Author Topic: Packaging Reveals!  (Read 7171 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Packaging Reveals!
« on: October 10, 2013, 03:08:22 AM »
Well it is time to get this started. Here is what the packaging is going to look like:

From Hasbro:

"In anticipation of Lucasfilm’s STAR WARS REBELS panel at New York Comic Con (Saturday, October 12, 2013; 2:45 PM ¬ 3:45 PM; Location: Empire Stage 1-E), Hasbro unveils the packaging treatment for its STAR WARS REBELS 3.75-inch action figure line supporting the upcoming animated series.

STAR WARS REBELS continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes.

Hasbro’s STAR WARS REBELS line, featuring highly detailed 3.75-inch action figures with multiple points of articulation, is coming to a galaxy near you in 2014."

I cannot wait to see what new characters we might see from the reveals this weekend.

This reminds me a lot of the Star Wars Legacy Packaging we had back in 2011? where we had TCW Line on the Clone Faced Packaging and the Regular Figure Line look with the Stormtrooper Helmet.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:09:49 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Packaging Reveals!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
Anyone else notice the multiple points of articulation point?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
I did notice that. Perhaps they are learning the error of their ways.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »

Sadly, they are 5 POA :(
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 02:48:14 AM »

I read that too from our own Q and A last night. Kinda scratching my head about that. Guess we won't know till we see a few figures will we.

If Hasbro considers 5 poa as multiple points of articulation that is ok for most action figures that bugs me a bit.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »

I read that too from our own Q and A last night. Kinda scratching my head about that. Guess we won't know till we see a few figures will we.

If Hasbro considers 5 poa as multiple points of articulation that is ok for most action figures that bugs me a bit.

I was confused by that as well, but I heard Jeff from Hasbro tell the guy in front of me (Paul from Jedi Temple Archives) that they were going to be 5 POA. I guess, technically, anything more than 2 can be considered "multiple"... :(
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »
I read Paul's comments on this very same thing today and had to concur. Hopefully they will eventually offer some of the new Rebels Line in more than five poa. I guess if they charge the lower price point folks might get them, but if they are going to charge regular price like they are for the Black Figure Line I am assuming most collectors, especially customizers will save their dollars for figures that are more super articulated.

Offline Jon Dough

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »
Glad to see folks talking about this point.

I am also curious to see what happens once the series is released and we have new figures with 5 poa.

Will sales be higher because of a cheaper pricing point or will they be lower because buyers are so used to the great poa?

I guess this will be a good test of whether or not Hasbro's argument that kids don't care about articulation and that parents are more likely to buy if the price is lower is true.

It would be nice if they would offer two separate lines, one limited poa and one greater poa.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
I also have to credit Paul with pointing out the face that when the very first Clone Wars Line came out it had very limited articulation, but then had a few offerings that were super-articulated.

I just can't imagine them making that great new Stormtrooper Deco without offering the great 14 poa articulation we know they can do!

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
I must admit, I love the packaging design... and it takes a lot for me to really care about that sort of things as I'm an opener.

I am very concerned about the 5POA though.  I think this is a pretty bad move on Hasbro's part.  Does each figure need to have 15 pts of articulation?  No, not to me.  I think though they could do something like 8-9pts on these, and keep the price around $7-ish... that would keep parents happy, and collectors more likely to buy in...

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
I totally agree. It is gonna be a shame to me to see these OTC type character getting shotty poa.