Author Topic: The Hasbro Figures that Never Were Customizing Contest  (Read 35834 times)

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
Re: The Hasbro Figures that Never Were Customizing Contest
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »
I'm only planning on 1 more to go with Obi,Bo,Maul and Vizsla.....the 2 in the background are just for tinkering about with another time.
I'm definitely feeling better since a disappointing start to the new year,I'm back into the customs and enjoying it again.......

...and back on form it seems,lots of nice comments,and all greatly appreciated guys. Top bunch  ;D

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:02 AM »
Nice work so far man, and this Vizsla is looking pretty sweet! Can't wait to see this guys done and hopefully I'll have my entry done soon, waiting on a few more parts.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
Benjani 1976
Where do you find the time?  I've barely done initial prep work.
Nice choices BTW, and great work.

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »
Benjani, your figs are excellent! Wow, look at how many you have so far...you are a beast! Great job!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Thanks guys,I guess I'm glad to be back in the saddle and i suppose on a bit of a roll. Feedback on my work had been great and a big boost.
Plus the kids are back to school and not messing about with my stuff when I'm not looking ;D

Not much done today,but I did pop into forbidden planet in Bristol today and got a mint vc102 Ahsoka tano for £9.99.........and a copy of stark hyperspace war,and Honor and duty for £5 the pair reduced from £23. I'm going back tomorrow for Jeremoch Colton for £8.99....mib
Bo katan head used to be CW tano,with sculpting for hair and band. Vizsla mk2 jetpack. Some paint mods......still plenty to do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:21:19 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
good job on the mods. that head turned out great!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:17 AM »
Need any ideas for Characters to create for this?

Offline Kweh-chan

• Lizzimoidian
  • Lieutenant
    • My deviantART
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 05:39:33 AM »
What a great idea for a contest! I'd love to be able to make one of the Neimoidians from TCW (maybe Sib Canay? I have an extra Daultay Dofine lying around).

Ahh, Lott Dod, you perfect example of male Neimoidian masculinity.

Neimoidians are love!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
good job on the mods. that head turned out great!
Really am chuffed to bits with the end product,much better than the Shira Brie head I was going to use.
Trying to keep the figures as close to Filoni's animated cast as possible,with the deliberate exception to Vizslas armour.....being the ex-leader of deathwatch,I want him to be of a stockier build.
Just got another donor figure from the post depot I missed signing for yesterday,number 5 now a wip and coming together well....watch this space ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:40:37 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
What a great idea for a contest! I'd love to be able to make one of the Neimoidians from TCW (maybe Sib Canay? I have an extra Daultay Dofine lying around).

Kweh-chan I had hoped you might tackle one of those TCW Neimoidians. The way you work it couldn't be anything other than fantastic.

Just got another donor figure from the post depot I missed signing for yesterday,number 5 now a wip and coming together well....watch this space ;)

Wow, another one! Man, that articulation on the leg area seems good to go already.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 05:57:11 AM »
Picked up a bedroom suite yesterday i need to put together and sort out today,bounty hunter Ventress will have to be on hold until later......from reference material,there's gonna be plenty of sculpting going into this one,not much in the fodder bins suitable for the style of outfit.
Running low on CW fodder so maybe I'll do a little dio during the week for their final photoshoot.
Got 1 more figure in the pipeline if the donor arrives in time,it should do and a looks good to make Duchess Satine.
That'll be 6 and a small dio........reconnection to the force established ;D

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:40:07 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »
Like LE, I am a judge and not able to win this one, like I want to win my own parts prize anyways. I will jump on the bandwagon by showing a WIP shot of a helmet I am working on for a realistic tvc Umbra arc Phase 2 501st arf trooper. I still have plenty of touch ups to do on the white and black, the blue 501st markings, and the cannon brown to the cheek parts of the helmet. My plan is to slap this onto some version of a removable helmet 501st trooper and match the blue on the helmet to the blue on the clone. I may paint up an rots atrt to pose him with.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 03:21:17 AM »
Like LE, I am a judge and not able to win this one, like I want to win my own parts prize anyways. I will jump on the bandwagon by showing a WIP shot of a helmet I am working on for a realistic tvc Umbra arc Phase 2 501st arf trooper. I still have plenty of touch ups to do on the white and black, the blue 501st markings, and the cannon brown to the cheek parts of the helmet. My plan is to slap this onto some version of a removable helmet 501st trooper and match the blue on the helmet to the blue on the clone. I may paint up an rots atrt to pose him with.

I believe a good clone for this helmet will be the rots tactical ops trooper.....Vaders legion. Removable helmet,super articulated and a touch of mud on his boots

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »
I just may have one of those laying around. Not sure where his head is, probably in the fodder bin. We will see how he sits the rots Atrt if I go that route.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
I decided to use the latest TVC 501st trooper as I know he has ball jointed hips that will work better for riding the atrt. The stripe got painted about 3 times to try to match the clone's blue markings and this is the closest i have gotten yet although it could go a bit darker. I read your note about the nose, Jay. I didnt think it had any blue on the nose. I should have saved those episodes so I could check. Other than that, do I look ok here?