Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144122 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #495 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #496 on: January 26, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »
This last shot shows how another relaxed pose might look, with the helmet disconnected from the hoses and the hoses allowed to drape down from the airbox.

That's all for this fig tonight. I have already completed my touchups since these shots including applying a dark grey wash to the hoses to bring out the ringed surface. I will post some final reveal pics tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #497 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »
And, here are the shots that I pulled out of the archives today, of a figure that I had posted a shot of early in this thread . This is a figure that I did either late in the first year of my customizing or early in the second year, I don't know. "how long have I been doing this, Shawn?"

This figure was an elite corps clone that I had fitted a solid cast airborne trooper head onto and used the helmet topper from an ATTE gunner to dress it up. I had painted the airborne helmet to match the elite corps camo and gave him a neon green visor. I made for him a paper mache kama with typing paper trim and painted that up.
I made two full-length capes for him. The inner cape was a paper mache item and the outer cape was my first ever ghillie cape that I had made from gauze soaked in white glue, painted, and then dressed up with the same groundwork effects from Woodland Scenics that I use on my little dioramas. The rifle is an elite corps "another line" item that I painted up and added a strap and a bipod to. That little diorama started as layers of craft foam covered with tissue soaked in white glue, pre painted, and then dressed up with woodland scenics groundwork products. I believe that I listed and sold the diorama with the fig.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #498 on: January 27, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »
Thanks guys,  yeah, I was really proud of that ghillie cape. I have only made one more like it, since. and it went to custom cloner.
I took a few final shots of that shadow imperial pilot in the light box and then, outside in the sunshine so you could get a final look at the touchups and paint on the hoses and pistol before I move onto something else.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
Since I had thought about a transitional pilot figure to fly my imperial deco v-wing, I broke it out to take some pics with.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
pIcs
Darn, I had meant to take some high res shots so I could host and post em bigger but I forgot and left the camara on VGA

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »
Pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #502 on: January 27, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »
Pics
 Alright, lets move onto something else, shall we?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #503 on: January 27, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
TY guys! I might have done a couple things differently but there's always a next time. I do think that he turned out better than I had planned and that is always a good thing.

Those of you who follow this thread remember what else I was working on when I got going on this pilot "a month ago, or was it two?" I was working on the camo paintjob on Tamers gunner repaint that will go with his Veers repaint. Today, I finished all the camo on his upper body, including touchups, and put the grey part of his camo on his legs. I touched up a bit on the black detail lines on his white parts but didn't find my white paint to bring those pieces closer to completion. Oh, and I did paint the little radio receiver on the side of his helmet. There really isn't far to go on this figure and once I do the black part of thecamo on his legs, I will kind of be on the home stretch.

Also, I had decided to paint up this CW Thire to look like either Waxer or Boil from the landing at point rain episode,"whichever one has the twilek graphic on his helmet" and had stalled because I couldn't decide what color to make the base coat of his camo scheme. I had tried a couple of different variations of a dirty grey but looking at this cropped pic from Starwars.com, I am needing to go lighter and less brown for the very bottom armor color. I altered that shot from the show to make it a touch lighter to match my paint to as normally paints darken a bit as they dry. I don't think this is Waxer or Boil in this shot but the basic colors used are the same. Anyway, I did go ahead and make the detail lines where the cracks are in his armor using a dark grey Floquil color and when I decide what hue of light grey the armor base color is supposed to be, I will tighten up those detail lines and apply that base color at the same time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #504 on: January 28, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
Thanks fellers. I did not get any more done on Tamer's gunner since yesterday but threw his unfinished accessories on him for a couple of shots so you could remember. I did, however, mix up this lighter grey color to become the base color for my Landing at Point Rain Boil figure and got some of it on. Comparing it to the shot I posted above, I think it is close enough and I will try to get the rest of the figure wearing this color, tonight.

A little help here, Jay. It is boil who wears that little twilek graphic, right?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #505 on: January 28, 2010, 04:18:15 PM »
boil is on the right

i'd say yes they are the same
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
Thanks again guys. No new progress pics on the two figs that are currently on my workbench. Time for another dive into the custom archives as the wife had me checking memory cards for some pics for her and I came across these old pics of another one of the favorites that I did a few years ago. Somewhere near the beginning of this thread, I posted one or two pics of this one but had lost the rest of these pics until today.

This one, I called the desert ops heavy gunner and he started as a standard biker scout or elite corps body. I merged a resin-cast Republic Commando helmet with the face from a resin Galactic Marine helmet for him and modified the mounting hole so that it fit on the body's neck peg. I gave him a resin-cast sandtrooper's pauldron, a resin-cast mini gun, and made a paper mache kama for him. I was looking for a less busy paint job on this one and only added camo to the pauldron and the inside of his kama. I remember, looking at these pics, that I used paper towels for the kama instead of the normal tissue that I use and I kind of like the rougher texture that the paper towel had to it. It was fun to drybrush on that texture.  That last shot shows this fig with the first snow mando fig that I did.

This is one of the ones that I let go in a past ebay auction and I have missed this one, ever since. To date, I have never made this helmet mod again and would not mind making an updated version of this one.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
Thanks again guys. No new progress pics on the two figs that are currently on my workbench. Time for another dive into the custom archives as the wife had me checking memory cards for some pics for her and I came across these old pics of another one of the favorites that I did a few years ago. Somewhere near the beginning of this thread, I posted one or two pics of this one but had lost the rest of these pics until today.

This one, I called the desert ops heavy gunner and he started as a standard biker scout or elite corps body. I merged a resin-cast Republic Commando helmet with the face from a resin Galactic Marine helmet for him and modified the mounting hole so that it fit on the body's neck peg. I gave him a resin-cast sandtrooper's pauldron, a resin-cast mini gun, and made a paper mache kama for him. I was looking for a less busy paint job on this one and only added camo to the pauldron and the inside of his kama. I remember, looking at these pics, that I used paper towels for the kama instead of the normal tissue that I use and I kind of like the rougher texture that the paper towel had to it. It was fun to drybrush on that texture.  That last shot shows this fig with the first snow mando fig that I did.

This is one of the ones that I let go in a past ebay auction and I have missed this one, ever since. To date, I have never made this helmet mod again and would not mind making an updated version of this one.

Well after seeing these awesome bad boys on the bay, I finally know who did them.

Your paint apps are really really nicely done.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #508 on: February 06, 2010, 09:05:17 PM »
thanks, Squirepec!
  I got a package in the mail today from Forum member Spudafett that contained my new super arty snowtrooper that he did up for me. This constitutes the first ever custom figure from someone else that I have ever taken steps to obtain for my own collection and it is just as impressive in person as it appears in his custom figure thread. I took it down to the light box in the basement and snapped a few shots to show off its super arty nature. I have chose one of the guns from the extra gear packs found in the saga legends figures and for some shots, I used the master part for the mold I use to cast the Veers/Galactic Marine mixed helmet. My thinking was that, were I ever to re-customize this figure, perhaps he could be some kind of snowtrooper commander. My plan is still to take pics of this guy repelling out of the new ATAT walker when I get one but it is always nice to visualize.
  Devin, I love that stretchy material you used for the straps connected to the knee pads. That works perfect for this.

And now for some pics of Spud's super arty snowtrooper....

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:51:10 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2010, 07:57:59 AM »
DArthxux, as I recall, all I had to do was ream out the cavity in the bottom of the arf trooper head so that it would fit onto the mounting peg on the clone commander's body. Looking at this one shot, I remember that I had shortened the clone commander body neck peg a bit to make the arf head sit at the correct height but could have reamed the hole in the head deeper to get the same effect. It was pretty easy to do and I used a wood chisel and an exacto knife to do it.