Author Topic: Retaliation Ultimate Duke  (Read 7239 times)

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
Retaliation Ultimate Duke
« on: August 21, 2013, 04:52:21 PM »

Retaliation Duke Review by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

So, what is there to say about Duke. Well, for one, Lucasclones will have a figure who's already in camouflage so maybe if he uses Duke for a custom he'll be saved a little work. Aside from that, well I'm not so sure.  Again, as far a Joe figure goes Duke has articulation in all the right places. He has a decent enough head sculpt and paint application.
Let's face it camouflage is hard to pull off and our boy Duke is sporting a hybrid of standard camouflage and digital. Too bad its all beige.

So, what does he come with? Well aside from coming with what looks more like a hockey helmet than a standard issue military helmet, he comes with a second head that's geared out in mask and helmet. Also, as shown above, he comes with a predator styles drone.

Now, he also comes with guns. Lots of guns. He's essentially the Lady Jaye of this wave. It's nice to have so many weapons, though I'd prefer if you're gonna go by sheer number of weapons at least give them some paint apps. Or at least make tne, a less putrid color. All in all the figure has some neat toys, but it in itself is a pretty standard figure. I feel like I've seen one or two variations of his legs already (as a matter of fact Flint in this wave has a pair) and underneath his soft good body armor is about as basic a torso as you'll see.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:10:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Duke Retaliation
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »
Wow, I agree that open face helmet looks kinda wonky to me, but wow what a bunch of awesome pack ins and that second helmet is nice. Man, I couldn't imagine them doing something like this for a SW Figure. Off to share. Thanks for reviewing most of this new wave. I plan on finding some time soon to make front page buttons for these.

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Awesome review man. I will have to pick up 2 of them, one for my collection and one for a call of duty custom.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »
You definitely get your money's worth with all those weapons. They should just make the weapons black.

Offline pcsguy88

• Cadet
    • The Fighting 118th
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
Might be just what I need to counter my Beachhead Nazis.    8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Retaliation Ultimate Duke
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
I finally have a review button up on the front page for this. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. I will endeavor to get better with these as reading your reviews is something I enjoy.