Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280211 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2009, 07:18:21 AM »
Waiting on Hasbro for some questions today. Should be anytime now!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
Just got an email. They are busy, we will get our answers back on Monday!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
Nice,     Obviously they only adhere to a deadline when it suits them,

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »
reminds me of the kyoto accords, you just say you are going to follow them, but no reason to, :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »
I think I would be more understanding if they were more understanding when question submissions were late. If a site doesn't get thier questions submitted by a set date and time they do not get in on that round, whatever the reason. Yet, they do not adhere to that same policy. It is a bit frustrating and then I remember that things like this might be the reason we get our big vehicles and our atte's and certain figures so you take the bad with the good. I have a feeling this is a service they would probably like to see go the way of the dodo bird.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
I happen to know that the Dodo Bird Shawn did not go extinct they just got jobs at Hasbro given all of there recent mishaps it makes sense. 8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2009, 03:26:47 AM »
I happen to know that the Dodo Bird Shawn did not go extinct they just got jobs at Hasbro given all of there recent mishaps it makes sense. 8)

It does make one wonder if in 2018 when Hasbro's license is up for renewal whether George will keep going with em or change to a new company. I think we all agree that it is smart for Hasbro to do new deisgns and sculpts, but its best not to do them if you are going to miss a few important things like playability and movie accuracy.

That being siad here are a few questions I have regarding recent offerings:

1. Having had a chance to see the new AT-ST in action many are disappointed in the legs and feet of this offering. We think, for the most part, that you did an outstanding job on doing the new head, but why did you give it unproportianally smaller legs that are not movie accurate and why the feet that are not bigger than the ones off the old at-st? (Someone might want to verbalize that one better)

2. Having had a chance to watch my daughter play with the new dewback and sandtrooper over and over again I am left wondering why the dewback saddle was advertised to fit the rider? The saddle bags and wide saddle stance get in the way of the sandtrooper being able to actually fit on the thing. My daughter gets so ticked when "Sandy" keeps falling of his "dewback horse". Did the designers of the new saddle actually meet with the new sandtrooper designers and see if the figure would actually sit on the dewback?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
I like the questions,   as far as the license expiring in 2018,   I guess it will be dependant on how well any continuation series is doing and how much Lucas wants to either renew or sell off the license,   I wonder is there is any other company that could make the mass market work since I am sure the licensing is prohibative to most smaller manufacturers.  It also makes me wonder where Lucas will be in 9 years as far as control of teh day to day business and approval. He isn't a spring chicken anylonger,  It could be a very interesting date to watch,  that is if we all survive 2012  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
LOL. Yeah, I hope the Mayans were wrong! I need to go see that new movie. Looks great, well the effects do anyhow.

Offline ninersox

• Cadet
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
Can you please ask Hasbro with the next round of Q&A if they could tell us who were the final 4 Mighty Muggs that were supposed to be released?  I loved collecting this line and I am disappointed that they stopped this one.

Thanks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »
I think I asked a similar Mighty Muggs question a few rounds back.  I will check.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Here they are folks. There is a ton of TESB goodness in here. These answers have me so excited for toyfair! Good questions folks.

1. Is there any chance for Imperial and Rebel army builder packs as there are with the Clones?

We have done them in the Battle Pack line in the past, but the Clones have proven to be more popular so we have focused there more often.  There's a good likelihood that we will revisit this stance down the road, and hope late next year to have a little news in this regard against the backdrop of the Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary.

2. Are there any new OTC vehicles in the works, you can keep what they are hush hush I just want to know if there are any new vehicles, other than what we already know of?

Yes there are.  We will most likely reveal what they are at Toy Fair next year.

3. The 30th anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back is next year.Is there any thing grand planed that will knock us collectors off our feet. I mean new Vehicles, figures, battle pack with Hoth Turrets and accessories?

We do have some very special plans to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of ESB next year.  However we'll be keeping a lid on details until Toy Fair, just a couple months away.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
Gotta like the ESB plans,  Always a fan favorite, or atleast this fans.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
ESB secrets...... I like the sound of those answers.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #314 on: November 16, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
Maybe the resculpted snowspeeder Hasbro has had in the works for a while will finally see the light of day.