Author Topic: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 6  (Read 3660 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 6
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:06:11 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 6
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
Oh man, what an exciting chapter! love the story, love the look/design of the "Mother Computer" nice touch. The graphics keep getting better and better, Really great stuff Jules!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
Oh my, Jules................Oh my! I just read the last two chapters back to back for the first time and all I can say is outstanding job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »
Awesome, a new chapter! Off to share this in internet land and then I plan to give it a quick read before heading off to work. Thanks for sharing it with us Jules.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 06:44:36 AM »
oh man! this story is FANTASTIC!!!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 03:50:43 AM »
Well I finally have a bit more time to leave some better comments. Wow am I hooked on this story-line. I cannot wait to see what the crew does next. It looks to me like they now have no other choice than to go forward and I am kinda hoping we see some payback on the folks who destroyed the planet. The visual imagery on that by the way is just fantastic. It simply confounds me how someone hasn't grabbed you up to do this for a living. I have never seen anything like it Jules. Thank you for sharing it with us. Off to share again just to make sure everyone knows its here. :D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:59:47 AM »
Jules, I finally caught up and WOW what a read mate everything about it is stunning from the graphics to the story it really draws you in and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Ron

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 10:11:11 AM »
Jules,

I have definitely been behind on current chapters of this story. Once again you have knocked the ball right out of the park. The awesome story compliments the beatiful graphics you have created. The next to last picture (of the scaffold destroyed) is just amazing!! I know I have said this time and time again, but I am dead serious - you should print these out and submit them to a comic company/magazine for a job as not only an illustrator, but as a story writer. That is of course if a career in that field would be an increase in income! Now if you'd have to take a pay cut, then just leave it all to a hobby!!!

Can't wait to see where this story goes.

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »
Jason, your comments have been warmly received. This work is a passion savored and I'm glad you have enjoyed the story so far.

This story poses real challenge for me is it's essentially a Biblical tale, similar to Moses and the Exodus and the coming of the Messiah. As a result my research has to deal with the question: If God can come down from Heaven how can He/She/It allow terrible things to happen?"  Big one, and one that needs to be dealt with in very simple terms, in the same way Lucas dealt with The Force. That was a stroke of pure genius...

Thanks once again for your very kind and thoughtful comment.

Jules

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:57 AM »
Wow, the final installment. Ah it brings a tear to my eye, but all good things must come to an end. Time to go spread the news about this.

Jules you me thinking deep about the god comments this morning and how you are dealing with those types of plot elements for this story. Can't wait to see what these folks do in the aftermath of coming back to find their planet destroyed. The imagery there is just mind numbing. Seeing all that devastation I am left wondering who the bad guys are. I am looking forward to seeing this one hopefully continuing too. I get so hooked on your stories.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
Jason, your comments have been warmly received. This work is a passion savored and I'm glad you have enjoyed the story so far.

This story poses real challenge for me is it's essentially a Biblical tale, similar to Moses and the Exodus and the coming of the Messiah. As a result my research has to deal with the question: If God can come down from Heaven how can He/She/It allow terrible things to happen?"  Big one, and one that needs to be dealt with in very simple terms, in the same way Lucas dealt with The Force. That was a stroke of pure genius...

Thanks once again for your very kind and thoughtful comment.

Jules

Jules,

As a Bible teacher this makes your photonovel even more awesome! I loved the Matrix trilogy for all the religious symbolism.

A thought about your question, I heard a man say once that people often say, "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people." This statement is in error. A truthful statement would be, "Why does God allow bad things to happen to people."  There is only one who is Good.

Well, just a thought.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
As I was looking back over this it hit me what is so familiar about the images. I'm not sure the comic artist's name, but your space images remind me of the artist(s) who drew the Star Wars Dark Empire series where everything seemed to have a slight green glow to it. I love how some of the pictures are wide shots, but they are also angled perspectives as if the reader is looking up at the action. Just can't imagine the man hours put behind all the cgi stuff such as the technical read out HUD type stuff. It is simply visually stunning, on par with Final Fantasy or Animatrix images.

Jason