Author Topic: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!  (Read 31049 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: No Paint Kit Bash 2014!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
Thanks guys! I think everyone has some great looking iconic customs going on here.

Tamer get that picture of the cup up! I want to see how full it is. At the rate this is going you may have to get a bigger cup.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
Parental Supervision Required.

Take the upper torso of the Episode VI Darth Vader with removable helmet and swap it with the Vintage Darth Vader with the ball jointed hips and call it a day.  I boiled both figures in hot water, and then when the plastic the figures are made of got soft enough, I swapped the torsos.  Figures will be hot and you can definitely burn yourself.  I advise letting the excess water completely drain off the soft goods before attempting to touch the figure even with your oven mitts on.  

I like this project because it takes only a few minutes to create.  Nothing like a quick No Paint Kit Bash to get a super pose-able Vader with the Sebastian Shaw likeness.

"VINTAGE SUPER-ARTICULATED
EPISODE VI DARTH VADER"
created by Darth Daddy

Check out the blog for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/01/vintage-super-articulated-episode-vi.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
Wow, nice one Brian. So I am taking it one of these is the VC93 Vader, what was the other one? I am gonna have to do one of these!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
Wow, nice one Brian. So I am taking it one of these is the VC93 Vader, what was the other one? I am gonna have to do one of these!

Darth Vader ANH VC93 and 2008 Legacy Collection Darth Vader

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:14 PM »

Here is one for you old school Joe fans. It's a modern version of Flint in Cobra Trooper disguise. Retaliation Flint head on 30th Cobra Trooper body.

Here is Legolas as my favorite Jedi. Legolas head on VC Jedi Luke.

Here is Duke also pretending to be Luke Skywalker. Renegades Duke head on ROC C.C. body w/VC Luke hands.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »
Space Marine! Iron Monger body w/Cable head.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
Darth Vader ANH VC93 and 2008 Legacy Collection Darth Vader

I am so creating this one myself. Matter of fact this one has to be today's update.

Clonesniper78 what a great idea for a space marine. Man, I can see so many variations you could do to this too. I wonder if there is a three and three quarter removable helmet in this scale? If not there should be!

Liked that Legolas Jedi too. Just great kit-bashes all around.

I promise to get that picture of the filling up cup today too. Just awesome to see it fill up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
All entries in the cup as of today's date. The cup is halfway filled up already!

Keep em coming folks!

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
The Crossover that should have been. The General Lee as a Transformer. The Star Wars figure is coming soon.

Transformers Voyager "Ice" Megatron and a 1/24 model kit of the General Lee. I dremeled the model and superglued the parts onto Megatron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
The Crossover that should have been. The General Lee as a Transformer. The Star Wars figure is coming soon.

Transformers Voyager "Ice" Megatron and a 1/24 model kit of the General Lee. I dremeled the model and superglued the parts onto Megatron

Dude, that is insanely cool!!!!! I love it!!!! I'm not even a fan of transformers, but I may have to steal this one from you. I bow to this genius work of art!

You MUST do more. Starsky and Hutch's car, B.A. Baracus's van, I'd love to see T.C.'s "Island Hopper" chopper too!

Fracken' genius!

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »
I appreciate your kind words, DarthSinister. Hasbro really missed a chance (I'd love the A-team van as well). Here is the figure that got me started into kit bashing. I had a collection of 1/18 scale cars and one ended up getting destroyed. I also had a broken leader Optimus from a bulk ebay purchase. So I was like let's do this. (I promise the Star Wars figure is coming)

Old School Optimus:

Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Optimus Prime, 1/18th scale 1920's Mercedes, superglue.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 07:30:28 AM »
How cool is that Penkayne! Just insanely awesome! Ok, while I calm and get this on our front page rest assured your first entry is now in the cup. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you show us next.

Please tell me you are thinking about getting other cool cars like this and making more Transformers kiti-bashes! I can see Kitt, the Firebird from Smokey and the Bandit, just so many great cars from the 80s.

And this contest is open to any action figure line; you don't necessarily have to share just Star Wars Customs. We do like em though. ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:32:17 AM by Tamer »

Offline Penkayne

• Cadet
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
Thank you Tamer! All of my bashes are random opportunity based on what I have, but I would love a famous car series in transformer form (hint, hint Hasbro). I am loving all the entries...this is an awesome contest especially for those who are lacking in paint skills like myself.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Tom, I am seeing your Iron Monger and Cable head and think that is such a cool combination. I could see just a ton of variations on this. Have to use if for our front page update of the day.

On my own kit-bashing notes I have been wanting to try and put together the Saga 2 version of Veers and the newer Vintage AT-AT Commander we got when the first vintage line line came out. On my first try of piecing together the torso of the older Veers with the more supery arty stuff from the commander it didn't work out like I thought with the lower torso covering and I may have just buggered up a good figure. Back to the drawing board. I gotta work on something to build up the ball on the head socket that doesn't give him giraffe neck, but will not give him the head droop look too. Results to follow by the due date I hope!

I am really enjoying the entries for this and it is really psyching me up for more custom contests for later in the year. Keep em coming folks.

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
Hey Everybody,

From the badlands of Tatooine, come my no paint kitbash entries. Chewie, Han, Leia and three bounty hunters.
I will be updating the parts list as I figure them out.

Badlands Chewie: chewbacca figure, cape from fimbul the hunter, staff from purgatori 5 inch figure
Badlands Leia: leia head, mara jade body
Badlands Han: han head, upper body from roc snake eyes, roc rex lewis "the doctor" mask, chest piece from star wars sand person

Badlands Arcona bounty hunter: Hem Dazon head, secret apprentice chest piece, body from cad bane
Badlands Clone bounty hunter: Star wars jango fett head, trenchcoat from roc snake eyes w/trenchcoat, upper body from roc ripcord
Badlands Duros bounty hunter: Durosian head, upper body from dollar general cobra trooper, legs from snake eyes w/trenchcoat, gi joe gas mask, jango fett belt, gi joe vest

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:11:33 PM by darthstreams »