Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME FIVE - 29/08/2015 - ISSUE 1: Brothers In Arms  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Hello folks! As you may already be aware, I produce a fanmade comic series set during the prequel trilogy - Tales From The Clone Wars. This thread is where I'll be posting updates to the comic for its fifth volume! Hope you enjoy.

The opening issue of Volume Five is set entirely on the planet Kamino, and introduces us to two new original characters who will be the stars of this new story. So here is Issue One - Brothers In Arms:

Thoughts, critique and feedback are always appreciated!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
Another very interesting chapter! You once again nailed the feeling and visuals of the Clone Wars. Certainly an intriguing mystery you've set up, it seemed to borrow heavily from the Clone Cadets and Five's Order 66 arcs, which is good in the fact that it builds continuity between your series and established lore. However, I've grown to really love your original stories and expect this will once again firmly establish itself as it's own adventure. Looking forward to more!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
On the front page this morning. I got in here to get your preview online and I see you already posted a new chapter. Alright!!!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Another very interesting chapter! You once again nailed the feeling and visuals of the Clone Wars. Certainly an intriguing mystery you've set up, it seemed to borrow heavily from the Clone Cadets and Five's Order 66 arcs, which is good in the fact that it builds continuity between your series and established lore. However, I've grown to really love your original stories and expect this will once again firmly establish itself as it's own adventure. Looking forward to more!

Thank you for the feedback CloneCrazy. You're absolutely right about the influence of the Cadets/Fives arcs on this issue. They were definitely my homework when it came to researching for the script ;) I figured that since I was introducing several original characters in this volume then I needed something familiar to ground them with so they could establish their personalities before the plot takes them elsewhere. I even wanted to include a Bric/El-Les cameo (and created the 3D models for them) but had to cut them in the editing process. Might find a way to sneak them back in at a later point of the story :P

On the front page this morning. I got in here to get your preview online and I see you already posted a new chapter. Alright!!!

Haha, I always seem to work crazy fast when it comes to the first issue of a new volume. Don't have to worry about fact-checking and continuity with previous issues or something I guess!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Rather frustratingly, my PC has run into some problems and it looks like I might lose all of the work-in-progress made on continuing this volume so far. This includes things like scripts, customised 3D models and assets made exclusively for the comic. It's a lot of work to redo from scratch, so if it does turn out that the data is irretrievable I may have to quietly close down Volume Five before it has really begun.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Hate to read this! I sure hope you don't shut this down!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Bad new folks. Due to my recent PC crash, I lost all my WIP files on Volume Five - so much so that despite several efforts I can't really find the energy or enthusiasm to re-do it all again. As such I'll be quietly closing the most recent volume of the webcomic before it really begins.

I have, however, used the opportunity to start an entirely new comic project set during the Rebellion-era, and have already begun work on producing some content for it.

A sneak peak:

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
I couldn't imagine losing work like that.  :-X :-[ Your teaser looks great though, it'll be nice to see some OT era stuff.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Sniff, sniff. My comments are on the front pages!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Okay guys, got some bad news and some good news...but don't worry it's mostly good news.

The bad news is that the upcoming follow-up to TFTCW, Tales From The Rebellion, is delayed for the time being. The good news is that the reason for this is because I've decided to go back and finish Volume Five of Tales From The Clone Wars after all!

The frustration from losing all the previous work when my PC crashed has faded over the last couple of months, so I don't feel so bad about re-doing so much work in order to finish the story I started with the clones Asher and Corliss.

Here's a little taste of what the volume will hold:

Hope you guys like it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, now thats what I call a teaser. Looks great. Off to share.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
Glad to hear that Tales from the Clone Wars is getting a proper ending, it's a great series and deserves to go out with a bang! Looking forward to what's in store!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Wow, now thats what I call a teaser. Looks great. Off to share.

Thanks Tamer!

Glad to hear that Tales from the Clone Wars is getting a proper ending, it's a great series and deserves to go out with a bang! Looking forward to what's in store!

Yeah, losing all that work was difficult but once the dust settled I knew I wanted to give this series the ending it needs!

Unlike previous volumes, where I posted all the issues in the same thread, I'll be posting each issue of Volume Five as a new topic here in the Graphic Fiction forum. Issue Two is nearly done, but for now here's a brief five-page preview:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, I can't wait. It is gonna be good. Off to share.