Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144172 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
Sounds like Fox is everyone's favorite except perhaps, my buddy, Tamer.
  Well I took some new shots of Fox, today, to celebrate his being the favorite of my 2009 customs but before I show those, here are a few shots of the runner up, the camo AOTC atat driver figure that I made for Tamer.
This first shot is to compare the fig to a saga atat driver like it used to be.

And, like I had mentioned, here are some shots of Fox and one of his Guards, first by themselves and then, posed on a jungle dio that I made years ago.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #481 on: January 04, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
more shots of Fox and his guard.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #482 on: January 04, 2010, 05:54:50 PM »
More Fox and Guard shots
Can you tell which one I used a flash with? Better go back a page and see the other Fox pics that I took.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #483 on: January 04, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
Two more shots

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2010, 04:49:14 PM »
Sounds like Fox is everyone's favorite except perhaps, my buddy, Tamer.
  Well I took some new shots of Fox, today, to celebrate his being the favorite of my 2009 customs but before I show those, here are a few shots of the runner up, the camo AOTC atat driver figure that I made for Tamer.
This first shot is to compare the fig to a saga atat driver like it used to be.

And, like I had mentioned, here are some shots of Fox and one of his Guards, first by themselves and then, posed on a jungle dio that I made years ago.
Tamer, I guess you didn't notice on page 110 where I mentioned where that dio was an older one. I don't suppose that you have any shots of your ATAT driver that you could show us?

Thanks guys, for all of your comments.
wow I can't get enough of your Fox mate, really awesome

What about a Phase II Fox?
for a Phase II Fox, Fila, I would go with a commander Cody helmet on the same 327th clone commander body without the belt mods.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:53:24 PM by Clonehead »

Offline jedimaster351

• Ensign
  • Do you want a piece of me?!?
    • Star Wars the Clone Wars
« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »
man i wish i could maint that good but all i can do is this crappy thing! :'( xwing

the Sith are among us all.....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
Well I did get some more work done on that pilot figure and I hope to finish him up tomorrow.

I decided to use the stock airbox that came from this figure which already had the shorter airhoses cut off. My plan is to use these longer airhoses that I cut from the accessories on that ROC paraviper fig and I want to pin them to the airbox and helmet so that they will remain removable on either end and be able to pivot on the pin for added pose options while the helmet is on and off. Using a 16GA drill bit, I bored holes in the receiving positions of the airbox and on one end of the hoses. I still have to bore some holes in the back of the helmet, do some length troubleshooting and cut the hoses to length and bore holes in the other ends. I will then use some 16GA tie wire lengths for the pins and mount them into the ends of the hoses, more than likely. After that, a little touch-up painting will be needed and I should be done.

As you can see in the last shot, I have found the stock pistol that the figure came with and I finished the camo paint apps on his lower legs. More pics, tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:18 AM »
looks great clint.  

why did you decide on pinning the hoses instead of drilling a hole big enough for the hose itself to fit into the box?  I know those hoses are thick, is the box not as thick as the hose?

how are you planning on attaching the hoses to the helmet?
thanks buddy. That was my original plan and isn't quite off table yet. I just didn't have a drill bit the perfect size for that on hand although chances are good that I might be able to get deep enough with the ex-acto to ream it wider. For the back of the helmet, I may have to fab up some kind of sleeve that will swallow the hose but hold onto it. Perhaps part of a length of sprue runner from a model kit could work.

Thank you, clonemedic and L.E.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:40:13 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »
Well thank you, NFC. I hadn't gotten the idea that this was to be an officer pilot until I had decided to use the Needa head for him. Once I had the head, I had to try on the hat and after that, I was hooked on the look. I took some shots of him for my parts for sale thread, where he is modeling a cast-resin version of this same cap, and figured I might as well post em here. I did do some more touch up to his camo, earlier today, but still need to get his airbox and helmet plumbed for airhoses.

I hear you on that Sigil that you are trying to paint. That's why I never tried a Commander Stone figure. I was afraid that the emblem on his shoulder would be too tedious to promote not pulling my hair out. Good luck on your project and I for sure want to see shots of your progress. Yes, something like that would be a back and forth process.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
I hear you on that Sigil that you are trying to paint. That's why I never tried a Commander Stone figure. I was afraid that the emblem on his shoulder would be too tedious to promote not pulling my hair out. Good luck on your project and I for sure want to see shots of your progress. Yes, something like that would be a back and forth process.
okay!!   :)   here's a WIP shot of it... trust me when I say it looks far shittier in this picture than it does in real life.  

or at least I thought (or hoped) it looked better than it actually does, as evidenced by the camera.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:45:26 PM by night force cynic »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:58 PM »
Spud, an easy alternative would be to alter the atat driver helmet to make it look like a tie pilot helmet. Just cut the air cylinders off of the back and attach air hoses in the front.

I was digging around in the archives of my old custom figure pics and came accross these that I had never posted here before of a custom that started as a saga clone engineer that I converted into an armored sniper fig. Some of his accessories are from elite forces figs and I added extra plating to his legs using the rubber grip from a ball point pin with typing paper strips for thinner plates. I also made a strap for his rifle with a rubber band and made some mods to the gun's barrel.  Now, this was made years ago so the paint apps might be a bit shoddy to the eye but it's interesting to see some of the things I have made that have been forgotten over time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #491 on: January 25, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
Since I was in a nostalgic mood, I dug out some more old custom pics. first up is another couple of figs from my first year of customizing. I did a scout trooper using the same colors I used on that death star gunner fig.  

Next up is an atrt driver that I also did a camo theme on. I added accessories from an elite forces fig and made those night vision goggles so that they could be positioned either over his eyes or up on his forehead.

I did a Saga Cody around the same time using the same colors.

And, this one is from a couple years later that I have posted a pic of here, before, of a modern sculpt snowtrooper that I modded up a helmet for with the face of a galactic marine. I removed the cloth kama and made one out of paper mache and typing paper and painted his eyes and lightsaber with neon paint. It's kind of cool to look at some of this past stuff, post some pics that I hadn't before, and look for some progression as far as how I would do things and possibly improve on techniques.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:54:57 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:49 PM »
LOL, I figured that you would say that, Spud. I have no doubt that the page will change in the middle of this but here goes.
I found some 16ga tiewire and it fit quite snug in the holes that I drilled in the airbox and airhoses so I went with that.
I mounted two small lengths protruding from the airbox and then drilled a couple of holes in the back bottom of that ridge at the back of the helmet and mounted two lengths there. There was some debate over weather or not I wanted to shorten the hoses that I had but I ended up leaving them full length. I believe after I took these pics that I actually reversed the ends on the hoses and felt that they looked better that way. I will get pics up of them the other way, tomorrow. That out of the way, all that remains is some detail painting on the box, hoses, pistol, and a touch up or two on the helmet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
Now with the hoses connected, here are some shots of how they look.
  I remember in the navy, when we were wearing a fire fighting oxygen breathing mask and were in a relaxed mode, we would throw the mask over our head and let it hang on our back by the hoses like I have our pilot doing in this first shot.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #494 on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
I was considering applying some heat to the hoses to reshape them so that they would drape to his shoulders in a more real weighty fashion but since I turned the hoses around, it does look better. I have not turned them around yet in these shots.