Poll

What is your top choice for our 2014 Birthday Bash Custom Challenge Idea?

Custom figure(s) with Mini-rig
Celebrating custom characters in a (mini)dio
Ultimate Version custom character (3¾" scale)
Pre-90s EU era
Star Wars TV/Cinema crossovers
Director's cut
I'm with the band
Exotic beasts (perhaps with custom made handler/rider?)
Halloween
Jedi/Sith Duels
Bounty Hunter Trophy
Old Marvel Era customs
Death and Destruction on the Battlefield
Gungan Piñata Party
Custom made team/squad (3+ figures)
genetic and cybernetic experiment customs

Author Topic: 2014 Birthday Custom Challenge Poll  (Read 8983 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
2014 Birthday Custom Challenge Poll
« on: September 21, 2014, 04:18:27 AM »

Just a ton of great custom ideas were generated and I loved the participation in the idea thread alone. Remember to refer to this thread:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9393.msg177550#msg177550

And scroll through the descriptions should you not understand the poll choice. Once we have our poll winner (one week) we will flesh out the exact particulars so everyone is one the same playing field and the challenge will commence. I am very excited to see what is chosen and then see what folks build. There is not a bad idea one on this poll!

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
Re: 2014 Birthday Custom Challenge Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
You've got some really interesting categories this time to vote on but I get the feeling the winning vote won't be one of the interesting ideas like Star Wars TV Movie crossovers Or the death and destruction one, but will go to one of the less ambitious sounding ones like Bounty Hunter trophies or ultimates.  :'( hah

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:55:53 PM »
You've got some really interesting categories this time to vote on but I get the feeling the winning vote won't be one of the interesting ideas like Star Wars TV Movie crossovers Or the death and destruction one, but will go to one of the less ambitious sounding ones like Bounty Hunter trophies or ultimates.  :'( hah

Perhaps we can roll some of the unused ideas from this contest into the next one. What do you think Tamer?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
Cast my vote.
I was planning on doing an ultimate version of a figure anyway in the near future, so why not doing one to enter the contest.
Won't keep me from doing a SW/Comic (Movie) crossover anyway. The idea is too good not to do it.
After all, we need to keep the customs rolling, right?
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »

Perhaps we can roll some of the unused ideas from this contest into the next one. What do you think Tamer?

I like the sound of that!

Just a few more days to cast your vote. Looks like Spry's ultimate version idea is garnering the most interest so far!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 02:55:21 AM »
I almost forgot to announce that we have new prizes for this donated by our Sideshow Gal and a Store Site that isn't even a sponsor yet: Beyond Mortality Toys.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »
Looks like Spry's ultimate version idea is garnering the most interest so far!
I agree.  Ultimate version sounded so interesting that I didn't even vote for my own suggestion.
I would like to know more specifics,  but I guess that should wait until after the voting is complete.  It looks like there was a surge of interest for the mini dio option last night.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:17:09 AM by Sjefke »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 06:32:47 AM »
Hey, if Ultimate version idea wins how about opening the contest up to include the new 6" scale Star Wars figures too. I have a couple of them and have some ideas to make Ultimate versions out of them.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »

That could be interesting. Personally I don't have any real issue with Bounty Hunter customs or Ultimates but these are the two things that a lot of us  customizers on this site make anyway when there isn't a contest. And unless I'm mistaken didnt was just have an Ultimates contest recently.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 02:14:31 AM »
Folks thats the thing about polls and voting in general. Hopefully your top choice wins, but it might not. I kinda felt that way about the last presidential election I voted in. And people feel free to garner support for your favorite idea. Post links to this on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. feeds and encourage folks to vote the same way you would like. It is nice to see a good number of folks in here voting too (I would still like to see more than 39 members cast their votes though). Thanks to all who took the time to vote for this.

I still think this is better than me just saying, ok this is what our theme for this birthday challenge is gonna be. There are a ton of cool ideas in here and I really think they are broad enough for folks to have enough creative freedom to make some awesome stuff.

I am also still adding prizes to this and it will be way bigger in that regard than last years contest. We will have two grand prizes (selected by a panel of guest judges) and a bevy of random prizes for folks to enjoy. I have put a lot of behind the scenes work into this, not to mention a lot of dollars out of my own pocket, to make sure folks can get something nice by being a part of this. I am really digging the positivity here and really want to roll with that right into the challenge itself. It might take me a day to flesh out the idea that wins into some set parameters like we are used too, but I am gonna try not to change the description too much.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 05:34:20 AM »
Sounds great to me, Tamer.

Bythe way: I recently bought from BEYOND MORTALITY TOYS through Facebook. Martin is a great guy to deal with and I'll surely be back shopping with him. Great to see him as a site sponsor.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 07:20:16 AM »
WoW! I just checked the tally and it's almost neck and neck with a few of them. I feel like I'm watching a 'Saints' game.

All I got to say is I don't care what we do it's the 'Birthday' contest so I'll be there.

This is ,like, my third contest and I think they're fun. I was unsure about entering the first time, but once you get into it it's fun. Getting a challenge that pulls you out of your element is a good thing. I know a lot of people are restricted by time. I had that problem too for a while, but if you got the time try it.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to this comp and can't wait to get started.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 02:59:03 AM »
Ok, I am locking down the voting. Looks like Spry's Ultimate was the favorite here. I will get his description fleshed out and hopefully get this posted in a day or so.