Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME FOUR 19/08/2015 - ECHOES OF THE PAST PT. 3!  (Read 21181 times)

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
Another excellent chapter, this is truly a remarkable series and treasure of the hobby! Your cinematography is beautiful and your pacing absolutely spot on! Needless to say at this point, I adore your characterizations of our classic heroes and love your original creations! Know that I will be an unwavering fan for as long as you continue to produce this awesome comic!!!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Glad that you guys are still enjoying this series four whole volumes into it. I knew in early issues when I had Grievous and Tok exchange insults in their first meeting that I wanted those two to cross blades before the end of the Volume - and as far as I know we've never seen Grievous' four blades fight a double-bladed lightsaber before so it will be interesting choreographing that fight for the next issue.

I'm not sure how many issues will be left in the finale arc for Volume Four - two at the very least, though not all plot threads will be tied up as neatly as they have in past volumes. Some characters and storylines I intend to carry over to a potential Volume Five.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I also like how you are resolving the personal issues between main characters too, like you did in the past issue with Tok and Mace. I can envision Mace being an even tougher Jedi now that he has resolved that particular crisis. It still irritates me a bit that we don't know if he survived or not after ROTS. I for one think he was one Jedi who could survive and wreak some major havoc. Anyhow I like how you are handing some of my favorite CW Characters.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
I've been wanting to read this since you posted it, so I read the last last few installments a little bit ago. I think you do a great job with this series. I'll definitely continue to read!!!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Phew! Long overdue, but here is a preview of the upcoming Volume Four finale - coming soon!

[Preview removed - full issue available below]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:37:58 PM by Kualan »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
It is so great to see an update on this. You know how much I like waiting on new chapters. Thank you Kualan for always writing more. Off to share.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Thanks Tamer!

Here we go folks, the grand finale to Volume Four of Tales From The Clone Wars! This is likely to the be the last in the Clone Wars series for a very long time...but I have other projects in the works that might find their way to a Shipyards near you soon!

Volume Four, Issue Fifteen: Echoes Of The Past Part Three!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Fantastic! Off to share. More comments when I get time to read this on my break today!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, didn't see that coming for Tok. Guess you reap what you sow so to speak. Wow I enjoyed this. Glad to hear another series is coming even if its not TFTCW. You have done a fantastic job keeping that story line alive when it was just abruptly stopped. I enjoyed your view of TCW better than the show, truth be told. Thanks for sharing your graphic and writing artistry with us. I can but wait for your next series.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Wow, didn't see that coming for Tok. Guess you reap what you sow so to speak. Wow I enjoyed this. Glad to hear another series is coming even if its not TFTCW. You have done a fantastic job keeping that story line alive when it was just abruptly stopped. I enjoyed your view of TCW better than the show, truth be told. Thanks for sharing your graphic and writing artistry with us. I can but wait for your next series.

Thank you Tamer! One of the reasons the finale issue took so long to produce was because I kept swaying back and forth on what Tok's final fate should be. I settled on the final version because I felt it balanced the karma Tok deserved with the evolution that Windu and Sarella had taken across the course of the volume - not to mention the growing 'dark side' to the Republic that has become a recurring theme for the series as a whole. I'm really pleased you liked it!

And just as I did with Tok's fate, I keep going back and forth on the fate of the comic as well. More Clone Wars? Not more Clone Wars? The debate rages! Part of me wants to move into new eras of the Star Wars galaxy, but another part of me thinks there's so much more potential to this time period. I'll be taking a short break anyway and see how I feel when I come back to the project anew.

At least that gives me more time to enjoy some of the great stuff taking place on the Shipyards these days.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Well said. I cannot even imagine how long it took to put all this together. I know I have worked for days on just one graphic let alone how you do all of yours and then splice them together, write the dialogue, etc. I know its a huge undertaking to do something like this and you can see the views and how much people like it. I sure wish folks would comment more, but its like trying to get em to vote they just don't!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
Wow, talk about an excellent ending. Excellent job (as always) with this entry; however I have to say those last few frames were by far some of my favorites. I also loved the juxtaposition of the Yoda and Dooku shots, where they face each other. Amazing work!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Glad you enjoyed it Jodo. It's tricky coming up with different ways to convey non-verbal stuff (like that moment between Dooku and Yoda) in comic form.

Folks, after some storyboarding sessions I can announce that 'production' has started on Volume Five of Tales From The Clone Wars! I came up with a plotline that I think is interesting enough to stay in the Clone Wars era for one more volume at least :)

Here's a sneak preview of the first eight pages of Issue One - Brothers In Arms:

EDIT: Preview removed. Full issue can be seen here: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9848.0

I'll post a new topic to launch the volume once Issue One is completed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:13:38 PM by Kualan »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, great stuff. I am out of internet time this morning but rest assured I will give this its due exposure.

So glad to hear this will continue or heck any series from you will be great Kualan!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
I ended up finishing the first issue today (I always seem to work faster with the opening issue of a new volume for some reason), so I'll start up a new thread shortly!