Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234247 times)

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/10/15
« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2015, 06:19:18 AM »
Always a fan, Brian.  I love the augmentation on the Rebel 5POAs and Sabine is just gorgeous.  This little GNK is neat too.   I love anything OTC.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
Really like the the nod to the vintage power Droid !

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #617 on: June 08, 2015, 08:34:33 AM »
Thank you.

This was a quick custom made with the head of the Sandstorm Lando, lower arms of Bom Vimdim, and the Lando Calrissian - Smuggler Outfit action figure that Hasbro put out in 2007. The only paint needed was on the neck and lower arms.  We had the parts available so we felt like adding this version of Lando to the collection.

LANDO CALRISSIAN (SMUGGLER'S GARB)
created by Darth Daddy

Check the link for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/06/rotj-lando-calrissian-smugglers-garb.html

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:04:44 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/08/15
« Reply #618 on: June 08, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »
Oooooh weee now you know I love 99.9% of what you and Elias come up with. I really dig this lando. In a couple of days I'm going to have some clone wars figs made up that hasbro never did I'd love for you to shoot on over and check them out they'll be up in two days max. Keep up the excellent work and posts. You and a few other customizers are who actually inspired me to go public with my customs here on the yards. Peace
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #619 on: June 09, 2015, 02:14:06 AM »
Looks like a great version of Lando to me. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #620 on: June 11, 2015, 07:20:13 PM »
Another great work.  Very simple, yet you've pulled off a definitive Smuggler Lando.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2015, 04:50:23 AM »
Very nice indeed ! I  too did this update using the whole arm from the vtc rebel commando and it worked great and no paint was involved. I do like your choice using the lando sand storm head  much better . May just switch the heads around on mine ..

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #622 on: June 13, 2015, 05:52:53 AM »
Thanks!  I figured he'd be an easy custom everyone would enjoy.  I wish I had thought to use the Rebel Commando arms.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/13/15
« Reply #623 on: June 19, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
In anticipation of tomorrow night's Season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels, we performed a quick head swap with the Kanan Jarrus head and the Stormtrooper Commander head to make the version of Kanan that was on display in the Season Two trailer.  We then hollowed out the bucket with our Dremel so he could wear it.  It was a quick custom that helped us thin out our huge pile of Kanan Jarrus action figures that were accumulating around the house.

"KANAN JARRUS
in STORMTROOPER COMMANDER DISGUISE"
created by Darth Daddy

CHECK OUT THE POST FOR MORE PICS AND TRAILER VIDEOS:

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/19/15
« Reply #624 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
Kanan in disguise looks great. I have really enjoyed the breadth you are adding to the Rebels line - if only Hasbro would take note. (Well maybe not, I'm not sure they would achieve your level of execution).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #625 on: June 28, 2015, 06:03:58 AM »
Nice, I need to get this on the front page. Sorry it has taken me awhile. Lots of things happening in the Tamer household at the moment. I haven't even had time to watch the season premier yet.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2015, 12:06:31 PM »

"CUSTOMS FOR THE KID" CELEBRATES 5 YEARS OF BLOGGING

Hard to believe it, but Customs for the Kid has been blogging about the Star Wars custom action figure community for 5 years this week!

All month long, we were trying to come up with an epic custom action figure reveal for this milestone. Then at the last minute, we totally changed course. Instead of focusing on some new action figure that we'll all forget about later in the week, we decided to focus on what is being celebrated today, our best custom of all...this blog.

We never thought that this endeavor would have lasted as long as it has. When Elias decided he wanted to start making his own Star Wars  custom action figures at the early age of six, I thought it was only going to last a few weeks at most.  I still remember sitting at my laptop typing in my newly created moniker, Darth Daddy, as I set up an account to post our first custom action figures over in the Yakface forums, not knowing that one day, this persona would develop into an alter ego that would later receive almost a million views a month on the Darth Daddy Google+ profile.

When we started our journey we were complete amateur custom action figure artists who to our surprise, went on to create one of the most popular resources for Star Wars custom action figure art on the web today!   If someone told me that this little boy's passion and persistence for creating his own toys would have manifested into a blog read in over 120 countries around the world, I wouldn't have believed them.  The blog's success and popularity has been the result of an actively participating community of artists. The people featured on this blog have become some of our closest friends. Customs for the Kid has become a place where artists, collectors, and fans of the artform can find new talent, customizing techniques, action figure parts lists, collector focused fundraising campaigns with unique incentives, video tutorials, photonovels, stop motion videos,  and some your  favorite Star Wars podcasts all in one place.

It can't go without saying that Customs for the Kid wishes to express our sincerest gratitude to all the Star Wars fan sites like Imperial Shipyards, Yakface.com, The Star Wars Underworld, Jedi News, Jedi Temple Archives, and Jedi Business for featuring our custom action figures over the years.  We'd also like to thank all the podcasts like RebelForce Radio, The Star Wars Underworld podcast, The Wolfpack Podcast, Custom Action Figure News, The Voice of the Republic podcast, SWAG77, and Expanded Fandomverse, for featuring us on their programming.

Thank you to all our fans who take the time write us letters, leave comments on social media, and send us pictures of your action figures. Your communications are inspiring. We are so thankful to the Star Wars community for helping spread the word about Star Wars custom action figures and the artists that create them.

Most of all, we thank the artists we feature for letting us spread your art to all the corners of the world.  Without your contributions no one who visits this blog would have any reason to come.

HEAD TO THE BLOG TO READ THE FULL FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY POST:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/07/customs-for-kid-celebrates-5-years-of.html

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:20:37 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/01/15
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
This figure has been put off to the side for way longer than I can remember. Mostly because it was tons of work to pull off.  Both Vizsla's head and helmet needed heavy modification and on top of that, I had to fabricate the jetpack from scratch.  So what did I do, I avoided the project for as long as I could tolerate. All avoidance aside, I definitely wanted to add this version of Pre Vizsla to the collection since he was featured so prominently in this form during the later seasons of The Clone Wars television series.  He took more hours to fabricate than I care to recall, but now that he is completed, I couldn't be happier. 

The jetpack and belt pouches both attach magnetically.  I love the magnets, because you can tuck the dark saber that Vizsla wields between his back and the jetpack to hold it in place.  Attaching the pouches magnetically allowed them to be easily removed so I could have Vizsla as he appeared in "A Friend in Need" with the pouches present or Vizsla without the pouches on his belt like he was dressed when he battled Darth Maul in "Shades of Reason".  The gauntlets I stole from a Clone Wars Cad Bane.

I'm really happy to be working on Clone Wars action figures again.  They are my favorite figures to make.

CLONE WARS
"PHASE II PRE VIZSLA"
created by DARTH DADDY

With magnetic pouches removed.

EVEN MORE PHOTOS ON THE BLOG:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/07/clone-wars-phase-ii-pre-vizsla-created.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #628 on: August 02, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »
Great looking TCW Vizla. Off to share.

Hope you had a chance to watch that last episode of CAFN, we have you guys a shout for your five year anniversary.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #629 on: August 02, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »
Very nice, I LOVE the Clone Wars so much. I enjoy all yours and elias' work. Actually you and Peakob1's work is what actually pulled me to the yards to share my customs. Keep up the great customs Brian, and CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 year anniversary on the blog. Many more years of customizing to you and Elias  0/ DH
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....