Poll

Please vote for your favorite entry into the challenge!

Starchaser - Teacher/Jedi Me
Spudafett - SOTE 6" Swoop Bike with Rider
Jaya - Inquisitor Jaya
Mandalore25 - Basilisk War Droid
I-am-Boba-Fett - Imperial Patrol Skiff
HALCION - 6"LV-LS SPEEDER w Pilot

Author Topic: Star Wars Self Custom/Scratch-built Vehicle Challenge  (Read 45360 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars Self Custom/Scratch-built Vehicle Challenge
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:57:56 AM »
Star Wars Self Custom/Scratch-built Vehicle Challenge

Well here we go, we are trying a simulataneous challenge this time. From now till July 24 (2 months!) you have your choice between building one of the two items below. Whichever you choose, this must be an entirely new custom not previously shared before. Feel free to share work in progress pictures here, but label your final post as "FINAL ENTRY" and give us your five best pictures (the first one you post I will use as the entry picture for the forums vote when we finish).

Star Wars Self Custom:

As the name implies, if you choose this challenge you will be showing us a self custom of you as your favorite Star Wars Character. Don the robes of your favorite Jedi, perhaps its an Imperial Look your after or do both! Will you choose the prequels, original trilogy, or perhaps even give yourself and Episode 7 look? Minimum requirements are one custom action figure at least 3 and 3/4 in scale, but 6", and 12" are fair game as far as I am concerned too. Feel free to create custom accessories or a mini-diorama to go with your new Star Wars outfit. I would also love to see you create an original name and even back story if you have the time. Please also include a picture of yourself as reference so we can see how close you were able to get!

Scratchbuilt Vehicle Challenge:

Ground or space worthy ship or vehicle, this one is also wide open too. Feel free to create an orignial design, kitbash two or more existing ships together, build it from the ground up, etc. Keep one dimension at least 6" long (if its close include a pic of your finished vehicle beside a ruler for scale) for at least one side as this can be done in pretty much any scale. Remember, this one can be metal, plastic, wood or a combination in between. Any Star Wars Verse is fair game too (including what is now being referred to as LEGENDS, but what most of us still call Expanded Universe). I can't wait to see what folks do for this one. Feel free to include any reference images so we can see how close or what your inspiration was!

If you have any questions about either one fire away and I will answer them as I envision this trying to be fair to all entrants and the vision of the challenge vote that caused us to do both of these at once.

Once the entry phase is completed I will be creating a separate post with a poll so folks can vote for their favorite by the forums members.

I am also excited to announce that prizes for this one will be donated by non other than TS Hobbies himself and stay tuned for a better update as the challenge unfolds. Lets just say it is going to be fantastic!

1st Place has a choice of one of our ship acrylic display stands.
You can view those here. http://www.tshobbies.com/Toy-stands_c294.htm

2nd Place ,choice of the following 6" figure stands or collection plaque if you dont collect 6" figures:

3rd place will receive one of our 6" figure stands in black or clear acrylic,your choice,and choice of emblem.

Here is a sample of the award each will receive:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:15:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Star Wars Self Custom/Scratch-built Vehicle Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
oooooooooh.  So excited!

Offline TSHobbies

• Lieutenant
  • Impressive!
    • TS Hobbies
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 05:21:16 PM »
Hey folks, just taking a moment to post the prizes. Looks like an exciting contest with a wide range of possibilities. Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.
First off, 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive an acrylic laser engraved award with the Imperial Shipyards logo along with the name of the contest and of course what place you won.
Prizes ,along with the award are as follows:

1st Place has a choice of one of our ship acrylic display stands.
You can view those here. http://www.tshobbies.com/Toy-stands_c294.htm

2nd Place ,choice of the following 6" figure stands or collection plaque if you dont collect 6" figures

Offline TSHobbies

• Lieutenant
  • Impressive!
    • TS Hobbies
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
3rd place will receive one of our 6" figure stands in black or clear acrylic,your choice,and choice of emblem.

Offline TSHobbies

• Lieutenant
  • Impressive!
    • TS Hobbies
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »
here is a sample of the award each will receive

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »
Game on! Really nice prizes for this challenge. Thank TSHobbies.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:59 AM »
I'm in and great prizes TSHobbies.

I have one little question, is the Scratchbuilt Vehicle Challenge is the length only allowed to be 6" or are we allowed to go longer.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »
I have one little question, is the Scratchbuilt Vehicle Challenge is the length only allowed to be 6" or are we allowed to go longer.

Ron

Ron, that is just a minimum length. I am hoping folks go a bit larger personally.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 04:36:29 AM »
This will be awesome! The prizes look great. Its time for me to go to Home Depot, and get crackin'.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:25:11 AM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »

Ron

Ron, that is just a minimum length. I am hoping folks go a bit larger personally.

Hey Shawn, thanks heaps mate now I can start on my build.

Ron

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
Scratchbuilt Vehicle Challenge:
Keep your scale at least 6" long (if its close include a pic of your finished vehicle beside a ruler for scale) for at least one dimension.

I'm hoping you mean the vehicle can be any scale, but one of the vehicle's dimensions must be at least 6 inches.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:06:40 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:46 AM »
Most certainly Sjefke, let me go change that so its not confusing.

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 06:17:13 AM »
Ground or space worthy ship or vehicle, this one is also wide open too. Feel free to create an orignial design, kitbash two or more existing ships together, build it from the ground up, etc. Keep one dimension at least 6" long (if its close include a pic of your finished vehicle beside a ruler for scale) for at least one side as this can be done in pretty much any scale. Remember, this one can be metal, plastic, wood or a combination in between. Any Star Wars Verse is fair game too (including what is now being referred to as LEGENDS, but what most of us still call Expanded Universe). I can't wait to see what folks do for this one. Feel free to include any reference images so we can see how close or what your inspiration was

Does that mean, that only "pure" scratch-built vehicles are allowed or are also massive improved "out of the box" Hasbro models allowed ?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 08:10:19 AM »
Ground or space worthy ship or vehicle, this one is also wide open too. Feel free to create an orignial design, kitbash two or more existing ships together, build it from the ground up, etc. Keep one dimension at least 6" long (if its close include a pic of your finished vehicle beside a ruler for scale) for at least one side as this can be done in pretty much any scale. Remember, this one can be metal, plastic, wood or a combination in between. Any Star Wars Verse is fair game too (including what is now being referred to as LEGENDS, but what most of us still call Expanded Universe). I can't wait to see what folks do for this one. Feel free to include any reference images so we can see how close or what your inspiration was

Does that mean, that only "pure" scratch-built vehicles are allowed or are also massive improved "out of the box" Hasbro models allowed ?

Create an orignial design, kitbash two or more existing ships together, build it from the ground up, etc. Keep one dimension at least 6" long

We were thinking more along the lines of scratch-built but you could bash as least two or even more Hasbro type ships together to come up with a new design (like the uglies I have seen).

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
  Started mocking up my vehicle. Sort of a corellian corvette variant.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:01:00 PM by JDeck »