Author Topic: Bronxstalker's customs (Pg 37:6" Ven Zallow)  (Read 85777 times)

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
    • Bronxstalkers Facebook page
Bronxstalker's customs (Pg 37:6" Ven Zallow)
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »
Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker and have decided to bite the bullet and join and start posting.  I only have about a year under my belt customizing, and my earlier stuff isn't even worth showing.
Now, I have  a couple that might be of interest to show.  I still don't have a lot to post at the moment, and I'm hesitant to post them, but what the heck, might as well.
Like I said, not many for now, but hopefully I'll add more (or at the very least, my works in progress).

Here's my attempt at a Sith lord that is purely influenced by Sithfire30.  He really is a mixture of different characters, so he doesn't have a name.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:37:08 AM by Bronxstalker »

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
Re: Bronxstalker's customs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »
Here's a mandalorian I put together from a snake eyes figure using a boba fett head.  Some sculpt and total repaint.  Just like the first custom, he has no name.  I really suck at coming up with cool names.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:48 PM »
And, here goes my custom take on Snake Eyes.  This one is a 6" figure using Drax as the base figure.  The helmet is totally scuplted, and there's some minor sculpt on the rest of the body.  The sword is custom made out of styrene sheet and the scabbard is made from a pen's casing.

Hope you enjoy.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
These customs look sweet dude. I foresee a great sculptor in you. ;) You should post your other ones i promise i won't make fun. you should see my old ones. Yeesh.

By the way welcome to the yards
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:36:05 PM »
Those are some cool customs, and hey don't be shy about showing earlier (failed) attempts, we've all been there. I have some early failed attempts I'm still hoping to one day remedy.
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »
Well I am glad you posted. I am really liking that Mandalorian. Off to share this the front page.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:39:31 AM »
Ok.  Here goes my very first custom.  Bear in mind, that back when I did this, I had no idea about the various customizing tricks.  I didn't know about sculpting, which paints to use,etc.
Being the first without knowing the customizing world that I would delve into, this one is simply a straight repaint and nothing else, over an old Firefly figure.  You can tell that I didn't even sand down Firefly's mask. At the time, I literally only bought red and black paint from Michael's.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 07:50:19 AM »
Here goes my second customization ever.  I still knew little about the tricks of the trade, and I wish I knew more back then, because otherwise, I thought he came out pretty good all things considering.  However, since I did not know the tricks of the trade, I ended up using sculpty instead of Aves apoxie (which is what I now use).  The sculpty was a pain to use, I had to keep baking him which left the figure "loose".  As a newbie, I still had trouble with the painting, and while you have to really look close in the image to see it, in person, it's easy to see the imperfections in the paint job.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 07:56:49 AM »
Here's my attempt at Taskmaster.  This one I think didn't come out too bad, but it could have been better.  I messed up because I started with sculpty, and then found out about Aves, and finished him using Aves.  However, I was still learning, and didn't wait at least 30-60 minutes to let the apoxie to hardened a bit before using it.
I was also still not comfortable sculpting, so things like his arm bands, leg armor, etc....came out nothing like what's on Taskmaster.
I was also really horrible at painting, and had trouble using white paint and straight black lines.  Honestly, even today, I have trouble with light colors and straight lines.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »
What can I say.....I really like Deadpool.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »
This update looks great!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
Thanks.  I'll post some more in a bit, but what's left is not much and minor.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »
Cool figures! Really like your Deadpool's and that Snake Eyes sculpt. Welcome to the yards!

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
Cool figures! Really like your Deadpool's and that Snake Eyes sculpt. Welcome to the yards!

Thanks.  Glad to be here...awesome site.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
I think Taskmaster is my favorite, but they are all really good! Welcome to the Yards!