Author Topic: March 2011 Build Your Own Mini-Rig Contest  (Read 36862 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: March 2011 Build Your Own Mini-Rig Contest
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
Damn this is right up my alley I'm in the only thing guys is you have length not being more then 12" what is the height allowed up to.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 06:41:11 PM »
Damn this is right up my alley I'm in the only thing guys is you have length not being more then 12" what is the height allowed up to.

Ron
Well Ron, we really didn't put a restriction on height. I did put in the general description that it could be a walking machine so I suppose that a mech type vehicle or say, a walking gun platform wouldn't be out of the question. How about we say that the height as well as length restriction is 1 foot. No taller, longer, or wider than 1 foot.

Way to go on your quick little example, LE. For some reason, your vehicles seem to have a style all there own that I seem to instantly recognize as coming from your hand. I don't know if it is your painting style or what.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
Hi All

Clonehead - Cheers mate I just wanted to clarify it so when I do make mine it's not to tall.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »
Oh.

My.

GOD!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
Brendan is requesting clarification - is there a limit to how many figures the vehicle can carry?  I know the original Mini-rigs were pretty much single-figure rigs and with a certain few exceptions so are the current offerings.  So we decided to request an official clarification.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
Brendan is requesting clarification - is there a limit to how many figures the vehicle can carry?  I know the original Mini-rigs were pretty much single-figure rigs and with a certain few exceptions so are the current offerings.  So we decided to request an official clarification.
No limit on how many, Doc, just a limit on how few. Must be able to carry at least one 3 3/4" star wars or star wars themed figure in at least one of the entry pics. Remember, you can post wip pics at anytime in this thread during the course of the contest. When it's time to post your official entry just remember to start that post with the words "this is my entry" Does Brenden have an account, Doc? I forgot to post in the rules that entrants need to be members.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
I think he signed up ages ago - we'll have to double-check.  I think he's going to let me tackle the vehicle with him primarily providing the "Dad, that's so awesome it can't help but win!" style input, as well as a custom driver.  It's come down to one of those "I have three GREAT ideas that I can describe in such detailed terms it will obviously win" situations - so now I have to decide WHICH ONE to concentrate on!

"El Zorro" - a 3-man landspeeder used in the armed reconnaissance role; primary work is attaching two large cannon at nose and kitbash/scratchbuilding & detailing a pair of engines & mounts at the back.

Rapier - a 1-man light strike and recon repulsorcraft; involves scratchbuilding a pair of wings and engine-pods.

Ice Box - Lady Ice's personal ride; modifying the roof and cockpit walls of a CORPS! hovercraft, building new engines.

And that's just the three really CLEAR ideas that I think I have solutions for on the construction parts...

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 03:11:15 AM »
ive got two ideas

7-ik-d47 : personal airspeeder made by correlian airbourne * g.i.joe manta speeder *
fer-tikra 789434 : personal underwater probe * naboo starfighter TCW *
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:15:14 AM by beige-4 »

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 04:00:11 AM »
I've spotted a vehicle and I'm toying with an idea for creating a Death Star Construction Vehicle with lots of robot arms and a worker! though I'll wait until the purchase arrives before being 100% sure....

I'm actually pretty scared by some of the ideas and designs already put forward, so I reckon we're in for some serious entries....it's going to be a tough competition to win....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:03:12 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Commander Wolffe CC #3636

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 06:51:44 AM »
are u allowed to paint the vehicle? and thanks alot for donating your custom hangarbay, I LOVE IT :o

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 07:04:16 AM »
Great ideas coming out of this thread! It will be great to see everyones WIP pics as you get started. Doc, all great ideas and can't wait to see what you start working on. Beige 4 same to you, this should be another great event. Julian I am most excited about your idea, sounds awesome and with your execution I know it will be a crowd pleaser! CTE, yes you can repaint the vehicle as well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:15:06 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 07:11:40 AM »
Since we are getting public with our ideas here, I had considered a mobile gun platform, a flight deck ordinance delivery vehicle, and even a mobile dias for Jabba using about 10 gammorian guards to carry it. "if only I had 10 guards"

I do have a couple of smaller joe vehicles that I could butcher for this but dont know. I may have to stage a fodder run later today.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 07:24:46 AM »
I've never done a vehicle I might have to give it a try!!!

Rich

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »
haha the mobile dias for Jabba is a funny one! but it could work!

Rich, please do! I hope as many will try this as the last one, or at least close!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:46 AM »
I've spotted a vehicle and I'm toying with an idea for creating a Death Star Construction Vehicle with lots of robot arms and a worker!

I've got several ideas along that line, Jules - but none of them are really firm enough in my head to charge into just yet.  One uses an old Joe vehicle (the Skyhawk?) and Probot arms.  I haven't figured out the arm attachment points yet, so it is still on the back-burner for now.  Other cockpit options I'm considering for that design are the Cobra ASP and POGO.  So you can see *I* think your idea is a GREAT one!!  Can't wait to see what you - the master of vehicle conversion and repurposing - pull off!!

Rich & Tamer, I highly recommend it!  Vehicles are stone-cold FUN to mess with - and fairly forgiving, too!

B-4, I'm assuming you mean the Manta-Ray "boat" and not the Manta sail-board?  Altho, a SW-style sailboard would be interesting, esp. given the hoverboard in TCW's Quinlan Vos...  I looked them up and already see the Manta-Ray could likely fill a need I have for Fixer.

Clint - great-sounding ideas - but I think Jabba's "sedan chair" is the winner there - esp. if you found 10 Guards!!  :D

Spry - awesome vehicle!  I had to laugh at the "little people" pilot, but aside from humor value, that's a great fig to go with the speeder.