sith! Must be nice to have an extra Starkiller Pilot! LOL!

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 08:16:20 AM »
Darth Crasus, love that Sith! Must be nice to have an extra Starkiller Pilot! LOL!

Thanks. I needed the head for another custom, so I got a used one for cheap. The body has been lying around for a while until now.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
Btw loved the general veers fig that's what one of my future projects was going to be I may have to use that recipe ... All the best

I would love to see what you could create for a Veers

Thank you again for that but i honestly do not think i can do any better then your Creation its spot on !!!

and thank you  kindly Spry for the feed back as well it  means alot
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:15:04 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 08:51:44 PM »
Great work so far everybody! Here is my no paint kit bash custom figure. This is LUKE SKYWALKER from the Star Wars movie promo pictures. A simple boil n pop job. Here is the breakdown: Head-Luke Skywalker in imperial disguise from comic pack. Torso,hips,legs,lightsaber,hands-Yavin ceremony Luke. Arms-Juno Eclipse (I used these because Luke is not a big dude. These arms fit well into the torso without giving Luke very broad shoulders). Enjoy!  ;D

More pics of this figure can be seen in my thread here
: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3778.360
[/color]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:22:54 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline Nuthin But Bits!

• Much to Learn, I Still Have!
  • Cadet
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:54 PM »
1. Saesee Tiin horns
2. Asajj Ventress  torso, upper part of skirt, and head
3. Grievous legs and neck piece
4. Kallidahin (Polis Massan) arms
5. The staff is part of the throne from endor for C3PO

So I glued the horns on the head with regular super glue. and cut the bottom half of the skirt with a razor. all the other pieces pretty much snapped together. the neck piece fits real nice and doesn't float around on the shoulders. its a perfect fit. I gave her a cloth skirt from material I had just to give her a more feminine appearance.

Im new here and ive never posted before but I thought this would be a good start. I have some custom figures and dioramas but don't know where I can put em so I can get feed back but I guess that would be for another page. anyways thanks its good to know im not alone I thought I was alone for the longest until I found this site. thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:24:41 AM by Nuthin But Bits! »