Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89020 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Darth Azard)
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
Second is a companion from KOTOR, Mission Vao who helped a broken Revan escape sith occupied Taris. The base is Barris Offee, with the arms, and head from a light blue Boss Fight female blank, so the arms don't wear. I sculpt her Lekku, but I think I put them too far forward on the head, made it so the headband had to be low, not as character accurate as I'd like, but I'll try her again sometime.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-KOTOR-Mission-Vao-3-75in-figure-sith-jedi-revan-mandalorian-EU-/351965129025?hash=item51f2c1a941:g:mgkAAOSwjDZYh6sz
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:21:34 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Darth Ruyn, Mission Vao)
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2017, 02:28:50 AM »
They look great. Off to share both and your auctions.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Darth Ruyn, Mission Vao)
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
Thanks Tamer, today I think I have one of my best, Darth Sion from KOTOR II. Sion was a casualty of the Great Sith War (Exar Kun War), but in facing certain death he found that calling on all his pain, anger, and hatred, he could acheave immortality at the cost of eternal agony. He's mostly a Marvel Univers Draxx with Starlord lower legs, then dremeled the cuts into the figure (dremeled the jawline too, Sion's isn't as square as Draxx), accentuated them with a knife, black washed them so they're visible under any light. Disappointed with the skin tone a bit, too grey, next time I think I'll add some more flesh tone to it, and the right eye is till a little too big.

If anyone is interested he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Darth-Sion-3-75in-figure-sith-jedi-mandalorian-revan-nihilus-EU-/351967060726?hash=item51f2df22f6:g:ijIAAOSw2xRYimSV
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:23:25 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Darth Sion)
« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2017, 05:03:03 PM »
Wow you created a brilliant version of Darth Sion! The figure looks very much like the original character in KOTOR II! And I think Sion in specific is a very demanding one to recreate as action figure...very nice job also on Mission Vao! I really have to play KOTOR II again!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #529 on: January 27, 2017, 03:29:33 AM »
Wow, I think you nailed it. I think the flesh is perfect too from what I envision this character. Off to share it and your auction.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
nice details on the scarred and battered body

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #531 on: February 04, 2017, 03:50:02 AM »
Wow you created a brilliant version of Darth Sion! The figure looks very much like the original character in KOTOR II! And I think Sion in specific is a very demanding one to recreate as action figure...very nice job also on Mission Vao! I really have to play KOTOR II again!

Thanks legion078, I was going for the original design, personally not fond of the Force Unleashed design that seems to be a bit more popular for some reason, and I should play KOTOR II again as well. I play the first like every other year, but haven't played the second for like 5 years now.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #532 on: February 04, 2017, 03:52:37 AM »
Wow, I think you nailed it. I think the flesh is perfect too from what I envision this character. Off to share it and your auction.

Thanks Tamer, I suppose the skin looks good in the darker pics, took some lighter ones, but they just didn't feel right, for every time you encounter Sion in the game it's pretty dark.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #533 on: February 04, 2017, 03:53:49 AM »
nice details on the scarred and battered body

Thanks Foxtrot Delta, I really appreciate it.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #534 on: February 04, 2017, 04:06:12 AM »
Falling a bit behind here, and I think I skipped showing a figure, but I'll catch things up starting with two figures today. First is Vaylin from SWTOR. Made her from a Deena Shan, with a different belt, and head. Her cloak is modified from a black robe, but I'm not overly fond of how large it is, thinking I'll have another go at her sometime, and sculpt the cloak. The lightsaber was a pale green blade, that I panted with Tamiya Clear Yellow, the last pic is trying the same thing with orange, and red, works pretty well, but the initial color must be pale.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-SWTOR-Vaylin-3-75in-figure-sith-jedi-mandalorian-darth-EU-/351972308077?hash=item51f32f346d:g:mpAAAOSwTglYkylm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:25:45 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #535 on: February 04, 2017, 04:12:03 AM »
Second is another from SWTOR Lana Beniko. I think I nailed her look, she's a Juno Eclipse, with Vader arms, and a different head. The rest is sculpt, last picture comparing the sculpt to the finished product.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-SWTOR-Lana-Beniko-3-75in-figure-sith-jedi-mandalorian-darth-EU-/351972388776?hash=item51f3306fa8:g:rBkAAOSwNnRYk0SU
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:30:07 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Vaylin & Lana Beniko)
« Reply #536 on: February 04, 2017, 06:45:14 AM »
These are great customs! I am also a big fan of Knights of the Old Republic and The Old Republic! Last week I finished the first novel of Darth Bane - Path of Destruction! I can highly recommend this book espcially chapters 22 & 23 in which it is described how Bane studies a holocron of Revan.

Your Darth Sion is one of my favorites! In my opinion he is one of the hardest characters to customize as figure.

And your lightsabers look excellent! I've been doing some experiments on these, too. I will show the results on my custom figure thread...have you used four of the (pale) green lightsabers or have you molded and casted them with clear epoxy? Best regards!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Both look great. Off to share in the right places.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »
I think you did a great job on Lana Beniko ! i have always been into  the old republic and knights of the old republic and love when any customizer does a custom from that period . Keep them coming !

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #539 on: February 04, 2017, 10:45:10 PM »
I think you did excellently with these two. They look like good representations of the characters, and the parts you chose work really well.