Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88994 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Vaylin & Lana Beniko)
« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »
As an avid SWTOR player I love the past few customs. That Lana Beniko is pitch-perfect!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #541 on: February 06, 2017, 02:25:33 AM »
These are great customs! I am also a big fan of Knights of the Old Republic and The Old Republic! Last week I finished the first novel of Darth Bane - Path of Destruction! I can highly recommend this book espcially chapters 22 & 23 in which it is described how Bane studies a holocron of Revan.

Your Darth Sion is one of my favorites! In my opinion he is one of the hardest characters to customize as figure.

And your lightsabers look excellent! I've been doing some experiments on these, too. I will show the results on my custom figure thread...have you used four of the (pale) green lightsabers or have you molded and casted them with clear epoxy? Best regards!

- Philipp

Thank you, I love KOTOR though personally not big on SWTOR just because I don't like MMOs, but I love reading the stories, character bios, and books to keep up with what is going on, well until DISNEY(!) took over... I hear Bane is great read, that trilogy is one I have nor gotten to, but again since Disney took over I stopped reading EU because I only have like 1 or 2 dozen novels left to read, and don't want to hit the end of my Star Wars, but will get to it someday.

Thanks again, I wouldn't say he was hard to make per se, but I definitely had to be patent finding the right parts. I've seen many made with shirtless Darth Maul figures, and to me it never looks right, too small, not very muscular, and stingy to use he same head, with that ugly open mouth. So when Draxx came along, I bought him and Star lord in bulk for $5 each, I thought perfection! The size, and dimensions where pretty spot on, even the larger thighs, in comparison to the Star Lord boots. However washes can be a pain, gotta mix the right amount of water in to get the the look for each individual character right.

And thanks again ;D All the sabers pictured are the same pale green saber shown on the far left, from a Black series Luminara Unduli to be specific. Will go check out your thread, and see what you've been up to.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #542 on: February 06, 2017, 02:30:22 AM »
I think you did a great job on Lana Beniko ! i have always been into  the old republic and knights of the old republic and love when any customizer does a custom from that period . Keep them coming !

Thanks mr.Jedi1977, will do! Big fan of the Old Republic Era myself, and it's also pretty popular so figure sales are generally better.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2017, 02:39:29 AM »
I think you did excellently with these two. They look like good representations of the characters, and the parts you chose work really well.

Thanks DarthDrew, character accuracy is one of my highest priorities, and if I've learned anything it's patently wait for the right parts to reveal themselves, especially when I've been pushing purposefully use figures with joints that are the same color as I want the finished product's to be. Makes the prices go up a bit, but the quality directly goes with it when the figures joints won't wear.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #544 on: February 06, 2017, 02:43:11 AM »
As an avid SWTOR player I love the past few customs. That Lana Beniko is pitch-perfect!

Thanks Kualan, means a lot when I'm not in love with my Lana design, really just the cloak, but I'll take an avid SWTOR player's word on it.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #545 on: February 06, 2017, 03:04:43 AM »
Two more today, then I think you guys are caught up on all my figures here. Technically both are KOTOR characters, but one is from the comics, and one is from a video game (completely different stories). First I'll start with the one from KOTOR II, Mira, a bounty hunter companion from Nar Shaddaa. One of my favorite parts about KOTOR II is you can pretty much make all you companions jedi, and they'll be known as the Lost Jedi that will rebuild the order after the First Jedi Purge. Made her from a slave Leia body with an Aurra Sing vest, and Juno eclipse arms, and legs. Painted the vest black like the arms to look like a jacket, then sculpt the hair, and wrist cannon thing.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-KOTOR-Mira-3-75in-figure-sith-jedi-mandalorian-nihilus-darth-EU-/351968411966?hash=item51f2f3c13e:g:lMYAAOSwnHZYjIYE
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:36:20 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #546 on: February 06, 2017, 03:17:26 AM »
Next from the KOTOR comics, Jedi Covenant Seer Xamar. This on is a number of different parts, legs are from Miiyoom Onith (because they're short), body ANH Luke, arms from some Indiana Jones figure, and head is from a Boss Fight blank. I sculpt most of the belt, his ears, and tendrils on his face. Soft goods are just what I had laying around.

If anyone is interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-KOTOR-Jedi-Seer-Xamar-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-darth-EU-/351972345408?hash=item51f32fc640:g:eyoAAOSw44BYkzWl
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:40:26 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Xamar and Mira)
« Reply #547 on: February 06, 2017, 03:45:28 AM »
Off to share your latest updates and auctions.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Xamar and Mira)
« Reply #548 on: February 21, 2017, 11:21:54 PM »
Falling behind again, I just get distracted, nearly forgot to vote next custom challenge even. Anyway, lets start with these SWTOR Sith Warriors. Going to make a small production of these to supply multiples for those interested, but it tops out at 5 of them. Would have liked to change the chest piece when character accuracy is very important to me, but the figure has a very odd shaped torso, I tried switching it with a few others, but they just didn't look right. On the bright side it cuts the material cost making them cheaper for those interested.

If anyone is interested they're listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-SWTOR-Sith-Warrior-3-75in-figure-mandalorian-jedi-darth-EU-/351988431730?hash=item51f4253b72:g:lwoAAOSw3v5YrRF6
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:27:45 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (SWTOR Sith Warriors)
« Reply #549 on: February 22, 2017, 03:33:45 AM »
Thanks for voting, we are trying to get past 30 votes so we can start this up.

Off to share your latest and your auction.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2017, 12:14:20 AM »
Amazing work! I really love how Mira and especially Xamar turned out. You do an excellent job with sculpting and your eye for parts combinations is really good.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #551 on: February 26, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »
Thanks for voting, we are trying to get past 30 votes so we can start this up.

Off to share your latest and your auction.

I saw that you changed it to 30, a bit more realistic I guess, highest turnout I think I've seen in my time here is 32, I'll have to see where it's at now, haven't checked since I voted.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »
Amazing work! I really love how Mira and especially Xamar turned out. You do an excellent job with sculpting and your eye for parts combinations is really good.

Thanks Starchaser, I try to be patent, and let inspiration strike either by researching characters, or looking at figures.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
Two updates today, both requested by customers. First, 3 Clone Wars style Nightsisters, not overly fond the CW Nightsisters myself, for they're one of those instances in the CW where Filoni was given the right to do whatever he wanted, and ruined a culture. Don't understand why Lucas made all the EU writers obligated to work with each other, and build on each other's work, but then give the insane the keys to the asylum? Anyway, made them all from CW Asajj Ventress figures, swapped a head, some feet, and some minor sculpting. Made all the weapons from scratch, the bow string even glows in the dark.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #554 on: February 26, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »
Second is Karness Muur, one of the original Sith Lords. Exiled from the known galaxy with fellow Dark Jedi for causing the Hundred-Year Darkness, where in unknown regions found the Sith (species), and declared themselves Sith Lords. A favorite story of mine, describing why they're known as Sith Lords, during the Prequels I always wondered "Lord of what?" when there were currently only two at a time. Made him from an Imperial Navy Commander, with a Boss Fight blank balled head, and some G.I. Joe armor. A lot of sculpt went into this one, tried to get as much detail as possible, notice the Lightsaber hilt even. Love the way he turned out, might be one of my best to date.