Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 98001 times)

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 12, 2016
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:49 AM »
I'm tired of exclusives; every time SA 3.75" is mentioned, it's always an exclusive! Why do they have such a downer on SA 3.75" anyway? He says he knows how popular they are, but the production and distribution contradict that statement.

They are so frustrating; not only from a consumer point of view, but also as a business. I don't get their direction. In the past year they have churned out so much plastic rubbish, just after they were producing some of the best stuff they had made in years (VC).

I just don't get it (?).

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2016, 08:28:08 AM »
My opinion is that Hasbro knows 3.75" SA collectors are loyal lifelong fans. Now that Star Wars is relevant again, they need new fans, like kids (5poa), or new collectors (6"). Once Star Wars dies down in relevance, after ep.9, they'll start focusing on lifelong fans again. Like they did after ep.3. Besides it takes longer to produce SA figures than it does to make a new Sw movie. That's just my assessment, I could be wrong. Either way they're feeling the heat.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2016, 08:50:07 AM »
I agree JDeck.
And as always in business; loyal fans get strung along, while they seek new customers. My problem with that is, the fans that want original trilogy figures that still haven't been produced yet, well: None of us are getting any younger! I don't want to be only just completing my figure collection when I'm 90 something.

My other gripe is that the SA 3.75" figures that they are producing are only available as Walmart exclusives, and are turning up on the secondhand market for stupid money. That can't be good business for Hasbro or Walmart (?).

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:48 AM »
  i hear you man.  I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for Hasbro. This round of Q&A seemed a little more optimistic for SA 3.75". I could see other retailers asking for their own "exclusives". Hasbro has to know they're screwing their base.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
Playsets for 6"?
Two words: size - price.

Sometimes it seems like they don't listen to the customer at all, but follow some product idea they are personally fascinated with.
They are detached from the fan base. Very detached. And too many people are kissing their shebs and are content with the crumbs they are feeding us.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
  I would like Hasbro to explain this... 6" is supposed to be so much better, I don't really see it. Geez, what a mug. Found that little comparison shot on JTA. This is why I can't get fully into the 6" Hasbro line.

Apparently they  explained it to Yakface. http://jediinsider.com/index.php?itemid=17620&catid=8
   They said they'll change the lips, eyebrows and hood. But jeez! She needs a total overhaul. If I was Hasbro I wouldn't have even put that on display. Lol. Honestly this isn't the first time they've screwed up a 6" Leia figure. I'd say in most cases the 3.75" look better than their 6" counterparts. Bigger isn't better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:38:27 PM by JDeck »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:26 AM »
Folks I too feel your pain when it comes to the 3.75" line. Personally, from what I am hearing right now Wal-Mart and certain runs like EE's Astro Wave are probably about all we can hope to get as for SA Figs. Sad, but all we can do with these Q and A's is keep asking those questions so they keep hearing it and it will stay relevant. Lets keep after them!

As far as the six inch line it is their premier flagship now. They sent me their SDCC Exclusives yesterday and that Obi Pack is hands down fantastic folks. Watch this and tell me it isn't great!

Its easy to see where their main focus is. I am really enjoying their 6" line personally.

Offline Nicov55

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2016, 07:46:02 AM »
I'm still boycotting their 6" stuff. It does not change anything but it is my way to express the way i feel. I'll keep on buying older 3.75 stuff an ebay, paying no attention to the 5POA rubish they release while secretely hoping that staff in charge of marketing get sacked or something.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
Of course the SDCC exclusives look good. Good luck getting one though. If they constantly made 6"  product like that all the time, I'd be all over it.  For me the two biggest problems with the 6" figures are face paint applications and the joints. Not to mention they sometimes get the scale wrong (R2& Boushh Leia).  I don't like the soft plastic vinyl they use. It sucks for armor or droids, and it warps. Last Q&A my question was, if they'd consider using a harder plastic. No answer. Guess not,  cuts overall cost.  In 3.75" scale these problems are negligible, but they are amplified in 6" scale. They can hit some home runs, but they strike out too. I'd say 1 in every wave is a homer. That's just me, according to them they've exceeded expectations. What do I know.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:41:44 PM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »
Try building a squad of troopers in 6" and estimate the cost.
One word: prohibitive.

Try customizing by using parts from 3 or 4 different figures.
One word: prohibitive.

Hasbro has no, mark my words, no idea about our requirements or they simply don't care.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2016, 06:32:04 AM »
 Here's some interesting news http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18324

I also heard Hasbro was surveying people at sdcc on whether they prefer the Vintage collection or the Black Series 3.75&6". http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18327
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:53:47 AM by JDeck »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:50 AM »
I read that yesterday too, time to spread the news. It would sure be cool to get it back.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
Interesting results for JTA's figure poll. http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18342

TVC won hands down for first choice. duh! However I'm surprised BAD didn't score a little higher for second choice. 6" came in high on 4th choice. I hope Hasbro takes a gander at these results.
  I would think a Build A figure line would be advantageous for retailers, and Hasbro. There would be a lower possibility for peg warmers, as you need all the figures to make the BAF.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:27:01 PM by JDeck »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:45 AM »
In response to the Forbes article about an exciting announcement for the Black Series Exclusives I got a reply back yesterday that said to stay tuned.

I am hoping that article wasn't simply mentioning the EE Exclusive Astro-Mech Set. Earth shattering it was not.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2016, 08:45:46 PM »
Not sure if you guys have ordered from Galactic Trading Post... but after getting these, I am not so concerned about playsets from Hasbro anymore... anything they would come up with would fall short of this...