Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279998 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2009, 07:39:41 PM »
I read somewhere that the neck ball joint uniformity in sw figures is something at the factory level and has to be delt with there... 

As for the other standardizations between the two line I doubt we'll ever see that doc.  Star wars figures have taken a seperate evolution than that of joes.  Joe figures were always known for the ball hips and jointed torsos, so when the 25th aniv. line was redesigned it was designed to keep those features and yet make it to where hasbro could part swap and kit bash to the best of their abilities so that they could cut tooling costs...

star wars figures on the other hand have evolved from the vintage strait legged, strait armed, crappy things that they were and because of this they have evolved slower I think.  construction on the figures has stayed relatively the same with the only articulation being added in the arms and legs, with the pluss of ball jointed necks.  Of course we are beginning to see ball jointed torsos and a couple of ball jointed hips, like in the ARF trooper.

BUT even in the ARF trooper you see that the hasbro designers are sticking to basic SW construction techniques and not retooling the entire figure.   I think one reason for the differences between joes and SW is that SW fan's want aesthetically pleasing, seamless pieces where as joe fan's expect posability and playability.  As a customizer I know it's very dificult to reach a good in between standard of those points... 

I forsee that several years from now they will completely redesign the construction of star wars figures and make them more like gi-joe figures.  If for no other reason than to be able to completely start a probably by then dead line of toys and restart them as something fresh... cashing in even more on something they should have already done!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »
By the time they get around to that, I'll have Joe-bashed so many SW figs I won't NEED to buy them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2009, 04:47:04 AM »
questions sent!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2009, 06:57:52 AM »
Cmon folks, get me three good questions before I have to send em in next week!

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
Here is a good question or 5

#1 Why is it that the distrubiton of figures is lacking severly, In my area they have had nothing new in over 2 1/2 months,and I have 10 Wal-marts I go to find toys. the so called peg warmers that were removed are strangely still there, if stores cannot do better than this why not offer direct sales from Hasbro toy shop and cut out the stores all  togehter. We are here to collect if no product is avalible that becomes impossible. I have been collecting for years as have alot of others and I can honestly say that the last year has been horrible to put it politely one store I go to has 30th Anniversary figs on the shelf, and comic packs, so why not just offer all figures and vehicles on line so all collectors can make sure to get what they want and to make sure it is in good condition and not smashed by stockers.

#2 Is there any chance for Imperial and Rebel army builder packs as there are with the clones, I want a solid answer not the we feel kids will not buy these, there are alot of collectors who will.

#3 Any chance you will sell weapons packs for Star Wars as you did with the gi joes long ago along with backpacks and other accessories, for the Clone Wars, and the Empire/rebellion era many collectors would like to build up there weapons and accessories.

#4 Are there any new OTC vehicles in the works, you can keep what they are hush hush I just want to know if there are any new vehicles, other than what we already know of.

#5 Just answer this question please yes or no, the 3oth anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back is next year is there any thing grand planed that will knock us collectors off our feet. I mean new Vehicles, figures, battle pack with Hoth Turrets and accessories.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2009, 03:02:26 PM »
good questions lee

i have one
Could someone at hasbro u.k. please explain their product strategy as a friend of mine who is in the trade went to a hasbro briefing
and was told that the u.k. would be getting more than ever before ,but then we hear the wave 8 of the clone wars is not coming to the u.k. also not coming are comic packs and the legacy ROTJ wave ,  i cannot understand the logic of this as in the u.k. figure availability is patchy at best  it seems that the u.k. gets short shrift next to our american brothers .please explain why this is?.
p.s. there are plenty of us u.k. collectors but we seem to be purposely starved of product choice .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
Question: What is going on with the Clone Wars line right now? Is it "on hold" as far as releasing new product? We've seen a heavy emphasis on the Legacy line with the Geonosis Arena sets and TIE Interceptors and ROTJ Wave hitting retail, but it really seems to have died down for the Clone Wars stuff lately. We got Wave 6 and the Crumb Bombers and then nothing. When are we going to finally see the Freeco Speeder, Rishi Moon BP, etc hitting the shelves? (These all had street dates of 8/7 at SDCC)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26:18 AM »
Hunh - I was gonna ask the inverse of that, given the emphasis on new CW figs, Deluxe Figs, and 2-Packs...

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
yeah, all I see is clones this, clones that, I want some OTC toys.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
keep em coming, which three will go to hasbro this week?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
Ok, as I am getting ready to go out of town this weekend, I submitted em.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #281 on: October 24, 2009, 03:08:39 AM »
We got some answers take a look:

1. Can we expect more ESB figures, vehicles, etc.  to commemorate the upcoming anniversary Of Empire? Some more Hothy rebel troopers, officers, and a re release of the Target UBP turret would be great.

There will be some more celebration of EpV beyond what we have talked about, including at least one from your list.  Stay tuned!

2. Is there a reason designers of the SW figures don't follow the example of the Joe designers and use a standard-sized neck-ball?  Also, with SW arms being *almost* the same as Joe arms, why not make that little design change and give us more compatibility?  Having Joe and SW figures closer in compatibility would let us customizers have a much wider field to play in.  Are there manufacturing drawbacks to this approach that we don't know about?

The simple answer is that while GI Joe uses a standard articulation "buck", Star Wars is different for every single figure.  As such, the sculptors create the figure with the aesthetics they need to achieve the best results.  We are trying to better control the ball-size for future compatibility,.  It is something we have heard time and time again from the customizing community.

3. I am wanting to know why the new Fi Skirata (Republic Commando) in the new Clone Commando Evolutions packs was not given the full superarticulated treatment?

He was given knee and ankle articulation, bringing him up to what we thought was a great figure.  If there is anything that could be added, it would be ball and socket shoulders.  However, that would have required a new torso and in effect it would be a 100% new figure, which we did not have tooling for.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #282 on: October 24, 2009, 05:52:12 AM »
Sweet, we got some answers! I'll bet that they are referring to that ubp hoth turret.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »
Yea you may be right, then again it may be like this AT-ST and ROTJ wave of figures non-exsitint I have never seen such crappy distribution of figures this is getting sad they will be going on 3 months of no product anywhere IF Wal-Mart is waiting for the Black Friday to release things then they will most likely not restock if you are not there to get 1 or 2 you will not get one at all after last year the wal marts were I live went 10 weeks with no figures at all and the lady in toys said she had not ordered any.

I am tired of Hasbro complaining that the legacy sales are down of course they are when people go to the stores nothing is ever there to buy so naturally sales will be down if nothing is avalible to buy.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »

I am tired of Hasbro complaining that the legacy sales are down of course they are when people go to the stores nothing is ever there to buy so naturally sales will be down if nothing is available to buy.

Ain't that the truth.  And no matter how many times they get told from various places ALL across the country, it's always the canned response, "what you're seeing in your area may not be representative of the national picture".

Oh and another site found out that Bespin Han Solo will be pushed back to 2011.   >:( :'(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:25:03 AM by B.R. Steel »