Author Topic: Celebration Anaheim Hasbro Q and A  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Celebration Anaheim Hasbro Q and A
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
First off we would like to thank Jeff Labovitz and Joe Ninivaggi from Hasbro’s Star Wars team for giving us a few minutes during a very busy Celebration and for answering the questions within the limits they were given. I think our site reporter Todd Mullin did a bang up job getting over 20 questions posed within the time limits and it was really great to hear that some of these offerings may be happening in the near future.

Q: You have created some awesome figures in the form of the six inch Boba Fett, Bossk, and IG-88. Can we go to sleep at night knowing you have the rest of the Bounty Hunters (Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4LOM) on tap for the six inch line in the near future?

A: We'll get to them. Black Series is around to stay. We'll certainly get to those guys. Nothing short term, but  we are gonna be minding those classics for years to come. What are the bounty hunters without Dengar.

Q: Your six inch R2-D2 seems to be pretty well received. What are the chances we will see other astro-mech domes and astro-mech offerings in the six inch Black Series?

A: Good question, there is nothing on tap at the moment. Once we see new domes we get from entertainment (maybe a BB or a Chopper supplied by our reporter). Those would all be excellent choices.

Q: Is there a chance we will see the realistic-style Captain Rex with removable helmet and cloth kama as shown as a prototype on the pegs?

A: We would love too. We would love to do a six inch Captain Rex, realistic would be great. He is certainly on our short list. We'll get to him.

Q: Will you still be releasing 3 3/4" figures with full (*not* 5 poa) articulation going forward?

A: Anything Fall 15 and beyond we really can't talk about right now. Please wait and see.

Q:  Why is the new 6" Leia in Boussh outfit so much larger than the Leia Slave outfit? Is there a plan to ensure these scale issues we are seeing pop up will be corrected going forward?

A: We'll talk to our team about that. We are not aware of a big descrepancy. We understand there are some size differences.

Q: We have heard that Walgreens is to get another exclusive this year. Any hints? Empire or Rebel? Bounty hunter?

A: Anything Fall 15 we can't talk about. They will definitely have one, just nothing specific to talk about now.

Q: Do they plan on doing the entire OTC in 6inch for the foreseeable future?

A: That's quite a loaded question. In my lifetime I hope so. Do we keep on doing classic figures as well an new entertainment? Oh yes, we have no plans to stop doing figures based on the original movies or prequels and we have no plans to stop doing figures based on original movies.

Q: I was really excited to see Clone Commander Wolffe coming out until I saw its height problem. What is that about?

A: We'll have to go back to the team.  We are not aware of a significant height issue.

Q: In a previous Q and A, you had hinted that playsets were not out of the “realm of possibilities” now. Can we get any hints on what this might entail?

A: Again, not out of the realm of possiblities. Stay tuned. We love playsets and there are plenty of room for them in the line for years to come, vehicles that turn into playsets, playsets that are environments, all sorts of oppurtunites are out there. Its exciting.

Q: Some of us have been saving our POPS for awhile now, is there any chance we might see a mail in offer like a redemption figure anytime in the future?

A: Nothing planned right now. Those kinds of mail in offers are cool to do. We will definitely consider it, but nothing in short term.

Q:  Where is the 6” C3PO we were supposed to get in the six inch line awhile back? When is he slated for release? Can you explain the problems associated with getting this character the much needed vac metal paint job treatment?

A: Yes, he is definitely on the short list. He will be released eventually.  Fall 15 and beyond we can't say specifically. He is an A List Character beloved by all so we will get to him.

Q: You hinted that we might even see a slightly larger vehicle size for the six inch figures. So when are we getting a TIE Fighter or X-Wing? Heck, go ahead and make an AT-AT! When are we getting a new vehicle or vehicle in this scale?

A: A six inch AT-AT would be very big. How large would that be? Six inch is a great scale and perfect for figures and vehicles.

Q:  Are we going to see an end to the Saga Legends and Mission Series Lines as rumors are persisting about now? Any hints on what might be replacing these or are they going to be cancelled all together?

A: Again Fall 15 we can't really talk about, but we love three and three quarter inch.

Q: Is there any chance we might see a continuation of the vintage line anytime soon? It is sorely missed!

A: Its not in the short term plans, but certainly there is plenty of time to go back to. There are lots of characters we didn't get to in vintage and will certainly revisit when the time is right.

Q: There wasn’t a Celebration Anaheim Star Wars Exclusive, Is it safe to assume there will be no exclusive for SDCC too?

A: Yes, there is a plan to do a San Deigo Comic-Con Exclusive.

Q:  Is there any chance we can expect new clone wars figures from characters that appear in the 4 episode clone wars arc that wil be released at star wars celebration?

A: There are more Clone Wars Figures that are on our short list. Stay tuned.

Q:  Any chance we could see a 6” Scale Dewback or Escape Pod Accesory?

A: A Dewback would be cool. Thats a good idea. Duly noted. Thats a good idea. I would like that.

Q:  Are we going to get the 6" Han in Carbonite that was offered as an exclusive?

A: Who knows, not likely. We put that with Boba Fett at San Diego. Never say never.

Q: Any plans for 2-packs to have accessories that are NOT made of cardboard (ex: Han v. Greedo)?

A: Our theme packs, yes possiblity. We always like to do scene recreations and stuff like that.

Q: Any chance we are going to see Gamorrean or Imperial Guards ROTJ for the six inch line?

A: Yes, definitely possible.

Q:  Will they be making figures from the official Marvel comics now that Marvel is back with the Star Wars Team?

A: Anything that is cannon is open for us right now. We have been reading the books and comics and there are some great characters. Nothing specific on the short list, but it is definitely open. We are reading and waiting to see.

Once again look for us to try and get a few more specifics from the Brand Team when we go back after em at San Diego Comic Con. And I will also say that I will be listing the full audio interview up for your perusal when I get a chance as this we a quick download and type today so I could get you some answers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:56:38 PM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Anaheim Hasbro Q and A
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
Pretty positive.
We are fixing to see a Star Wars explosion, folks

Thanks, Shawn

Offline CandyBlues

• Ensign
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »
Some Pretty positive feed back, for the most part.
I for one look forward to the coming years. 

Offline TSHobbies

• Lieutenant
  • Impressive!
    • TS Hobbies
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
I agree, sounds very positive for the future of the line..though ,I find it very hard to believe they didnt know about the size difference in the Leias...sounds like they just didnt want to admit they screwed that up.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
Sounds like we will hang in untill fall to see which way the 3 3/4" lines are headed.
I have a bad feeling about this when it comes to articulation.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 02:31:42 AM »
I agree, sounds very positive for the future of the line..though ,I find it very hard to believe they didnt know about the size difference in the Leias...sounds like they just didnt want to admit they screwed that up.

Yeah, I am sure other Fan Sites probably hit them up about the Boushh Leia and Wolffe already. They didn't seem to think there was an issue with the Vader bucket when it was released either. I guess its easier than admit there are some issues although they did slightly admit that to the Leia which surprised me a bit.

Offline NickD

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:58:00 AM »
I find the answers a little non committal, which I can understand and wouldn't expect more from Hasbro. However I'm sad they've contradicted what they gave as answers on Jedi Temple Archives. They stated their that they know Boussh Leia was too tall as they said they felt she needed "more presence" and that they got her height wrong due to feedback from collectors. Quite what presence means I don't know.

I actually with my other collector friends passed on the R2 6-inch Black Series as it was such a disappointment with the paint apps, the wrong shaped dome and the fact it was far too small.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:00:34 AM by NickD »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:53:35 AM »
Say what you want folks. They said yes to a lot of things this time out. They of course couldn't say when because of the gag order, but frankly I think folks ought to have some small smiles on their faces for months to come. I really came out of the Q and A feeling like even though the new movies are coming and will no doubt have most of their emphasis there. We are gonna get OTC, Prequel, The Clone Wars, Etc to still get to a broad range of things we all love.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 05:29:13 AM »
Thanks for asking my question about Wolffe. I knew they'd have no clue!