Author Topic: Next Contest Idea  (Read 41326 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Next Contest Idea
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2013, 04:38:11 AM »
I think it is a great idea! Check out our new contest just posted by Shawn.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »
We should do a 6" Black Series custom contest. Has to have a 6" Black Series figure that is customized in some way or painted with a mini dio. Dio could be a stand or a wall section. Scene can have 1 up to a max of 3 figures in it. Can use 6" Marvel figure(s), but must be SW themed and at least use Black Series figure head or body for one of the custom figures. What do you guys think?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
We should do a 6" Black Series custom contest. Has to have a 6" Black Series figure that is customized in some way or painted with a mini dio. Dio could be a stand or a wall section. Scene can have 1 up to a max of 3 figures in it. Can use 6" Marvel figure(s), but must be SW themed and at least use Black Series figure head or body for one of the custom figures. What do you guys think?

This is a great idea mate, if this comes about I'll be in it.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
I definitely think a six inch series custom contest is in order soon. Close to being ready to announce our next contest though.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2014, 03:50:51 AM »
A contest using only the Black Series 6 inch figures sounds cool.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:33 AM »
a 6 inch contest sounds cool... if I could find any more of them!  Not to mention the cost... 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2014, 02:39:15 AM »
Yeah, I liked the idea about a six inch contest. So we will use that one for the next poll.

I also liked these ideas:

From Darth Daddy:

Each artist has to pick a custom that they have always really admired, but that was made by artist other than themselves to try to recreate the figure and add it to their own collection.  It's a great way for us to really push ourselves outside our comfort zones while at the same time giving us all the opportunity to add a much desired figure to our collections.  It's a contest where everybody wins

From Sjefke:

2.  a Through the Looking Glass theme.  All the good characters done as evil and vice-versa.

3.  Gender switch.  Make your favorite male character a female and vice-versa.  I saw a female version of Han Solo on Pinterest that was really cool.

4.  I do like trying Episode 7 figures, but we need more reveals from J.J. Abrams or else it'll get pretty boring.

5.  Baby versions of Star Wars aliens.  Piglet Gammies, or Rancorlings in diapers.

From Darth Sinister:

"Tamer, maybe you could do a specified time block for an EU contest. One that runs from 1977 to say 1983. This could encompass Marvel, Del Ray, TV specials and the old news paper comics."

Just remember folks, the more restrictive you are in your theme the more likely folks won't participate in regards to getting participation. After doing these contests for a few years I can say we just haven't had too much success when we run those. The broader based ones always seem to go better as they offer so many more characters that can be customized.

Still, all ideas are welcome here. I will choose five of them to do our next poll after we finish this next custom contest.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:36 AM »
That's a good point, if the theme is too restrictive, it will likely result in fewer customizers participating (not that we all have to be involved in each one).  For example, I don't collect 6 inch or vehicles, so I wouldn't be in those challenges, but I welcome seeing what people come up with...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2014, 05:01:00 AM »
I know we are not going to hit everyone with a new challenge, but sure do want to hit as many as possible. I have so much fun seeing what the custom artists come up with!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2014, 06:39:40 AM »
Still, all ideas are welcome here. I will choose five of them to do our next poll after we finish this next custom contest.

Thanks Tamer
I followed your link to jot down some ideas, but you beat me to it.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
I think we should do a mandolorian contest again. I missed out on the other one. Or I think we should do an articulation contest were your figure has to be super articulated. That might be cool
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »
Keep those ideas coming. I am getting ready to start a new custom poll soon!

Offline Barmic_Rin

• Cadet
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:59 PM »
What about entertainers? We've musicians, dancers and theatre shows in the movies, what twist would people put on them?
It leaves it quite open for species, styles and number of figures involved, ie a solo artist or band, magicians, dancer(s), jugglers, etc.

Just figure not everyone in the universe carries a blaster or a lightsaber.

Would that be something people might be interested in doing?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:28:50 PM by Barmic_Rin »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
i like that idea. We could do bounty hunters. Or maybe a superhero crossover. i love that idea actually. superhero crossover contest. I've done it before and they turn out pretty cool.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:55 AM »
I will add those ideas to the poll we run very soon!