Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 236943 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/05/15
« Reply #645 on: September 08, 2015, 04:15:36 AM »
Elias asked that I thank you both on his behalf for your complimentary feedback on his latest project. This is more a Public Service Announcement than a custom post.  Elias  threw this figure together yesterday.  For anyone who was wondering, like the 6" Black Series figures, the neck pegs for the five point articulation First Order Stormtrooper and Finn action figure are the exact same size.  Which is great if you want to do a quick head swap and have a Finn in Stormtrooper armor.  Just pop them off with a light tug, swap the Finn head onto the First Order Stormtrooper body, and the left hand will even hold the helmet for you.  This is officially our first Force Awakens custom action figure!

"FINN - FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER"
created by Elias

CHECK THE LINK FOR MORE INFO:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/09/finn-first-order-stormtrooper-created.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:00:10 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/08/15
« Reply #646 on: September 08, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
Looks good! Great tip, BTW.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #647 on: September 08, 2015, 02:50:09 PM »
Simple but great well done.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #648 on: September 12, 2015, 06:28:20 AM »
Sorry it has taken me so long to get to your last two postings. Time is at a premium here in the Tamer household right now.

Those shelves are fantastic.

Thanks for the info on that head swap too. Looks great.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #649 on: November 14, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
Thanks Shawn! No worries on the delay ;) Hope all is well!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:49:46 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 11/14/15
« Reply #650 on: November 14, 2015, 10:18:16 AM »
Elias was really happy to embellish his Echo Base shelf with some new accessories to enhance his display.  These beefy computer consoles have engraved detail on front and sides. We chose to grab a monitor offset to both the left and right. The monitors included decals for 4 different consoles so we could mix and match for tons of options! The consoles measure 2.25" wide x 2" deep x 4.75" tall. 

Elias recently purchased and customized Hole In the Ground's "Echo Base Computer Consoles" and he couldn't be happier with his decision.  For those active in fan forums, you are probably already familiar with the awesome diorama pieces that Hole In the Ground Productions offers to fellow collectors. Hole In the Ground's offerings are just too cool to not be part of any Star Wars 3.75" collection.

"ECHO BASE COMPUTER CONSOLES"
painted by Elias

MORE PICS & INFO ON THE BLOG:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/11/echo-base-computer-consoles-painted-by.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:33:09 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #651 on: November 14, 2015, 10:37:57 AM »
Great work on the consoles, Elias.  I got a sneak peak of this on Pinterest.
I'll have to check out that site.

I'm amazed by the detail on Traya.  Mousedroidhoejib did a great job on the Face sculpt and the face paint is flawless.  I can't believe how well the hand seen softwoods are.  When a custom holds up to the scrutiny of a high-def closeup, you know it's good.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #652 on: November 14, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
HIGH ADVENTURE "HIGH FIVE" ALBUM COVER
created by Darth Daddy

High Adventure is a Fan-Rock band, based out of Connecticut. Since 2008, these musicians have gathered a worldwide following of fanboys and fangirls with their passionate music about comic books, movies, video games, loving life and the fandom experience. The band has already been featured on NPR, "The Force-Cast," "RebelForce Radio," "The Indy-Cast," and "TechnoRetro Dads". They have played high profile shows like New York Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, ComiCONN, Rhode Island Comic Con and Boston Super Mega Fest!  High Adventure's music was also featured in the soundtrack of the Star Wars documentary "The Force Within Us".

High Adventure have recently finished their PledgeMusic campaign, and wrapped up the finishing touches to their fifth album entitled “High Five”. It is the first album to feature the entire 8-piece band together in the studio. All 14 songs are mastered, the digital files have been released, and the album art has now been submitted for publishing for the official upcoming CD release. High Adventure can’t wait to share their new music with all their fans!

Customs for the Kid was really honored to have been asked to contribute to the album art for their "Eight Against A World!" inspired cover. Lead singer Glen Nelson just told me what he was looking for and I set to work. It took a few months to bang it all out, but with some careful planning and hard work, I finished the project just as the album was being mastered.

It was an extremely tight time frame, so we outsourced the head sculpts for the band to the web based company thatsmyface.com. From one (to two) photos of yourself, ThatsMyFace, will utilize patent-pending 3-D modeling techniques previously reserved to film studios and professional 3-D designers, to reconstruct your face in 3-D. Then using cutting-edge manufacturing technologies pioneered by the car prototyping industry, ThatsMyFace lets you either choose to order your head only and fit it onto your existing action figure bodies, or buy their complete action-figures pre-fitted and fully clothed. Your lifelike action-figure head is created out of a hard resin composite in full 24-bit color. For our project, we only needed the heads produced.  Creating eight one-of-a-kind head sculpts for each of the band members would have taken me a year to complete with all my additional duties maintaining the Customs for the Kid blog.

With all the sculpt-work I already had to do on the bodies of these characters, shortcuts needed to be applied wherever possible. Already I had to sculpt three unique head sculpts for Jaxxon, Hedji, and Chewbacca.  Even though the three heads would only be held under the action figures arms, or in their hands, it was important to communicate to the viewer that the High Adventure band members were just getting out of their costumes after completing their comic book cover shoot for Marvel. I even went as far as creating wigs out of cotton for the Amaiza Foxtrain and Don-Wan Kihotay figures.  Every last detail was considered as I made these figures to recreate the look of the cover of the Marvel edition of Star Wars #8: Eight for Aduba-3.  It was lots of fun bringing these misfit spacers to life as I mashed them up with the band members of High Adventure.

It was really cool that High Adventure gave a nod to the niche artwork of the Star Wars custom action figure community.  It's an aspect of fandom that is often overlooked, but offers plenty of thrills once discovered.  It's really cool when fans from different sides of the Star Wars community can collaborate to make something truly special.

Album cover photographer Andrew Kraemer photographing Darth Daddy's diorama.

THERE ARE A BUNCH OF LINKS TO HIGH ADVENTURE, LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN PHOTOGRAPHY, and THATSMYFACE IN THE POST ON THE BLOG: http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/11/high-adventure-high-five-album-cover.html.

High Adventure gave "Customs for the Kid" a signed copy from the band of the Marvel edition of Star Wars #8: Eight for Aduba-3.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:32:39 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #653 on: November 15, 2015, 08:38:19 AM »
Pretty cool Brain. Off to share on our pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #654 on: November 17, 2015, 12:07:04 AM »
Awesome! What a fun (and probably nerve-wracking) project to do. I'd really like to have a better shot of the Hedji head sculpt (I was always a bit frustrated that they killed him off). The body sculpts and heads are amazing.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #655 on: November 21, 2015, 09:25:57 AM »
Awesome! What a fun (and probably nerve-wracking) project to do. I'd really like to have a better shot of the Hedji head sculpt (I was always a bit frustrated that they killed him off). The body sculpts and heads are amazing.

Here's a shot of Hedji!

"Hedji"
created by Darth Daddy

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE ACTUAL POST ON "HEDJI":
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/11/hedji-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:29:44 AM by Tamer »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #656 on: November 21, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
Here is a better look at the Jaxxon action figure too!

"JAXXON"
created by Darth Daddy

Here's the link for the Jaxxon post that I did:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/11/jaxxon-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:29:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 11/21/15
« Reply #657 on: November 22, 2015, 04:40:50 AM »
Awesome Jaxxon, had to get that one on the front page. Hedji will see time there soon too. Neat idea that album cover.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #658 on: November 23, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
Great looking ol' skool Marvel era custom figures !
I grew up reading the Marvel Star Wars comics stuff and it holds great memories for me. So cool to see characters from those comics in custom action figure form!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:09:18 AM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #659 on: November 23, 2015, 06:38:36 PM »
Brilliant!! Both Jaxxon and Hedji turned out great. I like this sculpt better than the beaver/wombat like face he had on the inside pages of the comics (didn't stop me from liking the character and being really upset when they killed him off  :'( though). Thanks for posting the single images.